Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Post Rock/ Ambient Thread

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

E-Money

bright lights, big city

not to be confused with DoC
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

black coffee

For you starving post rockers -

Pg.Lost-Key-2012-CaHeSo

If_These_Trees_Could_Talk-Red_Forest-2012-pLAN9

Didn't listen to the Pg.Lost album yet, but If These Trees Could talk album is real good. These guys are touring Europe in April, I'm likely to go to their show. If you hadn't heard them before, you might wanna check out their first two albums as well. Good, heavy post rock.

lostpilot

I don't knooooooooooooow, I feel so past-post-rock.

Even my personal music is shifting away, towards electronica/minimal/loops. How much can you milk the crescendo/explosives cow?

bright lights, big city

Agreed, the genre is kind of in a lull. I haven't listened to post-rock in quite some time now. But as a fan of Pg Lost, I will it at least give this album a shot.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Put on one of the last two earth albums and tell me post rock is in a lull, i dare ye! It almost feels like mediocrity is a genre atribute at this point though, there's so many copycats and similar sounding acts. You really have to wade through a lot of shit to find the good stuff, but the good stuff is fucking good!

lostpilot

oh dude Earth is wonderful, but it's an entirely different genre imo - drone rock, or something like that.

E-Money

Quote from: lostpilot on Mar 18, 2012, 06:23 PM
I don't knooooooooooooow, I feel so past-post-rock.

Even my personal music is shifting away, towards electronica/minimal/loops. How much can you milk the crescendo/explosives cow?

Lostpilot have you listened to the new Burial ep yet?  Seems like you might really enjoy it! 

lostpilot

I actually did hear the EP and I can't  say I was TOO into it. I mean yes, the music is alright, however it just did not drag me into the vibe :-)

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Crazylegs

Geogaddii

BillyNo.9

It's from a movie called Pontypool. It's a strange film worth a watch.

lostpilot

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

lostpilot

bright lights, big city

didn't even know they had a new album in the works, let alone a double album.
DERP

lostpilot

yep.

I really really hope that "side A" will be something like Tape Recorder (=ambient lullabies), and part two will be something like Sinking Inside Yourself (=ambient rock). Purrrrfect.