Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

To all of the Americans on the board

Started by Variable, Jul 04, 2007, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

devilinside

Variable

So I guess this would be a good thread to share this story in.

Yesterday I flew from Albuquerque to Washington DC.  There was this kid behind me, had to be about 17 or 18.  He was really loud and obnoxious.  Like he was shouting to the people next to him.  and when he would get up to piss he would pull on every seat (including my own) as hard as he could.  So it was really hard to sleep on the plane around him.  So I listened to what this guy had to say.  And I figured out that he was Canadian visiting some family that had just moved to New Mexico.  And this guy was a total idiot.  But I found one conversation of his to be really entertaining.

So he was trying to figure out what the time difference between DC and Albuquerque was.  and the person next to him told him 2 hrs.  but he could not accept this as truth because the time difference between his home in Canada and New Mexico was only 2 hours.  And his rational for this was that Canada is much further north than Washington DC so it could not possibly be the same......Yeah guess he never heard of Longitude.  Anyways the people sitting next to him tried assuring him that they were right.  But he just played them off as idiots and went on to some other moronic conversation.

Guess the US is not the only country with idiots.  Good thing we dont all judge countries by a couple people we know of from them.

law

Quote from: Variable on Jul 08, 2007, 09:55 PM

Yesterday I flew from Albuquerque to Washington DC.  There was this kid behind me, had to be about 17 or 18.  He was really loud and obnoxious.  Like he was shouting to the people next to him.  and when he would get up to piss he would pull on every seat (including my own) as hard as he could.  So it was really hard to sleep on the plane around him.  So I listened to what this guy had to say.  And I figured out that he was Canadian visiting some family that had just moved to New Mexico.  And this guy was a total idiot.  But I found one conversation of his to be really entertaining.

So he was trying to figure out what the time difference between DC and Albuquerque was.  and the person next to him told him 2 hrs.  but he could not accept this as truth because the time difference between his home in Canada and New Mexico was only 2 hours.  And his rational for this was that Canada is much further north than Washington DC so it could not possibly be the same......Yeah guess he never heard of Longitude.  Anyways the people sitting next to him tried assuring him that they were right.  But he just played them off as idiots and went on to some other moronic conversation.

Guess the US is not the only country with idiots.  Good thing we dont all judge countries by a couple people we know of from them.

Well in reality, that's pretty much how the western world views the middle east and beyond. No surprise though with all the problems that have been created there.

[Oh, and to note regarding population numbers... considering that the US has over 300,000,000... which is a lot I know, but much smaller countries like UK (60,000,000) and France have substantial populations alone: The US is practically empty compared to EU states and others]

yoda on mars

Nailec

Variable

Quote from: Law on Jul 09, 2007, 08:54 AM
Quote from: Variable on Jul 08, 2007, 09:55 PM

Well in reality, that's pretty much how the western world views the middle east and beyond. No surprise though with all the problems that have been created there.

[Oh, and to note regarding population numbers... considering that the US has over 300,000,000... which is a lot I know, but much smaller countries like UK (60,000,000) and France have substantial populations alone: The US is practically empty compared to EU states and others]
I dont see the middle east like that.  I might have used to.  But I think when it comes down to it most people just view them more as primitive than stupid.  Education would go a long long way out there.

And Seeing that the US has 5 times more population than France or the UK I would say that there is a better posibility for us to have one or two more idiots.  That was my point.  It had nothing to do with over crouding.  But the most populated country in Europe that I could find was Germany at 82,431,390.  The US is still almost 3 times larger.  But those population numbers still dont take into account all of the illegal immigrants that are in the US (as well as European countries) and I know the US has MILLIONS of illegals right now.

Subliminal

Alvarezbassist -

I find it funny how you call me an idiot and say that i don't have a clue, When you don't even read what i'm saying.
You're a complete cock, So whatever you say doesn't really mean anything to me, Neither should anything i say mean anything to you. So go wait for the new Harry Potter book and pick your nose, Since you have nothing better to do with your time.

Kelly -

What does me thinking that being Gay in England is alot easier than it is America have anything to do with me hating what America stands for? (and most of it's populations ideas of their own country)

I spouted off about America on MSN, Not Here...and it was about how Saddam didn't get a fair trial and America still stepped in and thrown their weight around like they're the rulers of Earth, Yet you defend them..

