Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el perro

hoping it aint Eros cos he did minerva, bot otherwise actually dont mind anymore. aslong as its dark, moody and heavy. should be good

White Wrist

"In Greek mythology, Eros was the primordial god of lust, love, and intercourse; he was also worshipped as a fertility deity. His name is the root of words such as erotic. In some myths, he was the son of the deities Aphrodite and Ares. Like Dionysus, he was sometimes referred to as Eleutherios, "the liberator". His Roman equivalent was Cupid, "desire", also known as Amor, "love"."

Hmm...that image in the official web site and myspace...maybe makes some sense now...

vinsanity

I kinda like the title, it's unusual, just like their previous album titles
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

Atomic

Quote from: snw777 on Jan 16, 2008, 06:55 PM
They will change the name, I bet.
They'll Change It To "Bath Time"! ;D
The First Single Off The Album Will Have A Video Of Chino Singing In The Bath Wearing His Signature Socks And Little Rubber Duckies Will Be Singing Along In The Chorus!
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

samson simpson

Quote from: Atomic on Jan 17, 2008, 10:41 AM
They'll Change It To "Bath Time"! ;D

That title would actually be pretty cool.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Atomic

deftonekid

Atomic

mikau

why does chino's heart on their website blink?

noooooooo, is he having cardiac problems? :( 

Jerry_Curls

So I started tripping out on their website and I was looking at the hearts. I saw faces in the hearts. They all kinda intertwined. Here are the first two I saw:

and then A skull but in a more 3d style:

and now look at it:

am I going crazy?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

tarkil

I think you're tripping out yeah...

White Wrist

Atomic

those pics give me headaches...

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

mikau

give me some of that, jerry curls

The†Sorrow

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jan 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
So I started tripping out on their website and I was looking at the hearts. I saw faces in the hearts. They all kinda intertwined. Here are the first two I saw:

I saw that to, only for a moment, then i lost focus. Something tells me there is more to this than meets the eye.

Doesen't anyone find it weird that on the deftones website, behind the hearts, the backround is that of the Virgin Mary and it looks like she is weilding the same object on the sword through the heart?

This album i believe will be Deftones best, i believe that in some way it will be like White Pony, but an influence of S/T.

tarkil

Deftones are no Tool, NIN or Radiohead...

Nothing hidden there I'm sure, the guys are waaaaaaaaaaay too lazy to come up with something like that...

Atomic

Quote from: tarkil on Jan 21, 2008, 05:44 AM
Nothing hidden there I'm sure, the guys are waaaaaaaaaaay too lazy to come up with something like that...
you've just gotta believe. all you need is faith, trust, and a kick in the head :)