Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Fall of Troy

Started by marty, May 23, 2007, 01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

that new song on myspace sounds like my chemical romance argh.

QuoteThomas Erak is such a spineless faggot that I cannot help but despise this band.

differ between artist and person and you could be happier

indychinoluv

The new album is tops. I'm really digging it. Single and Take the Clip are so cool.

they've concentrated so much more on top notch sxongwriting

raynor

Halfway through now, oh my, the new album is horrible. I can't stand Thomas singing at all!

_Fireal_

I'm loving the new album.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

indychinoluv

The album is just getting better and better with every listen.

It is fast turning into my favourite Fall of Troy Album

mr.sinister

I heard this album was very very disappointing.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 25, 2009, 01:38 AMdiffer between artist and person and you could be happier
Well said.

indychinoluv

Quote from: mr.sinister on Oct 07, 2009, 08:43 AM
I heard this album was very very disappointing.
Each to their own, bro. But I found the album amazing. The songs are alot more structured (IMO) and I think Thomas' vocals and lyrics are great.

Give it a chance! I always find an album is going to be good when it takes a few listens to find the grooves.

_Fireal_

"Panic Attack!"
"Straight-Jacket Keelhauled"
"Battleship Graveyard"
"Dirty Pillow Talk"

Are my personal favorites.  man the hook on pillow talk is so good.

I'm sure it will be like POTH, and it will grow on me the more I listen.

" 

Nailec

Dearest friends from all corners of the world,

I write to inform you that after nearly 9 years, 5 full-lengths, 2 bass players, hundreds of shows, and numerous other achievements and follies, Andrew, Frank, and I have decided to end our career as The Fall of Troy.

This band has been my life, my love, the air I breathe, the food I eat, and what helps me sleep (and sometimes keeps me up) at night.  I love and cherish the music we've made, the times we've had, and all the great friends we've met along the way.  Andrew, Frank, and of course Tim, will always and forever have a special place in my heart.  But it has come time for us to call it a day.  After everything's said and done, there is no drama, there is no blow out, it's simply the three members of this band are on three different paths in our lives.

I always hold true to the fact that it's better to go out in style, to ride off into the sunset, than go down in flames.  This tour coming up with Envy On The Coast and Twin Atlantic will be our last go round, and we really hope that all of you will come out and celebrate what has been so unreal and unbelievable – let's dance one last time!

We would really like to thank everyone that's ever been involved with the band, managed the band, booked a show for us, let us eat your canned food, sleep on your floor, asked us for a picture, caught me when I've almost been dropped, put out a record for us, driven us through a late night drive thru, or anything else any of you could possibly look back on and enjoy what this band was...Fun.

So make sure you come out to "The Marked-Men of 2010 Tour" as it will be our last hurrah! We love you, and will be giving as much love as you've given to us at these shows. So that's that! We love you with all our hearts, thank you from the very bottom of them, and goodbye comrades.

R.I.P.
TFOT
2002-2010

With A Heavy Heart,
Thomas Joseph Erak

PS. I have no intention to stop making music! Quite the opposite actually – but until then see you at the shows!

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Nailec

dont be hatin guys.

id say its good they disbanded. last record was pretty meh but far better than most music these days. so for me they disbande before they start sucking hard. not after they started to be bad.

_Fireal_

I'm just glad they ended before they could release another pop album.

Completely different band.

" 

E-Money

I saw them open for the deftones a couple times in 07.  Terrible opening act for the deftones.  The singer/guitarist was very talented but they didn't need to be touring with the deftones.  Styles of music just didn't go together. 

oldgentlovecraft

I think they ended just before it got too ugly. Their last effort was good, but they were trying to hard to push that "progressive" envelope. Tons of talent with a definite lack of direction.

glassdomino

Doppelganger is one of my favorite albums of all time, but everything else they've put out makes me cringe. 

An bád dubh

I absolutely LOVE the new album!

Am I the only one here or what?

_Fireal_

" 

An bád dubh

Quote from: _Fireal_ on Mar 21, 2010, 08:10 AM
Quote from: An bád dubh on Mar 16, 2010, 11:21 AM

Am I the only one here or what?

Yep.

:P
Haha, cool ;)

I dont know man, at first I thought it was nowhere near their earlier releases but for some reason now I just adore it.

Im probably losing my touch, you guys gotta help if thats the case, if Im promoting My Chemical Romance or something similar tomorrow, please just ask Nuno to delete my account okay.