It's no wonder this world will come to an abrupt end by our own hands.

theis

you think saddam deserved a fair trial?

Subliminal

Quote from: theis on Jul 09, 2007, 03:36 PM

Ahh legit one yeah, His one was so fuckin' false it's untrue.

I don't give a shit if he was alive or not, He didn't effect my life.. i just felt kinda sick to think that the whole thing being shown on the news was a big show put on by the American government, FOR the American government and all the people praising it like it should happen.. when really, In the end they had no reason to murder him.

Like alot of others, Saddam was just another block in the way for America's quest for oil and world domination... so it figures.

theis

subliminal left.

*throws a party*

White Pwny

Quote from: yoda on mars on Jul 09, 2007, 10:17 AM
america

america

america

So apparently, there are no obese people in other countries?
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devilinside

tarkil

Quote from: devilinside on Jul 09, 2007, 05:01 PM

Now that's what I would call a perfect design for a headfuck...
High 5 for Europe...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

devilinside

Variable

Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 09, 2007, 03:40 PM
Quote from: theis on Jul 09, 2007, 03:36 PM

Ahh legit one yeah, His one was so fuckin' false it's untrue.

I don't give a shit if he was alive or not, He didn't effect my life.. i just felt kinda sick to think that the whole thing being shown on the news was a big show put on by the American government, FOR the American government and all the people praising it like it should happen.. when really, In the end they had no reason to murder him.

Like alot of others, Saddam was just another block in the way for America's quest for oil and world domination... so it figures.
lol what an idiot.  The US did not even try Saddam.  It was his own people.  The US stayed out of it so that idiots like liam could not accuse them of anything like this.  But people just see what they want to.  He was tried by his own people in the laws of his own culture.  Who the fuck is anyone to tell those people they were wrong for holding justice as is fit in their culture.

Its funny though.  People get pissed off at the US and call us world police and tell us that we should just stay out of the affairs of the rest of the world.  Then when something shitty happens or something does not go the way they want they blame the US for not doing enough.  lol fucking bandwagon hypocrites.  No wonder liam left the board.  He probably got sick of realizing how big of an idiot he is every day

Variable

oh and one other note to liam even though he probably wont read this.  Saddam did effect your life.  Your country is at war because of him.  Wether you are too stupid to realize it or not, he has effected your life.  And they did have a reason to kill him.  They killed him for his crimes against humanity.  He raped, tortured, gassed, and tried genocide in his country and bordering countries.  If you think that's good to go then you deserve to be hung with him. 

Now do I think they SHOULD have hung him?  well I am not too sure about that anymore.  But they had every reason to.  And if your entire life had been one big painful and oppressive mess because of a dictator, you just might want to kill him too.

White Pwny

Quote from: Variable on Jul 09, 2007, 06:36 PM
oh and one other note to liam even though he probably wont read this.  Saddam did effect your life.  Your country is at war because of him.  Wether you are too stupid to realize it or not, he has effected your life.  And they did have a reason to kill him.  They killed him for his crimes against humanity.  He raped, tortured, gassed, and tried genocide in his country and bordering countries.  If you think that's good to go then you deserve to be hung with him. 

Now do I think they SHOULD have hung him?  well I am not too sure about that anymore.  But they had every reason to.  And if your entire life had been one big painful and oppressive mess because of a dictator, you just might want to kill him too.

^5
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

CitizenSoul

What many people around the world, and in the States, don't realize is that the United States is like a confederation of about 6 or 7 countries and its always been like that.

I think the only reason the border states with all the illegals(South Cali, Arizona, most of Texas, etc),

...The lunatic fringe fundie south (South Carolina, Alabama, Luisiana, Florida, most of Texas, etc),

...The more enlightened north east (New York, New Hampshire, Maine, hell, even Jersey, etc),

...The places where mountain beasts lies (Montana, Utah, Idaho, etc),

And all the regions of the fuckin country won't secede from each other is because we've forgotten about the whole ideal of seceding. When we do think of it when only think of it in the context of the Civil War.

I love Lincoln for releasing the slaves but fuck, I wish the South would secede again....and float off into the sun.