Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

To all of the Americans on the board

Started by Variable, Jul 04, 2007, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Happy fourth Trey! I love my country...fuck what people say or think about it. If you don't or have never lived here, then I don't care to listen to your views on the US.  But you should know we are a minority on this board and will get bashed....as usual.

tarkil

I do agree with Emma, country is a fake notion, and patriotism is a shitty way to put pride in something...
There are tons of things to put pride in (even though pride can be quite a shitty feeling and can fuck so many things up), and that won't be a country.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

marty

Variable

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Jul 05, 2007, 12:40 AM
Happy fourth Trey! I love my country...fuck what people say or think about it. If you don't or have never lived here, then I don't care to listen to your views on the US.  But you should know we are a minority on this board and will get bashed....as usual.
thanks kelly.  Its people like you and I that are why this country was even able to be born in the first place.  Fuck all the stupid ignorant fuckers that forget what it takes to get where we are.  I hope their houses light on fire and they wake up right before the flames take over their bodies and they burn to death with ever arrogant forgetful breath they have.  Unappreciative fuckers

tarkil

Quote from: Variable on Jul 05, 2007, 07:19 AMIts people like you and I that are why this country was even able to be born in the first place.

BS

Variable

Right, because the united states was born by pacifist that did not give two shits about anything but themselves and though patriotism was stupid.  ::)  you're french.  Shut up.  The only thing you guys ever did right was Napoleon.  And you fucking exiled him.  Hang your head and walk away.

tarkil

Quote from: Variable on Jul 05, 2007, 07:33 AM
Right, because the united states was born by pacifist that did not give two shits about anything but themselves and though patriotism was stupid.

Do you know the meaning of obsolete ?

Variable

tarkil

I'm not talking about some hundreds of years ago when USA were founded, but about now...
That might appear as a surprise to you, but world did change slightly during that laps of time...

So you America foundation argument is completely irrelevant to our conversation...

Variable

um I was talking to kelly, and I was telling her that it was people like us that was the reason we were able to become a independent country in the first place.  And then you said BS.  So, the foundation of america seems pretty relevant to me.

law

The best thing about yesterday was that Alan Johnston was freed.

Anyway, god bless America:

Obvious opportunity I know, but we can all take a joke right?

pissedandpierced

Happy belated 4th July, hope you enjoyed your turkey.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Variable

are we supposed to eat turkey on the 4th?

BLUMPKIN

you dont have to like the american government or the choices that have been made over the past 6 years to love this country.  I fucking hate the fact that weve been at war.  regardless of how anyone feels about it, I fucking love my country.  the US is the greatest fucking country in the history of the world.  there's nothing wrong with taking pride in where you're from, where all your loved ones reside, and the place that made you everything that you are. 

I drank my beers, smoked some nugs, ate hamburgers, lit dozens of mortars, and genuinely enjoyed being alive last night.  thats what its all about.  i hope every american on this board had a badass 4th, the best holiday of the year (next to new years). 

edit: all the pwned shit is hilarious BTW

rxqueen

I wasn't talking about America. My statement was more general..

Variable

Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Jul 05, 2007, 06:23 PM
you dont have to like the american government or the choices that have been made over the past 6 years to love this country.  I fucking hate the fact that weve been at war.  regardless of how anyone feels about it, I fucking love my country.  the US is the greatest fucking country in the history of the world.  there's nothing wrong with taking pride in where you're from, where all your loved ones reside, and the place that made you everything that you are. 

I drank my beers, smoked some nugs, ate hamburgers, lit dozens of mortars, and genuinely enjoyed being alive last night.  thats what its all about.  i hope every american on this board had a badass 4th, the best holiday of the year (next to new years). 

edit: all the pwned shit is hilarious BTW
hey thanks man.  Glad you had a good 4th.

Variable

Quote from: rxqueen on Jul 05, 2007, 06:29 PM

I wasn't talking about America. My statement was more general..
yeah it is just kind of the cool thing to do amongst teens and college kids around the US to be totally against everything your country is doing and make up crazy conspiracy theories and not be thankful for anything that you have.  I think she might have been referring to that.  Im not sure though

rxqueen

I'm not trying to be oh so cool or something, there's just too much shit going on so that I could be that satisfied and thankful.

Nailec

QuoteINDIANS SAY! "I WAS PWNED BY THE AMERICANS!!!!"

what she means is probablly shit like the above sentence.

jüppi yeah genocide. everyone laugh...