Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

DEFTONES BRISTOL - CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by stu_101, Mar 18, 2007, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pissedandpierced

I just spoke to someone at LiveNation who told me as far as they know the rest of the tour will be going ahead but the band need to see a doctor first. I did ask who was ill and what was wrong and they didn't know as they are trying to get in contact with someone on the road. They said that as soon as they know a press release will be sent out but they said that I could phone back later, so I will in a few hours. I'll keep you updated.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Deftones82

Keep Us Posted, I Turned Up At Bristol Last Night To Find Out It Was Cancelled.
Am Going To Portsmouth Tonight.....Fingers Crossed Its On. Dont Want To Turn Up And Find Out Its Cancelled After Driving For Over 3 Hours !
My knife - its sharp and chrome
Come see inside my bones

vadimo

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Mar 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
I just spoke to someone at LiveNation who told me as far as they know the rest of the tour will be going ahead but the band need to see a doctor first. I did ask who was ill and what was wrong and they didn't know as they are trying to get in contact with someone on the road. They said that as soon as they know a press release will be sent out but they said that I could phone back later, so I will in a few hours. I'll keep you updated.

thanks mate!

pissedandpierced

No worries, I'm gonna phone back after two so I will update then.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

pissedandpierced

I just checked TotalRock.com and saw this:

Deftones were forced to postpone their show in Bristol on March 18, because frontman Chino Moreno was ill. No news yet on when this is to be re-scheduled.

That boy had better get some antibiotics down his throat.

I'll let you all know when I have spoken to LiveNation again.

pissedandpierced

I have just spoken to Live Nation and they told me that they will be continuing with the rest of the tour and everything is gonna be ok.

I will probably be arriving at Brixton about 6pm so if anyone wants to meet up for a smoke before and/or during the show then let me know.

Deftones82

Looks Like Portsmouth Is Off

"Monday 19 March
Deftones - THIS CONCERT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
THIS CONCERT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
WE WILL NOTIFY ALL TICKET HOLDERS IF ANOTHER DATE WILL BE SCHEDULED "

http://www.portsmouthguildhall.co.uk/

BUGGER !!!!!!!
My knife - its sharp and chrome
Come see inside my bones

pissedandpierced

I phoned Live Nation again and they said that they still don't know even though someone told me earlier that the tour is still going ahead. I just phoned Brixton Academy and they said that they are still waiting for confirmation and it will be posted on their website as soon as they know.

vadimo

pissedandpierced

Brixton has been cancelled and re-scheduled for 14th april.

vadimo

yeah my mate just told me: "yap, just called ticketmaster...it has been postponed...damn it! i really wanted to see them!"

Thank god i work for my dad and have no any other major commitments in life hah its good to be young!

Wohh at least we have the date now!

stu_101

On a plus side - The bristol show is now reschedulled for the 16th April!!!!!!!!!

Ticket master just rang and told me!

I was meant to see ill nino in cardiff that day but fuck that... Deftones any day of the week!

vadimo

hah ticketmaster didn't call me ^

so whats gonna happen? do we just use curret brixton tickets? ot they will re-send to us with new date on them?

Never experienced show been cancelled so i'm a virgin @ this subject, lol

Moz La Punk

Hoooo shit I hope they'll be in Tilburg this Sunday though.

Starz

Aye, just got an e-mail from Ticketweb saying the Brixton gig has been postponed and rescheduled for 14th April... Fuck, I had my whole day planned around tomorrow, booked the day off work for it too. Oh well, bring on 14th April I gues...

Bergerac

Hmm, well I don't know if you read it in the UK Tour thread, but when I saw them at Newcastle on the 13th, Chino seemed to be getting pissed at not being able to hit notes. Like depressed-pissed off. After the first chorus of Passenger, he slammed the mic down and was rubbing his throat/chest. The band had to play through the song (in a very heavy, cool way) until Chino came back in with the breakdown before the end. As crappy as it was, it was actually really fucking cool to hear Passenger like that... but anyway, he probably has a touch of laryngitis of bronchitis or some shit.

He did the rest of the set pretty much ok though, 'cept for the high notes in Kim.

jbmp1390

At least Chino may finally be working on getting his voice back up to par.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

vadimo

""Deftones stated: "We're really sorry to have to postpone these shows at such short notice, but Chino really needs to rest his voice in order to recover and to avoid any long-term damage. We're all as disappointed to reschedule these shows as our fans will be, but we're looking forward to making it up to all of you when we return in April."""

ummm i like that bolded part, i can smell something special!

pissedandpierced

Quote from: vadimo on Mar 19, 2007, 10:42 PM
but we're looking forward to making it up to all of you when we return in April."""

ummm i like that bolded part, i can smell something special!

Maybe they're all gonna get naked on stage.

At the Norwich show, Chino didn't seem all that happy, even though they put on a mind blowing performance it was kinda like he didn't want to be there. When we was outside he came past just said hello and kinda ran off like a naughty school boy.