Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

Quote from: Zevaka on Nov 04, 2007, 05:26 PM
he did, unfortunately

hes also said he was doing effects with his guitar, so right now it's all speculation

Jerry_Curls

I have a feeling this album is going to be very catchy, easy melodies, and some shoegaze thrown in.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

bebo

DNZ

im just glad there making an album. period. dunno i kinda had the feeling that they were going to split up or something after SNW.
no particular reason, just a suspicion.
oh and hi, by the way.

devilinside

DNZ

oh and i wanted to add that combat is somewhere in my deftones top 5. def.

DNZ

oh crap that last post was supposed to be in another thread. been away too long i guess :)

Smog

"We can't wait for you all to hear it"  ME TOO!!!!  :P :P :P
Chi's the man!

bebo

Maybe they'll spill and post stuff on myspace like snw.

Zevaka

entire leak is more likely

Gaz

6 to 8 songs finished? wow they really have got there arse in gear!

rainnyx4

Quote from: Gaz on Dec 09, 2007, 07:24 PM

Yeah, I just hope they're good songs.

mr.sinister

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 09, 2007, 10:49 PM

bet your ass they are good songs. the only song from the deftones that i don't like is pink cellphone, but other than that, all of their material is masterful.

rainnyx4

Quote from: mr.sinester on Dec 10, 2007, 03:45 AM

bet your ass they are good songs. the only song from the deftones that i don't like is pink cellphone, but other than that, all of their material is masterful.

The band gets very lazy sometimes (some songs only have like 2 riffs in them and/or are pretty much rehashes of other songs).  But most of the time they're brilliant.

By the way, Pink Cellphone was one of the best songs off of SNW.

endoeleven

New album in progress is good news.

mr.sinister

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 10, 2007, 04:03 AM

The band gets very lazy sometimes (some songs only have like 2 riffs in them and/or are pretty much rehashes of other songs).  But most of the time they're brilliant.

wait. your saying that the band gets lazy? and you think pink cellphone is of the better tracks of SNW? that song didn't take much effort. all it is is just a beat over and over again. tbh, i thought the guest vox did nothing to the song, much like mein. but yeah the song gets a little ridiculous at the end, lol. most of the time i just skip it to go to combat for some real guud shit.

weakcure

Quote from: mr.sinester on Dec 10, 2007, 04:52 AM
wait. your saying that the band gets lazy? and you think pink cellphone is of the better tracks of SNW? that song didn't take much effort. all it is is just a beat over and over again. tbh, i thought the guest vox did nothing to the song, much like mein. but yeah the song gets a little ridiculous at the end, lol. most of the time i just skip it to go to combat for some real guud shit.

If Annie Hardy just voided the speaking bit toward the end, Pink Cellphone would have easily been a favorite; it's so fresh and what I think to be one of the most seductive songs on the album. I love listening to the instrumental version just because I love the beat. Ahhhh, but Combat is something else. That's a fucking gem.

Also, I've been told there are about 7 songs done (which was reiterated by the new blog), and that the album is almost certain to be released next fall. I'm really eager to hear what it'll sound like; I just hope nothing leaks until then.

wither-I

Quote from: weakcure on Dec 10, 2007, 05:06 AM
I just hope nothing leaks until then.
right on! cause shit, if so so we might have a single by maybe even july. and i would hate if they postponed the release because of leakage :(

"coming into the nearness of distance"

rainnyx4

Quote from: mr.sinester on Dec 10, 2007, 04:52 AM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 10, 2007, 04:03 AM

PCP at least sounded different than any of their other songs.  As much as the band says they try not to repeat themselves and try to to push the envelope, sometimes they don't live up to their standard.

You're right though, Combat was the best song on that album.

weakcure is right too though, if PCP didn't have that last part a lot more people would like it.  I personally felt they should have had it as a secret little thing at the end of the album.  It kind of messed up the flow with it in the middle of the cd.