Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DNZ

blasphemous yet entertaining :)

Atomic

My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Fireal1222

deftones really are a good band

because i thought self titled was pure garbage. then like 4 years later. it might be my favorite album. its cool that there music can do that with you

but im guessing the new album will be fun. because they probably wont have much stress making it.. SNW was when they were forcing things to flow.. but i must admit. i like that album. even though most of you dont like it overall. i do. i think it flows great

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theshadeisatool

It should be good. They don't seem to have session like this since WP...

st3v3n_g

I am patiently waiting... I think it will be good, I enjoy (most of) SNW, but I don't wanna get my expectations up too high

And tarkill - That image was both funny and disturbing... didn't see that coming  :o

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

deftonekid

Quote from: theshadeisatool on Jan 31, 2008, 03:59 AM
It should be good. They don't seem to have session like this since WP...

yeah good signs i guess...

Hidalgo

not enough news about this album. all we know is it's "weird" Stef's writng all the guitar, & he's doing different things that have Chino excited(but we aren't told what)

i wonder how many songs they have done now, or if they've hit the huge roadblock i'm expecting them to hit that delays the album into 09

theshadeisatool

I don't know what to expect for guitar sound. SNW sounded almost too varied in the type of guitar song to song, almost all over the place (probably on a count of Chino writing a lot of the guitar work..). I hope this is varied in texture but more of a consolidated sound? Anyone with me?

Yasiu

Well I would like to hear some more songs like "Lovers";  "Kimdracula" or "Needles and Pins" - heavy guitar, great vocals and nice mood. If it goes to something "light" then songs like "anniversary of an uninteresting event" or "Fireal" - great atmosphere. And I would love to hear some instrumental - if not one long, then some short ones between the songs to create some kind of  "flow". So please please please - Let me get what I want...a Depeche Mode cover : ).

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Yasiu on Feb 03, 2008, 05:29 PM
a Depeche Mode cover : ).

Waiting for the night would probably fit them, wouldn't it?

Yasiu

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Feb 06, 2008, 12:23 PM
Quote from: Yasiu on Feb 03, 2008, 05:29 PM
a Depeche Mode cover : ).

Waiting for the night would probably fit them, wouldn't it?

I think that a lot of songs from DP could fit them perfectly, but yea - nice example : ).

Metalhed

I can't wait. Deftones are one of the few bands that have been consistent with good albums for their entire career.

Hidalgo

this whole no news whatsoever thing is getting really boring

Inkblades

Yeah, a studio update would be clutch.

How do you guys feel about the 'Tones producing the album themselves? Good or bad?

Alvar

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 08, 2008, 08:07 AM

How do you guys feel about the 'Tones producing the album themselves? Good or bad?

100% deftones = 100% good

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

White Wrist

I think that...with a producer, the final result is better. Maybe Terry Date, again. I think it´s cool to have another point of view, outside the band.

But not like in the last album. They should do it in group.

Hidalgo

good for sure

Atomic

Quote from: Metalhed on Feb 07, 2008, 04:33 AM
I can't wait. Deftones are one of the few bands that have been consistent with good albums for their entire career.
i'll add System of A Down, Buckethead, Static-X and Bad Brains to that
Quote from: Alvar on Feb 08, 2008, 05:54 PM

100% deftones = 100% good
i concur
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

theshadeisatool

Quote from: White Wrist on Feb 08, 2008, 11:00 PM
I think that...with a producer, the final result is better. Maybe Terry Date, again. I think it´s cool to have another point of view, outside the band.

But not like in the last album. They should do it in group.

All the goodness was overseen by Terry Date, so I totally agree.

deafnotes