Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

To all of the Americans on the board

Started by Variable, Jul 04, 2007, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

@ emma and variable: u both got different definitions of "pride" and that is y your discussion doesnt make sense.

if you discuss any topic make sure u use the same words with the same meaning.

i think emma is using the right one so you cant be proud of what others did per definitionem.

variable you talked about the feeling that was in america after 911. but creating a stronger group by helping each other etc. does not have to be good. because at the same time you identified yourself with the american group u just out-border others from this group and devlop possibilities to harm then.

then: hitler and goebbels both weren great speakers. in contrary their speeches were just rat fucking dumb as you would recognize if you read them. just the use of words, the lies and the fact they often enough talked in front of guests that were invited to the speeches and didnt need to be convinced of anything since they already have been nazis.

rxqueen

Quote from: Nailec on Jul 07, 2007, 07:10 PM
then: hitler and goebbels both weren great speakers. in contrary their speeches were just rat fucking dumb as you would recognize if you read them. just the use of words, the lies and the fact they often enough talked in front of guests that were invited to the speeches and didnt need to be convinced of anything since they already have been nazis.

Righto! Dankeschön. And they were more loud than clever speaking.

Subliminal

lmfao alvarezbassist17

You're such an idiot man, Don't believe everything you read, It'll turn you blind.

I'm just winding you all up, because i already know America takes huge offence about anyone outside of their stupid fuckin' country taking the mick out of them, Since they believe that they're SOOO special.

Every American i've met in the flesh has been awesome, Just like every Polish, Australian, South African, French, Canadian etc.

It's the select few, Like Kelly that drive me up the wall, Because she really believes America is the greatest country on Earth, When clearly in terms of its values, It is the total opposite.

No country, Nation or whatever is the 'greatest' We're all fuckin' human and happen to live on the same planet.

Hell i am really tempted to get my camera and go around asking loads of random people in London and North of England stupid, common fuckin' questions.. just to show you people aren't as stupid here.

Mazzy

Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 07, 2007, 07:22 PM

I'm just winding you all up, because i already know America takes huge offence about anyone outside of their stupid fuckin' country taking the mick out of them, Since they believe that they're SOOO special.

Every American i've met in the flesh has been awesome, Just like every Polish, Australian, South African, French, Canadian etc.

It's the select few, Like Kelly that drive me up the wall, Because she really believes America is the greatest country on Earth, When clearly in terms of its values, It is the total opposite.

No country, Nation or whatever is the 'greatest' We're all fuckin' human and happen to live on the same planet.

Hell i am really tempted to get my camera and go around asking loads of random people in London and North of England stupid, common fuckin' questions.. just to show you people aren't as stupid here.

i agree with all you said, liam. my cousins in california raised this argument with me about america being the greatest country in the world and it was only when i disagreed that they completely attacked me. they kept talking about america having the best education system and it being the best country because they have democracy, freedom of speech, the best standard of living etc. they started to get so defensive when i started disputing that. then they started the australia bashing, which annoyed me because i hadn't even mentioned australia. i disagreed of course because i don't believe that a best country exists. everything they were saying had this undertone to it. and they're so fucking educated. that's what shit me so bad. i thought they'd know better.

oh, and they got so pissed when i said that canada seemed nicer than america, which made them start insulting canadians and calling them stupid. obviously, i did not get along with my cousins in california. i had never had a more depressing two weeks in my life than i did there. once i left california i started appreciating it a lot more.

Subliminal

Quote from: Mazzy on Jul 07, 2007, 09:12 PM

i agree with all you said, liam. my cousins in california raised this argument with me about america being the greatest country in the world and it was only when i disagreed that they completely attacked me. they kept talking about america having the best education system and it being the best country because they have democracy, freedom of speech, the best standard of living etc. they started to get so defensive when i started disputing that. then they started the australia bashing, which annoyed me because i hadn't even mentioned australia. i disagreed of course because i don't believe that a best country exists. everything they were saying had this undertone to it. and they're so fucking educated. that's what shit me so bad. i thought they'd know better.

oh, and they got so pissed when i said that canada seemed nicer than america, which made them start insulting canadians and calling them stupid. obviously, i did not get along with my cousins in california. i had never had a more depressing two weeks in my life than i did there. once i left california i started appreciating it a lot more.

Thank you Mazzy, Atleast i'm not alone on that one.

