Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Sett on Mar 25, 2010, 11:57 AM
I am surprised that so many people dislike the ST. I can not think for a bad song in it.

s/t is one of their finest work with terry date and snw is their shittiest stuff,done with ezrin and lopez... thats why i just hate when people lump those two records together because they sound nothing like each other.

so what if the band went through bad times during the making of the two, music wise theyre very distant from each other.

as for the new album.. im trying my best not to over play it too much... such great stuff.. i get all dizzy thinking of it. but boy did it leak too early  :-\

Sett

Hidalgo

his voice was really strong during the like linus era, no tricks no struggles with high notes. it's been damaged but it's still awesome

Vesanic

I really wonder what he would sound like on Passenger with his previous skills. Really.

Hidalgo

off the subject, but does anyone think Stef should maybe do the next album using a 6 string again? i dunno, i just kinda prefer his 6 string sound of the first 3 albums

i just prefer 6 string guitars in general i guess

Vesanic

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 25, 2010, 12:16 PM
off the subject, but does anyone think Stef should maybe do the next album using a 6 string again? i dunno, i just kinda prefer his 6 string sound of the first 3 albums

Definitely. Stef owns the 6-string.

Deftones - My Own Summer (Live On Recovery)

Subliminal

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
I really wonder what he would sound like on Passenger with his previous skills. Really.
He pulled it off when I saw them at Brixton in 2007, was quite shocked. So I can only imagine.. maybe he was due to sing that part. But got Maynard to instead.

I doubt he'll be going back to 6 string, that must feel like a childs guitar compared to the 7/8, he does have huge hands after all!

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 25, 2010, 01:23 PM
He pulled it off when I saw them at Brixton in 2007, was quite shocked.

i was at that show too (on the balcony) i was smiling for days  8)  lifter,omg..

Vesanic

Just watched the video of that. He didn't pull it off at all.  ::)

deftones86

Chinos voice sounds so different from the linus days.  Gift / Guest is my favorite from the demos his voice is pretty magical on that one.
Chi's intro bass line gets me everytime. :'(
But seriously if you listen to  those demos and then listen to diamond eyes now way you would think it was the same band.

And when chinos on its nothing short of amazing.

Subliminal

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 25, 2010, 01:29 PM

i was at that show too (on the balcony) i was smiling for days  8)  lifter,omg..

I saw the whole of Adrenaline live in 2006 8) now that was fucking something!

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 25, 2010, 01:36 PM

Maybe it was at the Guildhall then in 2007, it was a few days after. Find that video and let me know :)

m1nusblindfoLd

obv

dawg

not sure where to post this but if you guys want new promo pictures download the press kit here
http://www.mlk.com/presse/deftones/1112-live_2010.zip

E-Money

Quote from: dawg on Mar 25, 2010, 06:42 PM
not sure where to post this but if you guys want new promo pictures download the press kit here

Thanks for sharing! 

Shadow46/2

Awesome pics!

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

SomeOf

Wo thanks! Beautiful pictures!

Wax And Wane

Very cool stuff? Hey is there a way to traslate the press release? Lol. I'm interested in what it says.  :)
I will save your life..

cEvin Key

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
He pulled it off when I saw them at Brixton in 2007, was quite shocked. So I can only imagine.. maybe he was due to sing that part. But got Maynard to instead.

I doubt he'll be going back to 6 string, that must feel like a childs guitar compared to the 7/8, he does have huge hands after all!

I heard that he's got a 9 string and it's using it with solinvicto.
I honestly hope he doesn't use it with deftones. I personally see no point in it.

aj

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 25, 2010, 03:19 PM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 25, 2010, 01:29 PM

i was at that show too (on the balcony) i was smiling for days  8)  lifter,omg..

I saw the whole of Adrenaline live in 2006 8) now that was fucking something!

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 25, 2010, 01:36 PM

Maybe it was at the Guildhall then in 2007, it was a few days after. Find that video and let me know :)

was the day after. 2 deftones shows on consecutive nights. My ears didnt stop ringing for a week

aj

and reading this, it looks like the Dortmund show is going to be a one-off, kinda like the free one they did in Köln a few years back. My money is also on a London secret show to mark the release.