Started by goldpony, Oct 04, 2007, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battle-Axe

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 16, 2008, 01:14 AM
Meshuggah
Dillinger escape plan
between teh buried and me

:)

Sweeeet, did Meshuggah play Combustion? That's the one I hope most they play off obZen when I see them in September :D

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jul 16, 2008, 01:44 AM
Meshuggah
Dillinger escape plan

Sweeeet, did Meshuggah play Combustion? That's the one I hope most they play off obZen when I see them in September :D

they did at one of the shows I went to. went to 2 shows of the same tour. amazing line up! loved it!!!
YOU! Cake or DEATH??? - Eddie Izzard

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Machine Head on Mayhem tour
I just got back and even tough it was 45 minutes it was fucking awesome !!!! :D
we left before that dreadful shit of slipknot gets on the stage.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Jul 16, 2008, 07:58 AM

ha I was supposed to be on that tour doing merch for the red chord, but then tehir old merch guy decided to do one last tour and I decided to start school... a friend of mine is on it doing lights for someone on the main stage though... forgot who. mastodon I think...

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 17, 2008, 07:41 AM

ha I was supposed to be on that tour doing merch for the red chord, but then tehir old merch guy decided to do one last tour and I decided to start school... a friend of mine is on it doing lights for someone on the main stage though... forgot who. mastodon I think...

Lucky your friend !!! It was an awesome concert even tough I've never hear Dragonforce live (which was great).
Mastodon and Machine Head killed it!!! The rest I could care less about the last 2 worthless bands LOL !!!!
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Jul 17, 2008, 08:23 AM

Lucky your friend !!! It was an awesome concert even tough I've never hear Dragonforce live (which was great).

Mastodon and Machine Head killed it!!! The rest I could care less about the last 2 worthless bands LOL !!!!

ha well, my friends isnt into any of teh bands too much, so he doesnt care much. hes just doing hisjob. lol

shoulda watched THE RED CHORD. very awesome band.

who were the last 2 bands???

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 17, 2008, 08:50 AM

ha well, my friends isnt into any of teh bands too much, so he doesnt care much. hes just doing hisjob. lol

Disturbed and Shitknot

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Jul 17, 2008, 09:04 AM
Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 17, 2008, 08:50 AM

Disturbed and Shitknot

I liked old disturbed, like mid late 90's stuff. don't care for their newer stuff. and i like slipknot. not a "magot" but i hung out iwth them a few times and tehir nice guys. admire their marketing strategies and looooove corey's voice!!!

Jaquil

Bouncing Souls, From First to Last, and Pennywise at Warped Tour.

Paint the lines on perfect eyes that circle the object of my sincere affection, my undivided attention.

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Jaquil on Jul 19, 2008, 10:01 PM

from first to last need to find a new singer. I saw them a while ago in chicago when I went to some hwo at the house of blues. I just went cuz my friend mike tour manages teh devil wears prada and i wanted to se him... anyways. I saw fftl and they were TERRIBLE! like, the whole place was "rockin" and teh crowd was going wild for every band and the second fftl came on people literally stopped moving and after a song or two people started booing them... the only thing you could hear was some little girls screaming matt's name and had fftl written over their faces...

it was SO sad to watch. I felt so sad for them. it was unbearable to watch, I left after a few more minutes. I asked mike and he said this happened virtually every night on the tour...

poor boys...  :-\

Jaquil

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 20, 2008, 04:46 AM

from first to last need to find a new singer. I saw them a while ago in chicago when I went to some hwo at the house of blues. I just went cuz my friend mike tour manages teh devil wears prada and i wanted to se him... anyways. I saw fftl and they were TERRIBLE! like, the whole place was "rockin" and teh crowd was going wild for every band and the second fftl came on people literally stopped moving and after a song or two people started booing them... the only thing you could hear was some little girls screaming matt's name and had fftl written over their faces...

it was SO sad to watch. I felt so sad for them. it was unbearable to watch, I left after a few more minutes. I asked mike and he said this happened virtually every night on the tour...

