Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Post Rock/ Ambient Thread

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodunit?

lostpilot

Quote from: Starz on Jan 12, 2009, 11:04 PM
Dude, this is some incredible stuff! What kind of software and VST's are you using? I can't seem to make my music anywhere near as good as this... Absolutely incredible! Are you playing all the instruments yourself? Like drums and guitar? Good Mono influences.

wow, man, I really appreciate your praise!
I am using Ableton Live, and well, VST's.. ehm, I don't even know.
I am playing everything except for the drums (which I usually make half a day for one song, putting sample to sample. that is why my drums do not sound as exquisite as I would like them to).

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 13, 2009, 12:58 AM
Quote from: Starz on Jan 12, 2009, 11:04 PM
Dude, this is some incredible stuff! What kind of software and VST's are you using? I can't seem to make my music anywhere near as good as this... Absolutely incredible! Are you playing all the instruments yourself? Like drums and guitar? Good Mono influences.

wow, man, I really appreciate your praise!
I am using Ableton Live, and well, VST's.. ehm, I don't even know.
I am playing everything except for the drums (which I usually make half a day for one song, putting sample to sample. that is why my drums do not sound as exquisite as I would like them to).
like what samples? for drums, I mean. It sounds pretty fine to me
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 13, 2009, 01:37 AM
like what samples? for drums, I mean. It sounds pretty fine to me

well, I hunt the samples on the internet (hihats, kicks, slaps etc), put them in rhythm etc etc and then just modify the sound with mixing stuff. eh
I've been looking for them forever.. in general, if you're up to mix something, go to www.freesound.org
much good stuff there

Alvar

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 12, 2009, 09:33 PM
hey all,
sooo.. this is my attempt to share some of my music with you. I think it fits this thread..
it's sort of the first EP from 4-5 EP series I will work on later.. it's experimental and abstract, ignore the quality, misconception and my lack of experience. genre - ambient/post-rock/abstract and obviously you will feel my influences.

the Picturesque Episodes - I - The Goddess

I. ..the End of Everything - 11:31
00:00 - Our Craft Burst in the Flames
03:22 - Those Bugs Ate the Carcass of My Ship!
05:28 - The Captain is Captive
09:40 - Insects Dragged Me Far
II. Flight - 09:56
00:00 - Through the Swarm
02:54 - Red Eyes
03:40 - Flight Down the Hive
08:17 - Held in the Citadel of Fear
III. The Goddess - 10:22
00:00 - She Stood Before Me, the Queen
02:10 - As She Consumed Me, the World Blazed in Array
07:05 - Bodiless
08:14 - The Swarm Continued the End

http://www.mediafire.com/?bmg1qknxe2y

Feedback is appreciated. ;)

i liked this alot!
felt like drowning between walls of melodic noise

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

lostpilot

thanks, Alvar :)

if you would like to, you have my permission to share my music with anyone :)

Zevaka

well, i also must say is very good. elegant and nice. i like it, though i'm not really fan of such minmal sound, i prefer full sound

lostpilot

thanks, Z :) I value your feedback, all of yours!

Nailec

hey guys.

does someone have something from this band here?

www.myspace.com/ef 

plz post k? thx

lostpilot

of course we have.

ef is one of my favourite post-rock bands that include vocals ;)

ef - Give Me Beauty.. or Give Me Death!
http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=WE8AA8VH

ef - I am Responsible
http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=q19zlb4v

both really amazing.
and Final Touch / Hidden Agenda is the best song ever.

Starz

333tone

Is there a blog/link for downloading Mono discography?

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

lostpilot

Nailec

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 19, 2009, 09:35 PM
of course we have.

ef is one of my favourite post-rock bands that include vocals ;)

ef - Give Me Beauty.. or Give Me Death!
http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=WE8AA8VH

ef - I am Responsible
http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=q19zlb4v

both really amazing.
and Final Touch / Hidden Agenda is the best song ever.

thank you. and yes this song is epic

Nailec

some fresh sounding post/progressive rock from germany.

i hear a lot of oceansize.

definitely a dense sound with bright moments in it.

if anyone could upload a whole album, that would be great

www.myspace.com/nihiling 

lostpilot

since this is post-rock thread.. oh my god, I had such a great night yesterday. Me and my friend, which is in our band slowattack, went to this studio where two of his friends played with some kinds some emo-whatever (gladly everyone except for those kids were pissed off how uninteresting is that kind of music), so, when those kids left, four of us got guitars, bass and drums and started playing, improvising...

oh my fucking god. best two hours ever. we played something close with sound to ef, explosions in the sky or so, and it was purely instrumental with whole lot of improvisation. I am still deaf today, the day after.. I am so looking forward to having drummer and bassist in our band, slowattack. NEED MOAR.

just decided to share my deepest excitement!

Starz

i'm a drummer who wants to play post-rock. can i be in your band?

lostpilot

Quote from: Starz on Jan 24, 2009, 01:12 PM
i'm a drummer who wants to play post-rock. can i be in your band?

yeah, if only you moved to Lithuania.. :)

whodunit?

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 24, 2009, 12:56 PM
since this is post-rock thread.. oh my god, I had such a great night yesterday. Me and my friend, which is in our band slowattack, went to this studio where two of his friends played with some kinds some emo-whatever (gladly everyone except for those kids were pissed off how uninteresting is that kind of music), so, when those kids left, four of us got guitars, bass and drums and started playing, improvising...

oh my fucking god. best two hours ever. we played something close with sound to ef, explosions in the sky or so, and it was purely instrumental with whole lot of improvisation. I am still deaf today, the day after.. I am so looking forward to having drummer and bassist in our band, slowattack. NEED MOAR.

that's nice. happy to hear that.

wither-I

Quote from: whodunit? on Jan 24, 2009, 03:50 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 24, 2009, 12:56 PM

that's nice. happy to hear that.
thats amazing. nothing like it in the world.

i relate it to heavy spiritual experience -making music that is

"coming into the nearness of distance"