Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Post Rock/ Ambient Thread

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

Caspian - Halls of the Summer

New song from the upcoming album. A good one, too.

tarkil

Anyone here knows about Sleep Party People band ?
Are they any good ? I've just discovered they're doing a show in Hong Kong next week, I'm considering whether to go or not (haven't had time to check them out online yet).

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

Never heard of them.

In other news, I just heard there's a new EP from Ef. Is this legit?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

There is yes! It used to be in free listen somewhere on Internet, I have the page saved at home, I can post it here tonight after I'm back home if you can't find it?

Btw, I'm seeing Russian Circles live tonight. This will kick ass, and I can't wait!!! :)

lostpilot

Sleep Party People is definitely SOMETHING.
They have their own thing going on, I like it, kind of.

Guys, listen to the new Hammock. It's blissful.. almost their best.

Plus, of course, you can always listen to Cosmogenesis that I made with my own hands;
the Picturesque Episodes - Tokyo Pulse

bright lights, big city

LOVE Russian Circles. So good live. New Hammock is good too, as is the new Ef. Post-rock is back! For me, at least.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 11, 2012, 04:01 PM
LOVE Russian Circles. So good live. New Hammock is good too, as is the new Ef. Post-rock is back! For me, at least.

new Ef?

bright lights, big city

DERP

lostpilot

I see, well, I shall check it sometime:)

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

new Ef is very soulful, however there could have been so much material.. it's like a small small glimpse into what I wanted to see anyway.

However, quite emotional which is always a plus

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 15, 2012, 03:25 PM
it's like a small small glimpse into what I wanted to see anyway.
well it is an EP, man, haha.
DERP

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 15, 2012, 03:25 PM
it's like a small small glimpse into what I wanted to see anyway.
well it is an EP, man, haha.

true but it's even too short for an EP, you know. when you listen to a certain piece of music you expect some natural closure and natural length and this just haven't delivered in my eyes

Deadradio

CarloDefDonno

I really love post-rock and post-metal , especially Caspian, Sigur Ròs, Show Me A Dinosaur and the absolutely unknown but great Meanwhile, Back in Communist Russia...

BillyNo.9

Not sure if this is the right threat but My Bloody Valentine are releasing a new album next month, very intrigued.

epistaxis

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Nov 08, 2012, 12:28 AM
Not sure if this is the right threat but My Bloody Valentine are releasing a new album next month, very intrigued.
I hope it's doesn't get postponed, I'm really looking forward to this.
They do have a few tour dates set for Japan and Australia next year. And they'll be playing some new songs.

Alxn

Quote from: wither-I on Oct 14, 2012, 09:56 PM
new ef is unbelievable

yeah!!! i'm so glad i discovered this!!!!! such a great EP! very trippy! thank you all for let me know about that band! i'm already looking foward for the new album!

epistaxis