Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Post Rock/ Ambient Thread

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

So what are some of your favorite post rock songs?

lostpilot

question directed towards?..

Corleone

lostpilot

my favourite post-rock songs? hm, let me think.
definitely Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep.
Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand in Mine
Ef - Final Touch/Hidden Agenda and Appendix
Hammock - Losing You to You
The Photographic - Inception / Millie Rode to Heaven on the Back of an Orca
This Will Destroy You - Villa De Refugio.

about that.

bright lights, big city

everything Explosions in the Sky has done is my favorite
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

no, they have their, well, worse releases, like The Rescue.
I listened to it once and put it away.
Yes, it was composed in 8 days with a song for each day, and yes, that still did not make me impressed

freiwald

Velvet Tongue

check out my music journal at www.o-discordia.blogspot.com

Alvar

Quote from: freiwald on Sep 23, 2008, 02:18 AM
just discovered this great band... can't get enough of they're new ep.

Between The Screams - Myspace
Between The Screams - Embryo (EP) Download

its funny that you post it because i can remember this

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

freiwald

Velvet Tongue

The Calm Blue Sea is aight. nothing spectacular though. 

their loud parts are cool, but their soft parts (aside from the piano) are pretty dull and uninteresting.

:-\

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Slacker

yeah i was doing a 18 hours bus ride and was listening to my walkman, when i ramdomly started listen to a song fealing totally overwhelm, and im like: "man the new mogwai is their best shit yet" i continued listening, when i took a look to the lcd screen and it displays: "artist: the calm blue sea", and im like: "man, i forgot i uploaded this one here". i agree that is definitly the best ambient/instrumental album of the year. much appreciated upload.

Starz

I agree, it's much better than most generic instramental post-rock released this year. Glad you like it :)

Velvet Tongue

Quote from: Slacker on Sep 26, 2008, 03:35 AM
yeah i was doing a 18 hours bus ride and was listening to my walkman, when i ramdomly started listen to a song fealing totally overwhelm, and im like: "man the new mogwai is their best shit yet" i continued listening, when i took a look to the lcd screen and it displays: "artist: the calm blue sea", and im like: "man, i forgot i uploaded this one here". i agree that is definitly the best ambient/instrumental album of the year. much appreciated upload.

you started off correctly (Mogwai) and then drifted off (The Calm Blue Sea).  :P

Slacker

Quote from: Velvet Tongue on Sep 26, 2008, 06:32 PM
Quote from: Slacker on Sep 26, 2008, 03:35 AM

you started off correctly (Mogwai) and then drifted off (The Calm Blue Sea).  :P

nop, what i ment is that i had both albums in my player and i thought what it was playing was actualy mogwai with out looking at the lcd screen, while big was my surprise when i noticed it was actualy the calm blue see, later on the trip back, listened to the new mogwai, wich is cool too, but not close to the greatness achived of the calm blue sea.

Corleone

Anyone have this?

Laura - Radio Swan Is Down

Corleone