Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight

Started by ben, Mar 20, 2007, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Don't know if anyone has made a thread to devoted this, but i searched and nothing came up.  Anyway this movie is going to be amazing for the following reasons:

1.The Joker is based off the version in the first two appearances he made in the comics and The Killing Game, which potray him as a vicious sociopathic serial killer with a blood lust and who used to be an ordinary normal guy who just went a little insane because of some bad events in his life (kind of like bruce wayne, except he went off the other way).

2.Katie Holmes is not going to be in it.  The Rachel Dawes charecter is now handed down to Maggie Gylenhaal.  Thank god.

3.Morgan Freeman's Fox charecter will have a larger role.

4.This movie will focus on Bruce Wayne's mental unstability as he realizes Batman has created a few new problems for Gotham.

5.Aaron Eckhart is playing Harvey Dent/Two Face

6.Michael Caine is back, and he kicks ass.

7.Boss Maroni, the man who created Two Face, will be in it.  He is rumored to either be played by Alan Dale or James Galdofini (of Sopranos fame)

8.The Scarecrow may or may not return, but if he does, cillian murphy is on standby.

9. I think Heath Ledger has what it takes to have a completely different role than most of his subdued, quiet roles.

Saturday Night Whiskey777

I fucked you on a chair with 3 legs.

a"needle in a haystack"

Forever on, together we won.

ben

unfamed

I just checked that out on IMDb and I am stoked.
never odd or even

theis

all i know is that this movie will rock my socks off.

can't wait !

one weak

booo

i'll stick with the tim burton one's for my batman fix. no one beats jack nicholson or michael keaton in my book.

i like christian bale, even as batman, but i guess i'm nostalgic in that sense. but, heath ledger as the joker...pfffft.

defskull

I'm looking forward to Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two Face

ben

The problem with Tim Burton's original batman is that it had no plot...whatsoever.  The storytelling was ghastly.  Everything else was dead on though.

I thought "Returns" was much better because atleast he was trying to like...create his own little fucked up message.

defskull

theis

I want to see this movie. I can't wait till next year...damn :(

Same goes with Sin City 2.

Malpractice

Quote from: ben on Mar 20, 2007, 11:31 PM
1.The Joker is based off the version in the first two appearances he made in the comics and The Killing Game, which potray him as a vicious sociopathic serial killer with a blood lust and who used to be an ordinary normal guy who just went a little insane because of some bad events in his life (kind of like bruce wayne, except he went off the other way).
i believe you mean 'The Killing Joke'. That story is not to be read literally though in terms of the origin. Nolan is also drawing inspiration from Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams "The Joker's Five Way Revenge" as well as "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory" in terms of the story and obviously to some extent "Dark Knight Returns"

Quote from: ben on Mar 20, 2007, 11:31 PM
7.Boss Maroni, the man who created Two Face, will be in it.  He is rumored to either be played by Alan Dale or James Galdofini (of Sopranos fame)
he's not being played by either, actually Eric Roberts nabbed the role. dosen't exactly sound like the best choice but he's been killin' it on 'Heroes' lately and he has churned out some great performances in his carreer so he should be fine

law

This is going to be cool, I like the way how it will resemble the comics more. Nolan has done a great job so far.

theis

Scarecrow will also be in this movie!

He will not get as much screentime as in "Begins", but it's still pretty awesome that he's in it.

ben

where did you hear that Scarecrow would be in it?

theis

From an, apparently, reliable source on Bloody-Disgusting.com.

This is what it said:

"I'd say the Scarecrow's screen time is a little less than in Begins, although it will be more dramatic. Ever wanted to see the Joker through the eyes of someone under the influence of fear gas? The way the script reads, this scene will be incredibly fucked up. It's the scene I'm most looking forward to watching in the cinema"

defskull

The new site is up. They're such teases at Warner Bros

law

defskull

theis

defskull

I do believe that this movie is going to totally own up on Batman Begins.