Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

After a season that came down to losing with Heat, now I must endure that Spurs are keeping Splitter first than Ginobili? Im boiling in anger. This brazilian asshole did as many mistakes as Manu but Ginobili can back that up with 20 point games even if it is 6 games out of 82. Bullshit decision, to be honest I hope Manu lands on Rockets, Clippers and I dont care if they are my enemy team,I hope he lands on Lakers.There I said. Overpaid decision.

bright lights, big city

I thought you blamed their loss on Ginobili being an old man and that he was done! Haha. I've heard word that they still probably will resign him, but for cheap. And if he knows what's good for him, his best chance for success is under Pop.

That said, they did overpay Splitter. I think he'll get better (like Asik did over time with the Bulls/Rockets), but to pay like $10 mil a year? A little odd.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Gee

Well there you go ! Ginobili, 2 more seasons. The big 3 is still there.

Can't wait for next season.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 03, 2013, 04:09 PM
I thought you blamed their loss on Ginobili being an old man and that he was done! Haha. I've heard word that they still probably will resign him, but for cheap. And if he knows what's good for him, his best chance for success is under Pop.

That said, they did overpay Splitter. I think he'll get better (like Asik did over time with the Bulls/Rockets), but to pay like $10 mil a year? A little odd.

I was mad yeah but Manu is the heart of the team. I do agree with you that I would have liked to have Asik instead of this soft Brazilian. Interesting moves on Clippers too.

bright lights, big city

Is it possible the Clippers might be the best in the West next season? Definitely ahead of Memphis, Denver and OKC now.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 04, 2013, 04:28 AM
Is it possible the Clippers might be the best in the West next season? Definitely ahead of Memphis, Denver and OKC now.

I hope so, they have to stop being underdogs and go on top. Reddick and Dudley came to Clippers and Bledsoe out.
Spurs got Belinelli who is a 38% three point, I hope Pop can make him play some defense.

bright lights, big city

Thibodeau got Belinelli to play some decent defense in the playoffs. I just hope his 3 pt consistency gets better.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Iguodala joined Warriors instead of Nuggets.
Howard about to close deal with Rockets.
Evans signed with Pelicans which I must say looks like the team doing the best moves
Knicks keeping Prigioni and Smith

bright lights, big city

I think I actually picked the Pelicans to make the playoffs last year. I'm gonna just keep picking them, haha. They've got a nice little core group forming there.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 06, 2013, 09:44 AM
I think I actually picked the Pelicans to make the playoffs last year. I'm gonna just keep picking them, haha. They've got a nice little core group forming there.

No, you picked the Hornets last year LOL
Howard went to Rockets and the Lakers fans are so fuming over his decision.

Gee

So, I don't know if you heard, but Parker, Diaw, De Colo and the rest of the French team won the Euro Championship, and it's a pretty big thing right now over here  :)

Parker was at his best (32 points against Spain people, Euro MVP, enough said) and Diaw was HUGE (on average 10+points per games, rebounds and assists all over the place). De Colo really improved since last year's Olympics and I think these 3 plus the new recruit Belinelli (that guy was amazing and it really sucks he didn't make it til the end with Italy) are gonna kick some ass for the Spurs - Popovich seems pleased about it.

Again, can't wait for the new season to start.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Gee on Sep 25, 2013, 09:29 PM
So, I don't know if you heard, but Parker, Diaw, De Colo and the rest of the French team won the Euro Championship, and it's a pretty big thing right now over here  :)

Parker was at his best (32 points against Spain people, Euro MVP, enough said) and Diaw was HUGE (on average 10+points per games, rebounds and assists all over the place). De Colo really improved since last year's Olympics and I think these 3 plus the new recruit Belinelli (that guy was amazing and it really sucks he didn't make it til the end with Italy) are gonna kick some ass for the Spurs - Popovich seems pleased about it.

Again, can't wait for the new season to start.

I truly hope so, we were so so close last season but we fucked it up on Game 6 and Game 7 was a lottery for grabs for both teams. Anyway, that is over and a new season is starting for my Spurs and still underdogs Clippers. I already got tickets for 2 games with Clippers and I cant wait to pay the NBA League pass :) October cant come any faster!

deftoolsys07

Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

bright lights, big city

DERP

Gee

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Gee on Oct 01, 2013, 01:05 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 30, 2013, 11:53 PM
Only 4 more weeks!

Hell yeah. Can't wait to see Rose play again.
Here's hoping he's back to his old self. Supposedly he's been putting serious work on his jump shot, which makes me feel better, so he won't be forced to drive to the basket every other possession and risk injury.
DERP

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 01, 2013, 02:48 AM
Quote from: Gee on Oct 01, 2013, 01:05 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 30, 2013, 11:53 PM
Only 4 more weeks!

Hell yeah. Can't wait to see Rose play again.
Here's hoping he's back to his old self. Supposedly he's been putting serious work on his jump shot, which makes me feel better, so he won't be forced to drive to the basket every other possession and risk injury.

Even if he has to do so, the guy worked out a lot and packed a few extra pounds so he is more built and ready to face those situations. Given he did not lose some agility in the middle, he should be even harder to stop.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Corey Maguette newest addition for my Spurs.

Gee

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 02, 2013, 10:22 AM

33 years old and 5pts average last year...But if he starts playing like he was with the Clippers again, fine by me !

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Gee on Oct 03, 2013, 01:31 PM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 02, 2013, 10:22 AM

33 years old and 5pts average last year...But if he starts playing like he was with the Clippers again, fine by me !

I hope so too. It is gonna be though for my old Spurs to be on top this season and as always West is gonna be a hell.