Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Post Rock/ Ambient Thread

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Explosions in the Sky was :o

Starz

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 07, 2009, 04:40 AM
just came across Port-Royal. in the same vein as Lights Out Asia. http://www.myspace.com/uptheroyals

new album here: http://hotfile.com/dl/11686173/ad383b1/p_r_-_d_i_t_2009_alltimegreatesthits.blogspot.com.rar.html

Yeah the new album is really good. You should check out the album Flares buy Port-Royal as well, probably my favourite album by them :)

I like Explosions but I always have this image of their live shows being hella boring... So Darius, it was a pretty good show?

lostpilot

omg. trust me, it was FAR from boring. I myself always thought a band like that could be a little dull but not the way they played it.
I am speechless on how powerful, emotional and of course loud that was. they played all of my favourite songs, they put so much energy into it.. seriously, it's unbelieveable how such a "calm" band could a such a "rock" act on stage.. seriously.

we hung out outside for a while and met them, they are really nice and friendly people.. we took some pictures with them, I'll probably get them in two days or something. anyway. one of the best shows I've ever been to.

ben

yea they are good ole Texas boys.

Starz

Solo Andata - Solo Andata [2009] [MP3/256]

01 Ablation
02 Hydraulic Fluctuations
03 Canal Rocks
04 Beyond This Window
05 In The Light Storming
06 Look For Me Here
07 Loom
08 Woods Flesh Bone

QuoteIt's fair to say that I've been eagerly awaiting this album in a pretty large way. Although I haven't heard a lot of Solo Andata's music the track that appeared on the 'Live In Melbourne' 12k release was fantastic and I hoped I'd hear more. Well, here's the full length release from this duo and I have to say it's astonishingly beautiful in every way. From the cello laced opening track with it's incredibly detailed, yet completely flowing sound right through some of the most downright gorgeous textured works and on into some absolutely charming guitar-led moments this is an album that screams quality and depth at every turn. There's a gently introspective feel that pervades this work – it's sad and melancholy but has twists and turns that take it into more robust territory every now and again with tense guitar drones and fuzzed out layers, but they manage to feel restrained and never overwhelm you. Sound design is frankly stunning and there are some wonderfully dislocatory elements that work in the background in a seemingly huge stereo field. Ultimately this is an album that I don't want to break down too much as it's the combination of everything coming together into a musical journey that makes it so very special. I could talk about each individual track but I strongly believe that it would do it an injustice. What you need to know is that altogether it's melodic, dense, refined, beautiful, powerful, organic... really, everything I could want and hope for from a contemporary electronic work. It's stunning from beginning to end and yet another massive recommendation. Don't miss out on this one.

http://rapidshare.com/files/274934952/Solo_Andata.zip

This might not be for everyone, but it's definitely one of the nicest ambient albums I've heard in a long time. Enjoy :)

Zevaka

lol Starz, you've chosen the post ridiculous atpr banner ever :)

lostpilot

for me personally pretty much all of those banners are lame :)

black coffee

Zevaka

Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 09, 2009, 04:54 PM
i love the one with sigur ros and tanks

lostpilot

Quote from: Zevaka on Sep 09, 2009, 05:33 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 09, 2009, 04:54 PM
i love the one with sigur ros and tanks

well yeah, I mean the older banners are somewhat okay, but not the deuchebagy new ones

Starz

they're all fags at the atpr forum lol. my banner is pretty cool though! come on, it's got david bowie on it!

Alvar

October, 27th, the world will be a much darker place

Drone-Metalgazers "Nadja" have been working with ambient-black-metal-pop-destroyers "Pyramids" on a full length collaboration entitled: "Pyramids with Nadja" (yeah, very inpressive)
Now, what is more impressive for me is not only the fact that these two awesome bands are making music together, but there is a bunch of guest musicians involved that are really getting my hopes up for this.
The album was produced by Khanate member James Plotkin and features guest appereances from members of Cocteau Twins, Der Blutharsch, Behold... The Arctopus and Mineral.
Further, remixes will be made by Lustmord and Ulver.

I cant fucking wait for this. A first sample track can be found here. Its a rather calm snippet, im sure the rest of the album will be much more abstract.
Holy Shit

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Zevaka

yeah, that promises to blow everybody

Starz

Yeah looking forward to that!

ben

In the mood for some creepy-as-fuck ambient music?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tzinhhmnoid

don't get high to this.

lostpilot

I guess I've learned my lesson when I got high with GY!BE.
Yeah, they have.. positive movements, lets say. but pretty much everything else is scary shit.

ben

hahaha I actually rather enjoy smoking pot to some Yanqui or Skinny Fists....but if that is in your league of scary, DEFINITELY don't smoke to Kreng.

lostpilot

I'm easily affected... I mean yeah, Storm - one of my favourite tracks to be blazed on btw - is absolutely blissful, but take all the noises and dischords and radio buzz.. generally speaking I get kinda scary-ish moody when I listen to, say, TOOL's Third Eye..

but yeah you know thank god I'm not into some tribal stuff

ben

The Dead Flag Blues is creepy as all hell.

lostpilot

Quote from: ben on Sep 14, 2009, 10:54 PM
The Dead Flag Blues is creepy as all hell.

exactly my point. try listening to the 'Trains' part and not being at least constantly aware if noone is standing behind you..