Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Deftones-argentina

Please, less songs from chino. I like his songwriting style, but I wish Steph had more prescence in the album.

Infector

This thread is getting me excited, but that first post sounds like utter bullshit.

Doesnt sound like the Deftones at all.

And end of 2008 is a LONG way away.

I'm more inclined to believe rumors, as his posts have be flawless as of late.

But still, I can't wait for more news and some new Deftones songs!!!!

Zevaka

Conceptual Album, please

Hidalgo

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 11, 2007, 08:58 PM
when did abe learn how to do double bass? I thought i read in an interview w/steph that abe doesn't practice so this would never be a possibility :-\
my guess is "sol invicto" is getting a really sick metal drummer to let Stephen unleash. they're announcing a new member, & it's a drummer. so that's my guess

Hidalgo

wither-I

i had an apperition while running today that deftones would compile an extension of "one weak" for the upcoming album. like a one weak II. i think it would be tight, i know bands have redone or expanded on former songs before, and having one weak as a progressive epic (similar to pink maggit) would be tight! just thought i would share...you never know ::)

ALightOn

Maybe not.

I'm beginning to think that the band that wrote Pony and the Ezrin shit is fucking dead.
[/quote]
\
Is this a stab at Pony?

ALightOn

wither-I

Quote from: ALightOn on Oct 15, 2007, 11:26 PM
Maybe not.

I'm beginning to think that the band that wrote Pony and the Ezrin shit is fucking dead.
\
Is this a stab at Pony?
[/quote]
be good to learn how to quote properly. just click "quote" in the top right corner of the persons post

ALightOn

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Oct 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
Please, less songs from chino. I like his songwriting style, but I wish Steph had more prescence in the album.
...especially after the last debacle...

ALightOn

thanks, not really that important though...

Rutje15

when did abe learn how to do double bass? I thought i read in an interview w/steph that abe doesn't practice so this would never be a possibility :-\

thank god for that!!

Hidalgo

Quote from: Rutje15 on Oct 28, 2007, 11:07 AM

thank god for that!
yea, i like Abe's style just as it is. if he dabbles in double bass here & there that's cool, but hoepfully he'll never get to the point where he's doing it all the time

goldpony

agreed, i like the hard snare and fills. it suits the tones in a way double bass wouldn't.

who else wants more original bsides, not just covers? ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

defcoke

I expect a good album

XJohnnyX

didnt chino said that he wasnt going to play any guitar?

Zevaka

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 29, 2007, 02:42 PM
who else wants more original bsides, not just covers? ;D

[both hands up]