Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Post Rock/ Ambient Thread

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

i am replying to myself in the paranoiac critical method

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Starz

The Album Leaf - Chorus of Storytellers (2010)

QuoteA Chorus of Storytellers was recorded by Ryan Hadlock in the frosty month of February 2009 at Bear Creek Studio just outside of Seattle. It was mixed in the decidedly warmer month of June in Reykjavik, Iceland by Birgir Jon Birgisson (of Sigur Ros). For the first time in five albums, The Album Leaf recorded as a whole band. In the past, almost every instrument was performed by principal songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Jimmy LaValle. This time the whole band was invited to participate and the result is their best record yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mamrg2t3jkd

bright lights, big city

thanks man, another good recommendation
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

ben

Am I the only one who considers How Strange, Innocence an extremely underrated album?

lostpilot

Quote from: ben on Jan 21, 2010, 04:20 AM
Am I the only one who considers How Strange, Innocence an extremely underrated album?

no, you are not alone.

/Darius is having a flashback of his Explosions in the Sky live show experience. oh maaaaaaaan.

wither-I

ive been listening to explosions alot lately. everything from them actually.

your hand in mine is one of the best "post rock" songs ever

ben

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 21, 2010, 08:43 AM
Quote from: ben on Jan 21, 2010, 04:20 AM

no, you are not alone.

/Darius is having a flashback of his Explosions in the Sky live show experience. oh maaaaaaaan.

totally.  When I saw them live, they finished with "Catastrophe and the Cure" and it is definitely one of my top 5 best live moments. 

from 5:30 on in that song, and to hear it live, is just incredible.

lostpilot

Quote from: ben on Jan 22, 2010, 03:43 AM
totally.  When I saw them live, they finished with "Catastrophe and the Cure" and it is definitely one of my top 5 best live moments. 

from 5:30 on in that song, and to hear it live, is just incredible.

dude, YES, they played it when I saw them live. The amazing thing was that I never really knew what songs they usually play (well, except Your Hand, Birth/Death of Day and First Breath After Coma.. well and maybe Greet Death), and seeing this live was totally unexpected and absolutely satisfying. What an awesome experience!

When I saw them live, they played these songs (I'm not sure about the order though, as soon as I run out of the venue I texted this in my drafts, clumsy memory):
First Breath After Coma
Catastrophe and the Cure
Memorial
The Birth and Death of the Day
Greet Death
Your Hand in Mine

The Birth and Death of the Day was fcking fantastic, a lot of noise and soooo grandeur. I loved that night. I got to meet the guys after the show and hang a little, talking about music and everything :) awesome

Starz

Shapes Stars Make - These Mountains Are Safe

01. Giant Bird
02. Le Dodici
03. (We Are) The Hurting
04. Be Gentle, Young One
05. Sunrise
06. Fireflies And Lights
07. The Calm
08. And The Sky Opened

QuoteShapes Stars Make crafts emotionally-rich indie rock, heavy in post-rock influence. The band s songs are well-crafted harmonies that balance beautifully layered melodies and lyrics. These Mountains Are Safe was recorded with Producer / Engineer John Congleton (The Appleseed Cast, Explosions in the Sky, Baroness).

Shapes Stars Make sound exactly the way you would expect a band with this name to sound like. The music is airy with gentle flickers that light up small and large. The music consumes the listener like the lights in the night sky and lets you dream out loud.

http://www.multiupload.com/8NQG7C162Q[/quote]

wither-I

^^^pretty good

i found this on thesirenssound; KERRETTA

it's some instrumental heavy/melodic awesomeness

for fans of pelican/isis and such

crunch! crunch!

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a2fcc45/n/Kerretta_-_Vilayer.rar

wither-I

wow how have i not heard these guys before?!

ghastly city sleep

EDIT; supposedly i already had this on my itunes. back from 07' how did i miss this :(

for those unsure

http://www.mediafire.com/?nztsxhrz4nl

http://www.myspace.com/ghastlycitysleep

bright lights, big city

yeah jeez man that is so old. however, that should mean they have something coming out soon perhaps?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

yeah on their myspace blog back in october they said the album was mastered out and ready to go... should be soon i would guess. 10 songs 54 minutes long.

im in love and longing

bright lights, big city

badass, can't wait to hear something new from them
DERP

ben

Do Make Say Think is quickly emerging to becoming one of my favorite post-rock bands.

wither-I

ive been meaning to get them...

lostpilot

Quote from: ben on Jan 31, 2010, 05:42 PM
Do Make Say Think is quickly emerging to becoming one of my favorite post-rock bands.

DMST are awesome, though there are moments when I need different post-rock.. than their. I mean, they sometimes sound too "artsy craftsy" for me, the pinned acoustic sounds etc. But there are definitely awesome times when I listen to them, mostly to their latest self-titled (which is superb, a flowing evolution of  their sound) and You, You're a History in Rust.

The Universe! is simply amazing and easily one of my favorite uplifting post-rock song.

wither-I

lostpilot

The British Expeditionary Force are super awesome, I mailed them with request on info about Chapter Two, cause it has been promised for years now, they told me "it will be out soon"..

soon is half of year already