Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Queens Of The Stone Age

Started by White Wrist, May 28, 2007, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godin

Dream line up would be achieved if Nick O. came back. Don't think that will happen quite yet, although I've heard that him and Josh Homme are on (somewhat) good terms again.
Dingus.

rxjustine

I'm not surprised given that the Foo Fighters are on hiatus now. I'm always happy to see that man behind a kit. Still curious as to why Joey left but not digging up much on that at the moment.

Quote from: godin on Nov 20, 2012, 05:56 AM
Dream line up would be achieved if Nick O. came back. Don't think that will happen quite yet, although I've heard that him and Josh Homme are on (somewhat) good terms again.

For real? I thought the whole Kyuss Lives! spat had them at odds again.

And personally, I'd like to see more contributions from Mark Lanegan to soothe my soul.

Livewire

Quote from: godin on Nov 20, 2012, 05:56 AM

Wish granted.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/troubled-former-queens-of-the-stone-age-bassist-to,89266/

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Just watched it, how unexpected was that. I wouldn't have guessed Elton John as a collaborator on the album if you gave me 10 000 tries.

bright lights, big city

The fact that supposedly it won't be a ballad just has me crazy excited at what it could possibly sound like.

Hopefully it's more Chino/Isis than Lou Reed/Metallica.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

haha definitely. I'm hoping he'll rock the piano and not just do vocals.

I have so high hopes for this album dude, it's crazy.

rxjustine

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 07, 2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/02/qotsa-elton-john-chelsea-lately/

The first sentence pretty much sums it up. I'm trying not to hype it up too much so I won't end up disappointed, as I was with Them Crooked Vultures. But the more I find out, the harder that gets:

http://www.antiquiet.com/studio-reports/2013/01/qotsa-message-uncut-magazine/

Crazylegs

Fuck i love these guys. I've been listening a lot to Era Vulgaris lately. This track is so good:

Queens Of The Stone Age - Suture Up Your Future (with lyrics) - HD

godin

yeah, suture up your future is one of the better ones. I still think Era Vulgaris is their worst album. But its still a good album. QOTSA just have a really good discography

Also, I am getting to see them for the 3rd time this summer. :)
They are headlining Squamish Festival
Dingus.

deftones47

I too love Suture Up Your Future. It's such a great song! I even made an AMV for it.

inb4 no one cares.

theis

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

DERP

Crazylegs

By the way
Quote from: play on Mar 31, 2013, 09:21 PM
Im so stoked John Theodore is playing for them.

deftones47

That song is awesomeness all over!

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Crazylegs

if the rest of the album is anything close to this we're in for a treat. Love it!

BallZDeeP