Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New album

Started by Jerry_Curls, May 27, 2007, 04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollerDerby

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 15, 2012, 04:11 AM
i think its just progress and growth on Chino's part, he's learned new ways to write and has developed HIS own way of making music aside from all the deftones stuff he's done, in the early years he was more or less sequestered away in the "deftones area", but now as technology and and stuff has advanced (not mention getting older and garnering wisdom)he can do more of what he likes musicly; and though they seems to be two different styles TS and crosses are in fact both part of Chino's signature style of musical genius-just and two different points in time.

well said.
"Carve your niche."

blondie

team sleep has adorable little tracks you can fall in love with.

crosses sounds like polished mainstream crap that could easily fit into the soundtrack of a twilight movie.

pony_01

something is missing in crosses, i dont know what it is but they're dope too. And team sleep, their selftitled, i dont really loves it because of rob crowe, the guest singer who sing on entire song, even two songs or more, i dont like him. i just want chino's part more. but for the demos, its pure gold. mercedes, tdck, 27058, shanghai, jk, solid gold, formant, biionca, tennisface and everything, is fucking amazing, best music to get high

bewareofrats

I agree about Rob Crowe.  I'm not a big fan of his voice or style, or something.  And I think the production should be different/better for Crosses.  That's something that takes it down a bit for me I think but I really like some of the 2 EPs.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

blondie

robert crow is just wonderful.

Penicks

i think he sounds like a huge faggot

no offense

blondie

Quote from: Penicks on Sep 16, 2012, 11:15 AM
i think he sounds like a huge faggot

no offense

no offense taken from bigot homophobes.

RollerDerby

I like Rob Crow. Scarf Bitch is one of my favorite tracks.
"Carve your niche."

Gee

Our ride to the rectory. Enough said.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

bewareofrats

Ever Since WWI.  No Rob Crowe, probably best song on debut.  Nuff said.

x Rx King x

Quote from: pony_01 on Sep 15, 2012, 11:08 PM
something is missing in crosses, i dont know what it is but they're dope too. And team sleep, their selftitled, i dont really loves it because of rob crowe, the guest singer who sing on entire song, even two songs or more, i dont like him. i just want chino's part more. but for the demos, its pure gold. mercedes, tdck, 27058, shanghai, jk, solid gold, formant, biionca, tennisface and everything, is fucking amazing, best music to get high

where does one retrieve said demos???

RollerDerby

Quote from: x Rx King x on Sep 18, 2012, 11:19 PM
Quote from: pony_01 on Sep 15, 2012, 11:08 PM

where does one retrieve said demos???

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,19090.0.html
"Carve your niche."

RollerDerby

Make sure to skip any ads
"Carve your niche."

x Rx King x

You, sir, are now my new hero. My gratitude cannot be expressed into mere words. Words to describe my thanks belong to heaven. Thank you.

RollerDerby

Don't thank me, thank Vesanic.
"Carve your niche."

x Rx King x

Quote from: RollerDerby on Sep 19, 2012, 01:48 AM
Don't thank me, thank Vesanic.

I will be sure to do just that.

grimez

I wish team sleep album had measured up to those demos. could never put my finger on waht i didnt like about the album, i mean its nice enough. Just something missing, crosses on the other hand i enjoy a lot but still doesnt have the addictive quality of the best deftones material.

therealdaebat

Quote from: grimez on Sep 19, 2012, 02:59 PM
I wish team sleep album had measured up to those demos. could never put my finger on waht i didnt like about the album, i mean its nice enough. Just something missing, crosses on the other hand i enjoy a lot but still doesnt have the addictive quality of the best deftones material.

Those demos are priceless.  I completely agree that the album ended up being meh compared to the material we heard that leaked.  Makes me wonder how much of the deftones stuff is really bad ass in demo form but comes across as over produced or too thought out on the record.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Change_Lestat

Well, the "Unmastered" CD from Team Sleep was good, i wish that Ice Ache, Acoustic One, Kool Aid Party and Death By Plane made it to the selftitled... They were such good and atmospheric songs.

From their new demos (Tenisface, Formant, Liberace and others), i hope that they use some songs... Like Tennisface, it's so "retro" for me, like when i was younger and i  ran to my house only to play Super Mario or old games from SNES (i think that it's because of the piano)
"I put my life on the line for you... So why did you say goodbye to me?"  The Wretched - Attack! Attack!

bewareofrats

Probably the best Team Sleep song, instrumentally:

Team Sleep - Formant