And i agree with you, Canada is a beautiful country and does seem alot nicer than America. (for the record, I have been if anyone starts mouthing off on that one)

I believe that is why Canadians get huge flak from Americans, Simply because they're jealous that Canada really does have better standards and aren't brainwashed by all this patriotic babble.

theis

i love america and i can't wait to study there in a couple of years.

i won't judge an entire country, just because i don't agree with their government and politics.

americans are the nicest people i've ever met. danish people are so fucking rude and judgemental.

devilinside

lmfao alvarezbassist17

You're such an idiot man, Don't believe everything you read, It'll turn you blind.

Now Now Liam...I've never said America is the best country,and I don't believe it to be. But I live here,and I love it here and I just take ffense when people assuma all Americans are retards. That is all. YOu know you love me. ;)

neurotic

There are stupid and smart people in every country in the world... there's just no point in judging people based on few people whose actions you've seen. yes, i mean politicians. but we all know politicians aren't the best way of representing a country... :P
...never trust the obvious...

rxqueen

Nobody said all Americans are retarted and I guess that wasn't anybody's point here Kelly. And yeh true, we love ya.

@Theis: Really? Germany is a fucking cold country, too. That's why I can't wait to visit my homeland after such a long time. The people there are so much friendlier and just nice.

Subliminal

This is why i hate getting into a debate about it, Cause yes Kelly, I love you and i'm sure i'd love alot of Americans too.

Just the strongly patriotic ones drive me insane, kinda like JuicyFruit and her sexism bullshit and Trey with his constant 'know it all' attitude, There will always be some that piss me off.. sometimes you just can't help but throw people from a certain background, culture, country etc. into a category.

Variable

Quote from: Nailec on Jul 07, 2007, 07:10 PM
@ emma and variable: u both got different definitions of "pride" and that is y your discussion doesnt make sense.

if you discuss any topic make sure u use the same words with the same meaning.

i think emma is using the right one so you cant be proud of what others did per definitionem.

variable you talked about the feeling that was in america after 911. but creating a stronger group by helping each other etc. does not have to be good. because at the same time you identified yourself with the american group u just out-border others from this group and devlop possibilities to harm then.

ummmm maybe before you suggest to me and emma that we get our shit straight you should get yours straight.  I know exactly what I am talking about and I think emma is smart enough to figure it out too.  I do believe the word PATRIOTISM was what sparked this, not pride.

and I dont give a fuck how rat dumb Hitler's speeches were, the man was amazing.  Your ass could not do what he did.
Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 07, 2007, 09:30 PM
Quote from: Mazzy on Jul 07, 2007, 09:12 PM

Thank you Mazzy, Atleast i'm not alone on that one.

And i agree with you, Canada is a beautiful country and does seem alot nicer than America. (for the record, I have been if anyone starts mouthing off on that one)

I believe that is why Canadians get huge flak from Americans, Simply because they're jealous that Canada really does have better standards and aren't brainwashed by all this patriotic babble.
@ both of you.  The US is a pretty wonderful place to live.  And I mean all bull shit aside, as far as standard of living goes.  Right now its pretty much the gold standard.  So fuck off about Americans thinking they are the best and maybe not knowing so much about the outside world.  It comes down to necessity.  Americans have such wonderful lives in their own country that they really dont have to look out to any other countries the same as others do.  And im not saying its right.  In fact ignorance in America drives me up the wall because so many people have no idea what the fuck is going on.  But at least im not ignorant enough to hold it against them when I know they are just products of the world they live in.  you would more than likely be the same in their shoes.  And its not all americans.  Obviously, a lot of us do know.  Remember that the US is much much much larger than most of the nations you are from.  Of course we will have a few more idiots than you, but more than likely a few more brilliant people also.

and mazzy sorry that your cousins made your trip to cali so bad.  I hate the people in cali but love the state.  But I find that when it comes down to it they really have no fucking clue what they are talking about and if you are just stern enough with them they will believe whatever you tell them no matter how ridiculous it is.  So if this ever happens to you again, I would just get mad and spout out some brilliant truth and they will feel like idiots and shut up

oh and liam.  Why are americans the devils people for thinking they are better than other countries but you can straight up say canada is better and its no big deal? 

and I still cant believe you dont see how big of an idiot you are for buying into that video and thinking you could "prove people aren't dumb" where you are from by doing the same thing.  that guy probably spend a whole week just finding those people.  and that was the end results of edits after edits and misquotes and all kinds of stupid shit just to get a laugh.  Jay Leno does it all the time.  You are so stupid for thinking its real.

Quote from: rxqueen on Jul 07, 2007, 09:59 PM
Nobody said all Americans are retarted and I guess that wasn't anybody's point here Kelly

wrong.  liam has said that in so many words a couple times.  Like that you would have to go to a playground and interview 12 year olds to get the same results in the UK that you would get in the US.  Or that he wants to hit the streets he is from to prove the people there are smarter.  Come on now emma be fair and give it to people from both sides.
Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 07, 2007, 10:11 PM
This is why i hate getting into a debate about it, Cause yes Kelly, I love you and i'm sure i'd love alot of Americans too.

