Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 18, 2009, 11:59 PM

Nadja-When_I_See_The_Sun_It_Always_Shines_On_TV-(Advance)-2009-DV8

where is the link?

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

ben

I saw Explosions in the Sky in a theater on my campus.  Yea.  A theater.  one of the best shows I've ever been to.  A bunch of people just sitting in nice padded seats experiencing it.  The setlist was perfect as well.  Greet Death as an intro?  shit.  Also some of the best weed I've smoked.

wither-I

wow thats awesome man. ive heard they are phenomenal live.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

They were excellent.  The only drawback was that they played songs off All of a Sudden but I still hadn't listened to it enough to realize the greatness of that album. 

Nailec

ive seen envy yesterday in berlin. it was one of the best shows ive ever been to. such an intense, nice band, excelent sound quality (although a bit too loud) and the band was avaible for a little chatting and photos.

aidan baker and leah buckareff from Nadja have been in the club, too. they havent been able to see envy because the show was sold out. they are living in berlin now which hopefully means theyre touring more often through germany

great night for me  :)

ben

Jon Hopkins' new album is damn good.

Nailec

ben

Slacker

Quote from: ben on May 03, 2009, 07:54 PM
Jon Hopkins' new album is damn good.

word.

new fuckin maybeshewill, not scene though.

Release date: June 8, 2009
Bitrate: V0vbr

01. You Can't Shake Hands With a Clenched Fist
02. Co-Conspirators
03. This Time Last Year
04. Accept And Embrace
05. How to Have Sex With a Ghost
06. Our History Will Be What We Make of It
07. Last Time This Year
08. Sing the Word Hope in Four-Part Harmony

bright lights, big city

Anyone else check out Riceboy Sleeps, the Sigur Ros side project? I've been playing it pretty consistently for a couple weeks now. Good stuff.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 14, 2009, 02:01 AM
Anyone else check out Riceboy Sleeps, the Sigur Ros side project? I've been playing it pretty consistently for a couple weeks now. Good stuff.

maaan, that's my new favourite falling asleep album.
songs like happiness.. so awesome. constant playback in my mp3 player before sleep. and I heard that copy we have isn't properly mastered yet (lolwut, I find that version perfect in quality)..

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on May 14, 2009, 06:46 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 14, 2009, 02:01 AM

maaan, that's my new favourite falling asleep album.
songs like happiness.. so awesome. constant playback in my mp3 player before sleep. and I heard that copy we have isn't properly mastered yet (lolwut, I find that version perfect in quality)..
really? sounds perfectly fine to me haha
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

it's absolutely nice to listen to few tracks before falling asleep in the middle of the day.
I just drag some three songs from Riceboy Sleeps (the last one always being Happiness) and go to lie down. and by happiness I'm all drowsy and sleepy. soooooooooo nice.
since now is 6 AM and I will be just exhausted today by, say, 3 PM, so I definitely will have that experience again today

bright lights, big city

lol nice. i haven't taken a nap like that in ages. it's going on my to-do list!
DERP

Alvar

Quote from: lostpilot on May 14, 2009, 07:01 AM
it's absolutely nice to listen to few tracks before falling asleep in the middle of the day.
I just drag some three songs from Riceboy Sleeps (the last one always being Happiness) and go to lie down. and by happiness I'm all drowsy and sleepy. soooooooooo nice.
since now is 6 AM and I will be just exhausted today by, say, 3 PM, so I definitely will have that experience again today

i love doing that too. most time i just throw in some instrumental music and fall asleep. i think im even sleeping more relaxed with music in the background than without.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

lostpilot

Quote from: Alvar on May 14, 2009, 08:07 PM
i love doing that too. most time i just throw in some instrumental music and fall asleep. i think im even sleeping more relaxed with music in the background than without.

yes, music helps me relax as well. though when I actually SLEEP I like it all silenced.
so for me it's only falling asleep with some nice music.
Drone used to be amazing while falling asleep (Jesu generally). or some Earth.
something quite monotonic, trippy even.. eh :)

lostpilot

heyyyyyyy check out my totally-ambient approach towards my new song, 'Lullaby for the Owls'.
http://www.myspace.com/thepicturesqueepisodes
feedback much appreciated

lostpilot

WOW. PEOPLE.
Vessels are AWESOME.

absolutely not what I expected.
only two songs into the album (white Fields and Open Devices) and loving it absolutely

bright lights, big city

is there a link to them?

ive never heard them, i'm always down for some good new post-rock.
DERP