Good god that's horrible. I'll admit, they weren't my taste and his voice was too... eh for me. I don't know how to explain it, but it just wasn't my taste. At Warped Tour, there was nothing but chicks screaming out to them. Everyone else was slightly bobbing around to the melody, and you had your few crowd surfers. Not much more.
But to be booed horribly. I'd just friggin quit lol. I'll have to admit though, the only band there I really enjoyed was the Bouncing Souls.

Paint the lines on perfect eyes that circle the object of my sincere affection, my undivided attention.

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Jaquil on Jul 20, 2008, 06:36 AM

Good god that's horrible. I'll admit, they weren't my taste and his voice was too... eh for me. I don't know how to explain it, but it just wasn't my taste. At Warped Tour, there was nothing but chicks screaming out to them. Everyone else was slightly bobbing around to the melody, and you had your few crowd surfers. Not much more.
But to be booed horribly. I'd just friggin quit lol. I'll have to admit though, the only band there I really enjoyed was the Bouncing Souls.

i know, how horrible. as far as I recall they did drop outof the tour after a while or at least didnt play second headliner anymore.. I dunno...

you should have watched norma jean, dillinger escape plan and every time i die! those were the 3 bands I wish I could have seen, had I not had class and NO money whatsoever! lol

Jaquil

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 20, 2008, 08:07 PM

i know, how horrible. as far as I recall they did drop outof the tour after a while or at least didnt play second headliner anymore.. I dunno...

you should have watched norma jean, dillinger escape plan and every time i die! those were the 3 bands I wish I could have seen, had I not had class and NO money whatsoever! lol

Unfortunately I didn't get to see them. I kept being dragged to May Day Parade... didn't like them much either. I gotta listen to Norma Jean. Maybe they're something good. I stumbled across Dir En Grey from the Deftones tour last year. They were decent.

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Jaquil on Jul 20, 2008, 08:59 PM
Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 20, 2008, 08:07 PM

Unfortunately I didn't get to see them. I kept being dragged to May Day Parade... didn't like them much either. I gotta listen to Norma Jean. Maybe they're something good. I stumbled across Dir En Grey from the Deftones tour last year. They were decent.

NORMA JEAN  aren't good.... more like AMAZING!!  and you should know this, because chino worked with them ona few songs on teh upcoming album! ;)

Battle-Axe

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 16, 2008, 06:02 AM
Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jul 16, 2008, 01:44 AM
Meshuggah
Dillinger escape plan

they did at one of the shows I went to. went to 2 shows of the same tour. amazing line up! loved it!!!

Awesomeee :]

It was 7 weeks yesterday til the show, plus I was speaking to a guy a couple weeks ago who knows the promoter for the tour and he was adamant they're NOT gonna cancel so I'm pretty fuckin confident I'll get to see them this time round ;D

Knights Of The Abyss, Annotations Of An Autopsy and THE ACACIA STRAIN in 48 hours!

creature

Last show I went to was

311 and Snoop Dogg in Chicago

Battle-Axe

Last shows I went to:

The Acacia Strain, Knights Of The Abyss, Annotation Of An Autopsy - 25th July in Sheffield
The Acacia Strain, KOTA, AOAA, Veils - 29th July in Manchester

Absolutely without a doubt two of the best shows I've ever been to... the latter of which involved hanging out backstage with TAS for most of the night, smoking a couple joints with em and watching most of the show from sidestage :]

devilinside

Lolla-fucking-palooza!

<3 nin

neutron liar

I saw Rancid and Gogol Bordello two nights in a row in chicago last week.

oldgentlovecraft

Just went to the Mayhem Festival yesterday.

Best by far: Suicide Silence, 36 Crazyfists, Mastodon, The Red Chord (they did a fucking wall of death!), Machine Head, Slipknot
Worst: Dragonforce, Airbourne, Black Tide, Dead Broke
Mediocre: Walls of Jericho, Underoath, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch