Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

To all of the Americans on the board

Started by Variable, Jul 04, 2007, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WetPunaniOvenBaked

Does the difference of the color of a people still make a difference anymore? of course it does, more then ever, more subliminallly, and it's way too sad, and way to over-done, and to think peopple that sun'burn are better then people that sun-natural, is just another stereotype. but we're still more beautiful.

Variable

Quote from: theis on Jul 12, 2007, 12:04 AM
Quote from: Variable on Jul 11, 2007, 02:17 PM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 10, 2007, 10:45 PM
i define pimp.
I know exactly how you feel.  I define gayness.

we know, man. we know.
weak
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 13, 2007, 02:37 AM
Quote from: Variable on Jul 11, 2007, 02:17 PM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 10, 2007, 10:45 PM
i define pimp.
I know exactly how you feel.  I define awesome

aren't you sick of fuckin merriam webster bugging you all the time too?
im too awesome to be bugged

Variable

Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Jul 12, 2007, 10:46 PM
Quote from: devilinside on Jul 09, 2007, 09:45 PM
Nah,I think things in the south are good how they are now. Slavery was a bunch of bullshit. Lazy ass white people couldn't do their own work so they had to bring people here to do it for them,while beating,raping and killing them....fuck that.
THEN they complain there are too many black people in the US...well you can thank you lazy ass forefathers for that. I guess racism is a big thing for me, being from the south where it's really strong,I cannot stand hearing people make racist remarks about black people.

thats bullshit, im not condoning slavery by any means, people who owned, beat, raped and killed slaves were the scum of the earth by todays standards...but slavery had been going on for hundreds of years before america was founded and had been accepted all over the world as a common practice.  it doesnt make it right, but it was white people that stood up and put an end to the atrocious act that had been happening since the beginning of time.  thousands of white americans lost their lives fighting to end slavery and setting a standard of freedom for the rest of the world thus changing the course of human history. 

people of EVERY race have been enslaved at one point in human history....saying that lazy white people owned slaves is just as ignorant and racist as people making remarks about black people in the south
couple things for the both of you. 

Kelly blumpkin is right.  Slavery had been around for THOUSANDS of years before america.  It is how empires were built for the longest time.  Anyone know why the spartains could only send 300 to fight?  In real life its because their slaves out numbered them by so much that if they did not have their military in their country all the time they would not be able to control their slaves and they would be over taken.  But is anyone talking shit about the spartains and calling them the scum of the earth?  nope.  Its all relative.  And its not about white people being lazy.  There was just too much work for them to do alone and they could have either paid people, or owned slaves.  and back then it was not morally wrong to own slaves (remember you have a hind sight view on this) so they bought slaves.   It was wrong and horrible looking back.  But at the time it was just as normal and acceptable as taking your kids to day care is today.  And if your really think about it.  Slavery totally jump started americas economy and sped up the process to make america what it is today.  It was a gross infringement on the civil rights of generations of people, but it did a lot of good for america.

and blumpkin.  I know that in history classes today they try to make it seem like the civil war was all about slavery and all that.  but in reality slavery was a 2nd agenda that most people didn't even care about.  I almost find it comical to even think about someone believing that the union soldiers were fighting for the freedom of black people.  The civil war was about the succession of the souther states from the northern states and Lincoln not wanting the Union to fall apart on his watch.  Slavery was just an issue that added a bit of muscle to his platform.  Kind of like WMDs with this war.  Really, that's it.

penny

difference is, wmd's didn't exist in this war. owned.

Variable

you missed the point.  Its not that wmds did or did not exist and that slavery for sure did.  Its that they were both secondary agendas used by the presidents to get support.  Abraham Lincoln was a racist.  It is clear as day if you read his speeches on slavery.  But he ran into a problem when the south wanted to
succeed.  Technically they were legally allowed to do that.  But Abe did not want to be known as the president who let the union laps on his watch.  So he said no, even though the south was technically allowed to do what they were saying.  so one way Abe got support was raising the 2nd agenda of slavery.  Even though the real agenda was keeping the Union.

Just like Bush used WMDs as a 2nd agenda when he really wanted to go in for......well im not going there but you can fill in the blank with whatever you want.  I just really dont care to start another Iraq debate.

But yeah, that was my point that you missed.  Pwned

alvarezbassist17

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

alvarezbassist17

yeah dude, what a fucking retard.

Variable

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I could understad getting them confused once...

You suck, Trey.

marty

Variable

Quote from: You Fail Me on Jul 16, 2007, 04:14 AM
I could understad getting them confused once...

You suck, Trey.
you could understand who getting confused about what once?

and I am awesome.
Quote from: marty on Jul 16, 2007, 04:26 AM
OK. Dumb question:
Whats a WMD
Weapons of mass destruction noob.  Havnt you ever seen team america world police?  Or the news?

alvarezbassist17

team america world police is one of the funniest movies ever

"NO ME GUUUSTAAA!"

Variable

lol

I was only a young boy when the americans came in their black hawk helicopters..........................the oil fields lit up like the eyes of allah..................and if you dont believe me, then you better kill me now.  Because ill put a jihad on your ass too.

I love that part

tarkil

This movie is indeed teh awesome...

When I hanged out with the Tones in London, Abe and one of the roadie kept on repeating that "dakka dakka" stuff, it was pretty hilarious...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

tarkil

Variable

they say all kinds of stupid stuff.  I was just trying to communicate with you in durka language.

tarkil

That F.A.G stuff is priceless too... :)

tarkil

Oh, that and this too:

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!