Just the strongly patriotic ones drive me insane, kinda like JuicyFruit and her sexism bullshit and Trey with his constant 'know it all' attitude, There will always be some that piss me off.. sometimes you just can't help but throw people from a certain background, culture, country etc. into a category.
you get so mad because you usually have no fucking idea what you are talking about.  You just hopped on some stupid fad and roll with it.  Then when someone can sit in front of you and lay out and intelligent argument for why you are an idiot you don't like it and have to throw us into a category for why we suck.  Not to mention you are one of the worse people I have ever seen at separating a joke from seriousness.

Oh, and I do know it all, get over it.

alvarezbassist17

then what the fuck gives you license to say that america as a whole is egoistic and a shitty country?  does everyone in british popular culture and government reflect the general public completely?  no, it doesn't anywhere.  that's just what you see, what you can judge by.  that and it's a pretty easy bandwagon to jump onto.  find something better to be pissed off at, maybe something in YOUR country that's wrong. 

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Liam, I think you sound more like an idiot than 95% of the americans on this forum alone.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

Subliminal

Here we go again Josh, Don't fall off the bandwagon now eh ;)

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 08, 2007, 07:16 AM

then what the fuck gives you license to say that america as a whole is egoistic and a shitty country?  does everyone in british popular culture and government reflect the general public completely?  no, it doesn't anywhere.  that's just what you see, what you can judge by.  that and it's a pretty easy bandwagon to jump onto.  find something better to be pissed off at, maybe something in YOUR country that's wrong. 

Infact, this is the first time i've ever spouted off about America, It's not something i think about daily, It's just what i think mate. Sure not everyone reflects their Government bla bla bla, Well no shit dumbass why do you think there is tons of Americans on here who are just as cool as the people i know over here? and all these bands i'm into, share the same views on America?

If you don't like what i say, Go fuck yourself or don't bother reading, Truly.

You're already making yourself out to be the typical American stereotype.

penny

i am the smartest american on this board. i will nuke you. don't fuck with me.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 08, 2007, 08:08 AM
Here we go again Josh, Don't fall off the bandwagon now eh ;)

I'm just gonna ignore the rest of that nonsense you posted and say, "You're one to talk"

Nailec

Quotethe man was amazing

prove this thesis please

what he achieved in economy is a result of producing weapons in order to take over the world. there is nothing amazing in it. it could be done at any time to decrease unemployment but nobody is as evil as hitler was and would do it. plus several alliances would forbid the increase of military.

the way of how he convinced the people for his movement. well i guess psychology can explain. to a smaller extent we got the same problem in germany right now. great frustration -> people ellect right wing and left wing parties...

imho there is nothing special about him.

probablly as a soldier you just see his military achievements?

devilinside

Infact, this is the first time i've ever spouted off about America, It's not something i think about daily, It's just what i think mate.

Come on now Liam! ;)

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php?topic=6443.msg442095#msg442095

And you spouted on MSN that one time.  :-*

alvarezbassist17

Infact, this is the first time i've ever spouted off about America,

i'm glad devilinside already called you out about that, that is the biggest bunch of bullshit i've ever read, you've got the most anti-american sentiment that i've read on the board, easily. 

You're already making yourself out to be the typical American stereotype.

i'm not really huge on the whole patriotism/flag-waving stuff either, you're just talking shit when it's clear that you don't know what the fuck you're saying. 

Sure not everyone reflects their Government bla bla bla, Well no shit dumbass why do you think there is tons of Americans on here who are just as cool as the people i know over here? and all these bands i'm into, share the same views on America?

then if you think they're cool and have met them personally, why do you go and say you hate america/americans?  i'd say that's a more firsthand experience than what you hear about in the media, i feel like that's what you should judge by, not some caricature of george bush and dick cheney taking over the world one country at a time, because that's not how americans are. 

If you don't like what i say, Go fuck yourself or don't bother reading, Truly.

i usually do, when you're talking about buttfucking and floral patterns, i don't really give a fuck, but when you're talking this much retarded shit about something that has nothing to do with you, it's hard to not find an excuse to slander your dumb ass.

Variable

ok that entire last post was great

But this
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 08, 2007, 05:09 PM
i usually do, when you're talking about buttfucking and floral patterns, i don't really give a fuck, but when you're talking this much retarded shit about something that has nothing to do with you, it's hard to not find an excuse to slander your dumb ass.
Almost killed me.  That was great