Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Fall of Troy

Started by marty, May 22, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty

I looked through 6 pages and couldn't find anything on these guys!??!?!?!

Someone here (can't remember who) recommended this band.

I can't get enough of them!

oldgentlovecraft

They're quite addictive.  The new album is phenomenal.  I've got all their old shit and eps and the albums.  They definitely stand out and they're touring with the 'tones, can't be it.

defskull

marty

Quote from: defskull on May 23, 2007, 02:20 AM
Use the search
Use me!

After 6 pages, I thought screw it, I'll just let someone else prove me wrong.

Well done, camp leader

defskull

yoda on mars

back to the topic.

I think new album is not something special. DOPELLGANGER and S/T are fuckin; awesome. GHOSTSHIP EP is a pure sweetness!

ToneDef

What do they sound like?

yoda on mars

Like the universe! Lots of solos and heavy stuff. If you haven't heard them beginning with DOPPELGANGER, then SELF TITLED then GHOSTSHIP and the last MANIPULATOR.

oldgentlovecraft

I'm not disappointed by anything they've put out.  I fucking love the new album just as much as Doppleganger or their other eps and early stuff. 

samson simpson

ToneDef

So it's metal, right? I'll check them out at some point for sure but I kinda lost interest in heavy music a while ago. I guess Deftones are the only remotely heavy band I have in regular rotation. The last Machine Head album impressed me too.

Black Elvis

Quote from: ToneDef on May 25, 2007, 06:07 AM
So it's metal, right? I'll check them out at some point for sure but I kinda lost interest in heavy music a while ago. I guess Deftones are the only remotely heavy band I have in regular rotation. The last Machine Head album impressed me too.

yeah me too, deftones is the only heavy record with bad brains and faith no more, everything else is nothing heavy.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

Glenn

they don't sound like metal

blairkillsclothing

I love the fall of troy.
I own all their stuff except the song the adventures of allan gordon of their self titled so please can someone put it up on megaupload PLEASE
It would make me so happy.
I have searched everywhere on here but I cant find it.
please help me out.
thank you.

yoda on mars

Quote from: Glenn on May 25, 2007, 08:41 AM
they don't sound like metal

maybe, but they're still good.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

1 of the worst shits I had to listen before deftones' concert last week here in L.A
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I saw them sunday night. They were alright, the guitar riffs were pretty much badass...but as soon as that dude opened his fucking face, I hated them.

He's so...wannabe emo.

Nailec

they dont even want to be emo

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

My bad, wannabe metal.

They ARE emo.

marty

Quote from: You Fail Me on Jul 11, 2007, 11:22 PM
They ARE emo.
They are one of the few bands that I think are really beyond basic labels. They're just good music that challenge the brain.