Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Post Rock/ Ambient Thread

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 02, 2009, 03:55 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Nov 02, 2009, 03:33 PM
Quote from: Starz on Oct 31, 2009, 11:02 AM
Try and get Pg.Lost's two other albums before that one as they are much better IMO :)
upload?? :)
not my uploads but here's where I found them
http://rapidshare.com/files/270757396/pglostyia.rar Yes I Am EP
http://sharebee.com/64f4016c It's Not Me, It's You  (password: inasafeplace)
fucking right bro! thanks :)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Starz

Blueneck - The Fallen Host [2009]

1. (Depart From Me, You Who Are Cursed)
2. Seven
3. Low
4. The Guest
5. Children Of Ammon
6. Weaving Spiders Come Not Here
7. Lilitu
8. Revelations

Quote"People who like to lose themselves in the place within will like our music," says Blueneck singer squinky Attwood, summing up the profound, epic nature of the band's work in a single sentence.

You see, Blueneck write the soundtrack to the greatest movie you've never seen. Ten years into their career, Attwood and his band have evolved a style of music that has been labelled 'post-rock' by some observers but which offers much more than that simple definition. With the band's new album, The Fallen Host, Blueneck take the listener deep into an inner zone of immense beauty and power. The first single, 'Lilitu', is the perfect gateway drug to the Blueneck experience, enticing anyone with an ear for melody inward with its mesmeric beats and strings. Described by Attwood as "one of the more immediate tracks on the album", the song pulls the listener inside a world constructed of fragile emotion and world-shaking rhythms.

Unbelievably, this widescreen music comes from just four musicians: you'd expect a full orchestra and a platoon of session players to be behind sounds of such captivating richness. Attwood (vocals, guitar, piano), Ben Green (guitar), Ben Paget (bass) and Johnny Horswell (drums) first formed the band in 2000, jamming together and discovering a mutual love of uncategorisable bands such as Mogwai, Godspeed! You Black Emperor, Sigur Rós, Radiohead (particularly the Kid A and Amnesiac era), Cult Of Luna and Björk – although Attwood also cites indirect influences such as Arcade Fire, Pavement, Wilco and Smashing Pumpkins. This led to a powerful and completely unique style which has made Blueneck an essential sonic experience, whether live or recorded.

"I'd known the two Bens for years, so we asked Johnny along to jam and in time, the jams evolved into songs," recalls Attwood. "The sound eventually evolved, and we discovered newfound influences which steered the band in a particular direction. Over the years we've used additional musicians both in the studio and live, and that won't be any different this time around as we've added a cellist to the studio line-up – who will also appear at some of the gigs – and an additional guitarist for live shows."

The Fallen Host builds on the heightened profile which Blueneck achieved with their much-praised 2006 debut album, Scars Of The Midwest. Where that album introduced the band's ethereal style to a burgeoning UK and international fanbase, the new release adds more depth and colour to Blueneck's already-huge sound and is sure to establish them still further.

"Our music can be pretty intense at times, particularly if the listener is in an emotional place at the time," says Attwood. "People who like to turn the lights off and listen intently to an album are going to enjoy The Fallen Host."

http://rapidshare.com/files/301960419/b-fh.rar

wither-I

i like what im hearing so far

wither-I

Quote from: Starz on Nov 03, 2009, 11:04 PM
Blueneck - The Fallen Host [2009]

1. (Depart From Me, You Who Are Cursed)
2. Seven
3. Low
4. The Guest
5. Children Of Ammon
6. Weaving Spiders Come Not Here
7. Lilitu
8. Revelations

Quote“People who like to lose themselves in the place within will like our music,” says Blueneck singer squinky Attwood, summing up the profound, epic nature of the band’s work in a single sentence.

