Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Far - best band ever

Started by Syoaran02, Sep 04, 2007, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Mar 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
Just wanted to tell you all that a brand new Far b-side has surfaced. It's called 9 miles (from the tin cans era), features grady from will haven & can be heard in www.myspace.com/far. Check it, it's pretty tight. I know there's another b-side from the water & solutions era, but only a clip can be heard on their dvd (which I don't have, if somebody has that motherfucker on digital format would be appreciated).

i have that song somewhere on a burned cd in mp3 format along with another one. i believe its called "heather"

anyways, i have no idea where the cd is now, but i'm sure i still have it though.

Nebontha

Brand new? More like brand old LOL! Naw just kidding maybe, but I've had this song for like 1.5 years or something...I got it from Tuck's (fellow board member and Will Haven fan) Will Haven fansite.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Nebontha

Anyways, on the subject of rare Far songs...on the enhanced CD portion of the disc there's a video titled "Montage" that shows photos of the band playing live and stuff, with a looped instrumental song playing in the background.  I was wondering if someone could extract/rip the audio from it and turn it into mp3 fomat?  I know it's an odd-assed request and I hope I'm not asking for too much... but it would be much appreciated  :D
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Nebontha

Yo can that last request for now... I'd rather have the limited edition 10 track version of Quick...PLEASE this is so rare you can't even buy it...only 500 copies went out so... if someone could upload those I'd be a happy camper  :D lol
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Deftones-argentina

I have the instrumental, it's called bingo and I'll upload it tonight. Nebontha. do you have the water & solutions dvd? i'd like to get a hold of a dvd rip.

Nebontha

Yeah I have the CD/DVD.  Got it for Christmas a few years back, best Christmas present I ever got...
As to a DVD rip, I have no idea how to do such things...oh  wait I just remembered there's a DVD player in this computer now...LOL
I'll see what I can do...no guarantees tho...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Deftones-argentina

Nebontha

Yo fuck me some of the vids on the DVD are like a gigabyte in size...Even if I can properly put them on my comp, there's very little chance of me being able to even upload them properly...and on a holiday weekend in a house where 2 other kids use the computer, and the computer's set so we're only able to be on it for 5 hours or less per day...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Nebontha on Mar 21, 2008, 01:37 PM
Yo fuck me some of the vids on the DVD are like a gigabyte in size...Even if I can properly put them on my comp, there's very little chance of me being able to even upload them properly...and on a holiday weekend in a house where 2 other kids use the computer, and the computer's set so we're only able to be on it for 5 hours or less per day...

no problem man, thanks anyway.

lostpilot

Yeah. I am raising this thread from the dead just to expose my all time long live for Water and Solutions.

Bury White and Really Here and basically the whole album is so amazingly good.
I mean, it hits me down to the bottom of my heart with inspiration and this STRENGTH that I can't describe. Truly inspirational, and even surprisingly mature. I mean.. yeah.

Frequency_Chemist

I won't lie I have all their albums and i'm a fan, but they're my not my absolute favorite band. As far as Water & Solutions goes Far influenced a lot of bands with that album. I completely botched this post lol.

lostpilot

Water and Solutions is the only album I have by them. Checked others, wasn't satisfied. This does not make WaS seem at least a little worse:)

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 15, 2011, 11:16 PM
Water and Solutions is the only album I have by them. Checked others, wasn't satisfied. This does not make WaS seem at least a little worse:)

I know what you mean. They're earlier stuff is a lot different. Like I meant to say earlier...definitely not my favorite band, but they have some good material.

theis

The title of this thread still makes me laugh.

OP needs to listen to more music.

from_musings

the probability that some people have far as their favorite band is pretty big.personally I'd probably laugh if the case were that nobody in the world had them as favorite band, THAT would be funny

sing blue silver

i've literally never even listened to far... maybe i should.

from_musings

they got a couple of nice tunes... another way out, job's eyes, all go down are songs that's easy on the ear i think

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 15, 2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah. I am raising this thread from the dead just to expose my all time long live for Water and Solutions.

Bury White and Really Here and basically the whole album is so amazingly good.
I mean, it hits me down to the bottom of my heart with inspiration and this STRENGTH that I can't describe. Truly inspirational, and even surprisingly mature. I mean.. yeah.
Those two and Another Way out are the way to go, definetively.

ALightOn

What I ve Wanted To Say

Sushi-X

Oh man! I had water and solutions and I didn't really fully enjoy it. It wasn't until I heard "job's eyes" on Buffy that I took interest. "Tin Cans with Strings to you" is fucking genius! And lately I've been listening to Water & Solutions and At Night We Live on repeat.

Rocket Skates '94