Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pissedandpierced

A friend of mine in Sacramento messaged me the following information regarding the new album, this is what he has heard about it:

"The new album will have longer songs, think 6 minutes or more, guitar solos, even more synth/keys/fx from Frank, lyrically will be more straightforward rather than cryptic, there will be more complex song structures, more guitar from chino, and faster drums (more double bass). Chi got a 6 string bass he's using on most songs and a fretless 5 string. Steph is using a new custom 8 string baritone guitar. Chino is using a lot of FX on his guitar parts so it doesn't even really sound like guitar that much.

Songs are coming fast and the album might even be put out by the end of 2008"

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Oldnewtype

Frankz0r

How trustable is this? I mean, your opinion...

Here's my question, since when they're on the writting process? Because I see all these "reviews" and I think it's too early to say that kind of thing... like "songs will be longer and more guitar solos"... It would be nice, but.. I don't know, I think it's too early to say that.

goldpony

when did abe learn how to do double bass? I thought i read in an interview w/steph that abe doesn't practice so this would never be a possibility :-\
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Jerry_Curls

I imagine this new album to be a metal/shoegaze feel to it.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

monospeed

I too have a friend in Sacramento....he told me that band has taken i new style going for the whole justin timberlake, britney feel....no guitar solos, no complex songs, no drums at all....only synth. Timberland has guest vocals on most of the album and chino only sings in one song.

...i mean my friend from sacramento told me so it must be true.........

Quotelyrically will be more straightforward rather than cryptic

I doubt that will ever happen...he has a style, i think he's gonna stick to it rather then sell out singing some shit pop lyrics.

Quoteand faster drums (more double bass)

I'm pretty sure abe doesn't play double bass at all...except for one or two songs....so i seriously doubt he'll start now.
If all else fails
If all turns to dust
Set sail on a ship built from trust
If all else fails
And all starts to rust
Set sail on a ship built for us

aj

pissed and pierced talks a lot less shit than most of the people on this board, so im more inclined to believe her

however, we have been here with the band many times before, so despite progress being made, i expect team sleep to put this on a backburner for longer than wanted

rainnyx4

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Oct 11, 2007, 11:54 PM
A friend of mine in Sacramento messaged me the following information regarding the new album, this is what he has heard about it:

"The new album will have longer songs, think 6 minutes or more, guitar solos, even more synth/keys/fx from Frank, lyrically will be more straightforward rather than cryptic, there will be more complex song structures, more guitar from chino, and faster drums (more double bass). Chi got a 6 string bass he's using on most songs and a fretless 5 string. Steph is using a new custom 8 string baritone guitar. Chino is using a lot of FX on his guitar parts so it doesn't even really sound like guitar that much.

I wish!  Well, except for the more straight forward lyrics thing.

rumors

your friend is 99% wrong.  not doubting you, but your friend is mistaken.

aj

Hidalgo

so it is written, so it shall come to pass

Hidalgo

actually that all sounds really cool, but you got caught up in a lie

Gaz

I'm not believing anything untill I read something that the band themselves officially put out.

Also, we may as well keep this as a new album thread.

Inkblades

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Wrist

i believe in rumors...

but...i would love that type of sound that pissedandpierced´s friend told her.

shine down unshy

That'd be awesome if it were true

Gaz

time will tell if it's true

Bergerac

...I also had a dream about the last album, but it didn't really mean a great deal.

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php?topic=10054.msg399392#msg399392

Actually, in hindsight... maybe it did.

Guitar solos, even MORE synth, even more straight forward lyrics (I didn't think they could get any more one dimensional than those of 'Rapture')... sounds shit already. Let me guess, absolutely nothing interesting whatsoever?

Here's a another guess; there's going to be a blatant Godspeed You! Black Emperor influence to this - you can quote me, to go hand in hand with their Team Sleep-does-Mogwai Konami Code shite. I saw this coming as soon as Chino fucking mentioned GY!BE.

'I want to be just like you.
Then I'd be cool...'

Maybe not.

I'm beginning to think that the band that wrote Pony and the Ezrin shit is fucking dead.

deftonekid

Quote from: aj on Oct 12, 2007, 12:34 AM
however, we have been here with the band many times before, so despite progress being made, i expect team sleep to put this on a backburner for longer than wanted

agreed