You see, Blueneck write the soundtrack to the greatest movie you’ve never seen. Ten years into their career, Attwood and his band have evolved a style of music that has been labelled ‘post-rock’ by some observers but which offers much more than that simple definition. With the band’s new album, The Fallen Host, Blueneck take the listener deep into an inner zone of immense beauty and power. The first single, ‘Lilitu’, is the perfect gateway drug to the Blueneck experience, enticing anyone with an ear for melody inward with its mesmeric beats and strings. Described by Attwood as “one of the more immediate tracks on the album”, the song pulls the listener inside a world constructed of fragile emotion and world-shaking rhythms.

Unbelievably, this widescreen music comes from just four musicians: you’d expect a full orchestra and a platoon of session players to be behind sounds of such captivating richness. Attwood (vocals, guitar, piano), Ben Green (guitar), Ben Paget (bass) and Johnny Horswell (drums) first formed the band in 2000, jamming together and discovering a mutual love of uncategorisable bands such as Mogwai, Godspeed! You Black Emperor, Sigur Rós, Radiohead (particularly the Kid A and Amnesiac era), Cult Of Luna and Björk – although Attwood also cites indirect influences such as Arcade Fire, Pavement, Wilco and Smashing Pumpkins. This led to a powerful and completely unique style which has made Blueneck an essential sonic experience, whether live or recorded.

“I’d known the two Bens for years, so we asked Johnny along to jam and in time, the jams evolved into songs,” recalls Attwood. “The sound eventually evolved, and we discovered newfound influences which steered the band in a particular direction. Over the years we’ve used additional musicians both in the studio and live, and that won’t be any different this time around as we’ve added a cellist to the studio line-up – who will also appear at some of the gigs – and an additional guitarist for live shows.”

The Fallen Host builds on the heightened profile which Blueneck achieved with their much-praised 2006 debut album, Scars Of The Midwest. Where that album introduced the band’s ethereal style to a burgeoning UK and international fanbase, the new release adds more depth and colour to Blueneck’s already-huge sound and is sure to establish them still further.

“Our music can be pretty intense at times, particularly if the listener is in an emotional place at the time,” says Attwood. “People who like to turn the lights off and listen intently to an album are going to enjoy The Fallen Host.”

http://rapidshare.com/files/301960419/b-fh.rar

WOW! okay, this is phenomenal. id like to thank you a thousand times over for this.
great tunes for the approaching winter... :)

Starz

'Lilitu' from that album is incredible, it's been on repeat for ages. Sigur Ros fans will like it! :)

bright lights, big city

For real, man. Thanks a bunch, I love this album!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Blueneck is really awesome.
Low could be slowly becoming my favourite song of the week.

Slacker

yeah the bluneck album is dope enhanced

tarkil

Damn, can't wait to download it then...  :D

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lostpilot

everybody, go download The Ascent of Everest - How Lonely Sits the City

bright lights, big city

thanks for the recommendation man, I like what I'm hearing!!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Slacker

Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 22, 2009, 05:29 PM
everybody, go download The Ascent of Everest - How Lonely Sits the City

any links for  The_Ascent_Of_Everest-How_Lonely_Sits_The_City-(Remastered)-2008-FNT ?

lostpilot

well, all I have is this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=zz0cz2lb

but this is obviously not a remastered version..

Slacker

Fireal1222

god is an astronaut just posted on there website a few days ago, that they will have another new album out, mid year next year.. cant wait

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

black coffee

Haha. I prefer group releases as well, but in the end it's all about the music. Weren't you the one who came up with the Animals As Leaders album btw?

Fireal1222

no, im not sure what your talking about.

but as far as GIAA goes, the more music they releas the better

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

black coffee

My bad, I was asking this the person behind the nickname Slacker.

Anyways The Butterfly Explosion are gonna release their debut album titled "Lost Trails" next year as well. New track "Closer" sounds good as well.

Alvar

A Forest Of Stars - The Corpse Of Rebirth

the marriage of neoclassical post-rock and psychedelic black-metal. godspeed you black emperor summoning satan. a sonic apocalypse.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

lostpilot