Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Fall of Troy

Started by marty, May 22, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

i think they really suck.

who fucking has to catch his own spit to be cool, anyway?

and i had to see them four times, three as openers for deftones and once as an opener for poison the well.

and they are emo.  the only people paying attention to them during the concerts were the white boys with afros and tight jeans. and if they didn't have the afros, then they had that hair-flippy thing that my chemical romance has. 

and just to further prove my point, they have a lot of merchandise down at Hot Topic. (emo/shitty emo-metal headquarters)

jv_

deftones has alot of merchandise at hot topic, hot topic exclusive merch actually.

BLUMPKIN

i think the guitar riffs are badass and the band is genuinely talented, i enjoyed seeing them live even though their sound set up was shit. and i dont really think they are emo, mainly because i heard a lot more screaming than whining.  but they definitely have an emo fanbase.  i guess i consider them one of the better bands deftones have toured with over the past few years

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Jul 12, 2007, 09:46 PMi heard a lot more screaming than whining

Screaming is whining.

BLUMPKIN

Quote from: You Fail Me on Jul 12, 2007, 10:29 PM
Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Jul 12, 2007, 09:46 PMi heard a lot more screaming than whining

Screaming is whining.

so when chino screams he is also whining?

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

yoda on mars

I think their image is emo not their music. Altohough I like them, I think their last album sucks. I'm waiting for their stuff based on Ghostship demos.

Paint Your Lips

Get over your emo bashing.

oldgentlovecraft

Their music is ridiculously addictive and I'm a fan for life.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jul 15, 2007, 03:07 PM
Their music is ridiculously addictive.
Indeed - The catchy riffs and chorus. It's nice "happy" music, haha.

Nailec

woah i just saw them live and they did a cover of deftones`change.

defskull

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

yoda on mars

blah! fall of troy and change!? this must have sucked!

Nailec

details?

they just played and it was damn fine. at the end he screamed a bit which was not that good but its the fall of troy so...

then he said which song from which band it was (i dont got the impression that many people already know it)

after that thaty startet to play digital bath for 5 secs or so and i thought they would go on with another tones song. but then they interrupted and went on with the intro of bored but stopped that after another 5 secs.

it seemed the singer was pretty proud claiming "they are friends of us" (the deftones) or something like that.

yeah and before change they also played a new very fast song that was awesome too. its not recorded yet and i guess there was no title for it.

whole show was in berlin

An bád dubh

The Fall of Troy is in town on the 6th of this month, so in 2 days.... Umm, they're alright, I'm very impressed by some of their stuff but some just bore me. I've checked out some live stuff from Youtube, but there isn't that much good quality videos of them, if any. Are these guys good live? Will it be worth it to go see them or will I be severely disappointed? Haven't decided whether to go or not yet, it's either the concert or listening to Bonobo and eating chips for the entire evening.

wither-I

Quote from: An bád dubh on Oct 04, 2007, 03:34 PM
The Fall of Troy is in town on the 6th of this month, so in 2 days.... Umm, they're alright, I'm very impressed by some of their stuff but some just bore me. I've checked out some live stuff from Youtube, but there isn't that much good quality videos of them, if any. Are these guys good live? Will it be worth it to go see them or will I be severely disappointed? Haven't decided whether to go or not yet, it's either the concert or listening to Bonobo and eating chips for the entire evening.
when i saw them i thought they were great! the crowd was totally not into it but they acted like all their die hards were there at once, and that is pretty admirable. like someone else said, the sound setup was shit and the first nioght i saw them the bassist mic wouldnt work at all. but overall especially of Thom they put on a great show. ALOT of energy! and plus he is phenomenal on guitar, a regular old virtuoso.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Oldnewtype

I used to play the fuck out of the self-titled cd, I still don't think anything they've put out since is nearly as good. I hate the overproduced, auto-tuned sound of the "real" releases. Same thing with alot of bands, like I still listen to R. Borlax more than any other horse the band album.

I'm still extremely pissed I didn't get to catch the two shows they played back to back in N.O. with Deftones.

yoda on mars

Dopleganger is the shit. Amazing CD. The new record sucks ass.

black coffee

I'm also attending the show on the 6th of october. the daughters are opening that night, I'm excited.