wither-I

yeah im already eager for new stuff!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

wither-I

LISTEN TO THIS BAND NOW!

the summer pledge

soooooo awesome!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/thesummerpledge

and HERE on their website you can donload their album for free.

http://thesummerpledge.com/

EDIT here is a rapidshare link in case the link on the bandsite does not work. it downloaded for me but did not come up in my files... hmmmm

http://rs670.rapidshare.com/files/249960912/The_Summer_Pledge-You_Are_You-2009-gF.rar

Starz

Saw Oceansize in London last night. They had a few tech problems so couldn't play the set they wanted which led to an underwhelming performance. But support from Vessels and And So I Watch You From Afar. Wow these bands were amazing! If you ever get the chance to see them then I would. Wow I'm still buzzing from their performances now...

wither-I

lostpilot

Quote from: Starz on Feb 04, 2010, 02:45 PM
Saw Oceansize in London last night. They had a few tech problems so couldn't play the set they wanted which led to an underwhelming performance. But support from Vessels and And So I Watch You From Afar. Wow these bands were amazing! If you ever get the chance to see them then I would. Wow I'm still buzzing from their performances now...

Vessels should have been absolutely awesome. Do you know t he setlist or at least some of the songs they've played?
And what about Oceansize? What songs did they play, and how disappointing was  the technical misfortunes?

BBfan

So I'm just getting into/realizing how awesome Explosions in the Sky and pg.lost are. :) Why I'm just figuring this out now, I don't know. Noobs for the loss.  :-[

Starz

I prefer Pg.Lost to Explosions In The Sky but that is just my opinion. The only album I like by Explosions is All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone...

Starz

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 04, 2010, 08:03 PM

Vessels should have been absolutely awesome. Do you know t he setlist or at least some of the songs they've played?
And what about Oceansize? What songs did they play, and how disappointing was  the technical misfortunes?

The songs I can remember from Vessels were Altered Beast, Yuki, and Look At That Cloud! I think they played a couple more but can't remember which ones, sorry.

For Oceansize, the technical stuff kinda ruined their set to be honest. For some reason and without any explanation from the band, the technical difficulties led to the band playing new songs which took up half the set! That was a bit strange but one of the new songs sounded real good... Hmmm as far as old songs they played I can remember Massive Bereavement, A Homage to a Shame and Only Twin. They said that they were not able to play any songs from Home & Mirror. They also said they were missing a sixth person..? Quite a weird night Oceansize had.

EDIT: Sorry Darius, post has been edited now.

lostpilot

Starz, maybe you've missed it:

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 04, 2010, 08:03 PM

And what about Oceansize? What songs did they play, and how disappointing was  the technical misfortunes?

Starz

EDIT above your post dude, sorry.

lostpilot

Quote from: Starz on Feb 04, 2010, 09:28 PM
The songs I can remember from Vessels were Altered Beast, Yuki, and Look At That Cloud! I think they played a couple more but can't remember which ones, sorry.

omg, Look at that Cloud! and Yuki. Just awesome. I'm really glad you had this experience :)
I am now excited about seeing MONO in March. that is going to be AWESOME.

Starz

Yes they are playing here in London around that time also so will probably go and see them as I haven't ever experienced them live before.

E-Money

Not sure if anyone has posted these guys before.   http://www.myspace.com/codesintheclouds

I think they sound pretty decent. 

lostpilot

When I was residing in Dublin for summer I could have seen them live for free, but I only saw the event in last.fm an hour after the beginning of the show.
Well that sucked.

black coffee

Yes they are pretty good. I've seen these guys live two years ago, opening for This Will Destroy You. Distant Street Lights is probably my favorite song .

Nailec

Starz

you're lucky. is it camping? because i'm getting some websites saying that it's only for one day and others saying it's a two day festival. if it's a one day thing then i might fly out there for the day...

black coffee

Friction Fest is a 2-day Music Festival taking place in the city of Berlin on May 7th and 8th 2010.

Line-up looks terrific. I would definitely go if I didn't have exams right after that weekend.

Nailec

jep its two days. there is no option of camping i guess. the website suggests some motels in berlin you can stay at night.

since i live in berlin, its no problem for me.

ben

Any A Silver Mt. Zion fans in here?

I never really gave them a chance because even Godspeed fans don't sometimes like them.  But I've been checking out the albums in chronological order and yea the sound does definitely evolve into something outside Godspeed but I really like it.