Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight

Started by ben, Mar 20, 2007, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainnyx4

Quote from: defskull on May 18, 2007, 05:43 PM
I do believe that this movie is going to totally own up on Batman Begins.

Seems pretty difficult to do considering how awesome the first one was.  But according to most fans and critics, comic book movie franchises tend to peak with the second film.

defskull

Two Face is probably my favorite Batman, if not overall comic book villain.  So seeing the beginning of him will be great. 

rainnyx4

Quote from: defskull on May 18, 2007, 10:23 PM
Two Face is probably my favorite Batman, if not overall comic book villain.  So seeing the beginning of him will be great. 

Everybody always rags on him but I always loved Scarecrow so it'd be great to see more of him.  Actually now that I think of it, Batman pretty much had all awesome villains.  Batman>>>>>>>Superman

theis

You didn't like Begins?

ToneDef

Quote from: one weak on Mar 20, 2007, 10:41 PM
booo

i'll stick with the tim burton one's for my batman fix. no one beats jack nicholson or michael keaton in my book.

i like christian bale, even as batman, but i guess i'm nostalgic in that sense. but, heath ledger as the joker...pfffft.

I'm kinda with you on that. Batman was one of the films of my childhood. It holds so many memories and is still a great fucking film. Returns also. Keaton is Batman.

However, I was impressed with Batman Begins and Bale did a great job as I expected he would. I like Nolans vision of the batman world, but nobody will do Batman like Tim Burton did IMO.

defskull

Quote from: theis on May 18, 2007, 10:50 PM
You didn't like Begins?

If you're talking to me, I loved it but I still think this one will better. 

theis

That would indeed be awesome.

I have high hopes for this movie. I have trust in Nolan. He's a fantastic director and none of his movies have let me down yet.

ben

theis

defskull

is that real?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I went to the site. So awesome.

law

QuoteI do believe that this movie is going to totally own up on Batman Begins.

I hope it does, but that is fighting talk mate. What gives you that vibe?

BB for me was one of the best films I have seen in recent years. Seeing it at the cinema was fucking mindblowing; every bit of the film was spot on for me.

law

"The Dark Knight (2008)

Batman and Lt. Gordan work together to bring all the inmates and Crane back to justice. They soon find alliance with the new DA official, Harvey Dent who's Rachel Dawes' new partner. Out of all the escaped inmates, only one hasn't been captured. His name is Jack Napier, but refers to himself as the Joker. He becomes obsessed with Batman and uses his sick, twisted sense of humor to lure Batman out into the open by killing all that are close to him. Will Batman Bring him to Justice or has the Joker had the last laugh? "

Sick or what?

defskull

That is why I hope this is better. Two-Face and The Joker are just amazing villains. 

Malpractice

Quote from: Law on May 20, 2007, 09:15 PM
"The Dark Knight (2008)

Batman and Lt. Gordan work together to bring all the inmates and Crane back to justice. They soon find alliance with the new DA official, Harvey Dent who's Rachel Dawes' new partner. Out of all the escaped inmates, only one hasn't been captured. His name is Jack Napier, but refers to himself as the Joker. He becomes obsessed with Batman and uses his sick, twisted sense of humor to lure Batman out into the open by killing all that are close to him. Will Batman Bring him to Justice or has the Joker had the last laugh? "

Sick or what?

that's not an official synopsis of The Dark Knight and the Joker won't be called Jack Napier. this is the offical synopsis from the WB

"In The Dark Knight, Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker."

The Captain

Apparently Nolan is a fan of Dead Presidents

defskull

defskull

check out http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/ again. Now press ctrl+a

There is a cryptic message that says "see you in december"

theis

deafnotes

i love this movie.. this batman version is not for kids the way i see it
thers not much action in batman begins too thats why alot of people didnt like it