Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Annnd immediately my picks are fucked...I like that Harden trade for both teams. OKC should miss Harden, but I really like their 2 rookies this year in Lamb and Jones III. And now Houston actually has someone who can shoot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eddy-curry-expected-mavs-starting-212007276--nba.html
What do you Dallas fans think of that? Granted I'm biased because he was a disaster for the Bulls, but I'd be skeptical that a Spurs castoff last week is now starting for me this week. Hopefully Kaman gets back soon.

At least he doesn't weigh 400 pounds anymore.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 30, 2012, 05:07 PM
Annnd immediately my picks are fucked...I like that Harden trade for both teams. OKC should miss Harden, but I really like their 2 rookies this year in Lamb and Jones III. And now Houston actually has someone who can shoot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eddy-curry-expected-mavs-starting-212007276--nba.html
What do you Dallas fans think of that? Granted I'm biased because he was a disaster for the Bulls, but I'd be skeptical that a Spurs castoff last week is now starting for me this week. Hopefully Kaman gets back soon.

At least he doesn't weigh 400 pounds anymore.

"NBA Where teams change players" LMAO

Celtics fought hard but still fell to the shitty Heat.Ray Allen said hello to everyone on Celtics with the exception of Rondo,did anyone see that?
Lakers/Mavericks about to start and even tough Mavs are foes from my Spurs,I hope they win tonight against those fucking Lakers.It is like a cancer here in California.
My Spurs and Clippers play tomorrow :D

bright lights, big city

It feels so weird being a fair weather fan of the Lakers. I'm with you man, I normally do prefer the Clips, but there's just something so interesting about the Lakers that makes me want to watch them whenever they're on tv this year. Being a huge Nash fan doesn't hurt, on top of the fact that I've grown to respect Kobe (probably because of his infatuation with MJ).

You guys have to admit they are probably the best chance at beating the Heat. Unless Boston somehow beats them in the East Finals. So basically you have to ask yourselves - are you that much of a Dwight/Kobe/Lake Show hater to actually root for Lebron/Wade/Heatles?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Jesus, LA's offense looked atrocious - definitely a work in progress. And there really is no bench, Meeks and Hill aren't too terrible, but Jamison plays like he's in his 40s.
DERP

deftoolsys07

And that is why I love my Mavs... Obviously Lakers looked like they didn't have their shit together and could obviously make huge improvements and start playing like a super star team, but we (Dallas) didn't look bad at all, especially without Dirk! Looks like we have a lot more speed now and can really get the ball down the court pretty quickly.

But really Lakers were just missing way too many shots... I don't know what their FG % was at the end of the night, but after the 4th quarter, it couldn't have been anything to be proud about...

I love the Mavs, but after watching the preaseason games, too. I think last night's win may have purely just been because of the Lakers not being on key...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Kobe was mad as hell,did anyone see him go before his teammates and fast? Gasol should have his own metal band with those screams,so fucking annoying.
My Spurs play soon and Clippers play later :D I cant wait for this.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

And Lakers go down 0-2 and Nash got his knee hurt.First rumours said he is done for season.They got no bench at all.My Spurs and Clippers both won :D,Crawford did a great job with 29 points from the bench.Clippers got depth now :D

black coffee

Mario, Luigi and Scooby-Doo having front row seats? Those legends...

bright lights, big city

^^^ every time the ball was at that end of the court, I just smiled. That was great, even if the Bulls weren't.

Nash'll be fine, I don't what you guys heard. But how about Damian Lillard? Only one game, but damn, I told you guys to watch out for him? He and Davis are my 2 favorites for rookie of the year.

Speaking of Davis, he looked like a beast too. Going up against a legend while doing so. I don't get why you're so excited about the Spurs after that game, they only won by 4 points. I thought the consensus here was that the Hornets are still terrible.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 01, 2012, 03:56 PM
^^^ every time the ball was at that end of the court, I just smiled. That was great, even if the Bulls weren't.

Nash'll be fine, I don't what you guys heard. But how about Damian Lillard? Only one game, but damn, I told you guys to watch out for him? He and Davis are my 2 favorites for rookie of the year.

Speaking of Davis, he looked like a beast too. Going up against a legend while doing so. I don't get why you're so excited about the Spurs after that game, they only won by 4 points. I thought the consensus here was that the Hornets are still terrible.

Spurs were without Ginobili last night too ;) Harden exploted with 37 points with his new team Rockets.

bright lights, big city

Ok that's a good point, haha.

I now realize I'm stating the obvious when talking about Davis being one of my favorites for RotY. Everyone knows he can play. I just get so excited watching him ball. If Austin Rivers can get a consistent jump shot, and not shoot 10% every game, N.O. can be a lethal 35 win team.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

What a great win by my Spurs tonight! Parker hit the winner and Westbrook was looking for him underneath the rim LOL Great victory!

RoyalDeftonicBoy

My Clippers gave Lakers a 0-3 since 1978-79.Another big match by Harden with 45 points tonight :O!

bright lights, big city

no team that's started 0-3 has ever won the championship.
DERP

samson simpson

Collison is a beast... when he played in New Orleans i got to see him and he was a major spark off the bench always when he backed up CP .
shit I thought he was still with Indiana . They are crazy for not trying to keep him.

The NBA has changed so much....dont mean to sound all like an old man meme but it really is a trip to see how much the game has changed.
but Ill always love pro bball ..

I think the Spurs are gonna shock everyone this year and represent the west in the finals. OKC has alot of shit to work out since they let S.B.S( slim black santa) go .Kevin Martin is a good addition but Harden is a beast and a more steady shooter..so they are going to be downgraded on offense from last year.

The Clippers are deep as a harlots puss but not ready.....although Crawford has alot of people on ice skates at the moment and will probably be the 6th man of the year ..but they will have to face the spurs again when it counts.

Lakers are soft as a bug pissing on cotton right now but will strengthen up when it counts...but not make it past the semis.

as far as the east......the way the last 2 games of the ECF went last year ..Ill be sure to have my tinfoil hat on this time and not be suprised.

Lebrons hairline and co. will make a return and prob win this year again with their whining every play ass

they are a deep team and probably the best this year no matter how much I loathe ...

but when it come to people comparing him to Money ( #23)...

never

and fuck Eric Gordon hope Austin Rivers can learn the position and go one pro game without fucking his ankle up

bright lights, big city

Hey man, are you in NOLA? I don't get that whole Eric Gordon situation. Seems like he never bought into the Hornets, and seems to just not want to play. Is he actually hurt?

And what worries me about the Clippers is that deep bench. It's nice that Del Negro has finally learned that using a rotation is nice when it comes to coaching and subbing guys in. There are just so many names at in the backcourt and at SF. Just at SF you have Butler, Odom, Barnes, Hill. All these guys will demand minutes, there's just not enough minutes to go around when Hill and Billups come back. And don't give me this excuse that everyone on LAC is unselfish - we all know guys like CP3 WANT to play 48 minutes a game.
DERP

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 03, 2012, 08:28 AM

The team in your sig did. 90-91 season. :)
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Gee on Nov 03, 2012, 06:13 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 03, 2012, 08:28 AM

The team in your sig did. 90-91 season. :)
hey you're right. good call man. then what the hell was espn talking about? that was where i heard it, trying to induce panic on laker fans.
DERP

deftones86

Steve nash fractured his ankle. man i kinda remeber someone sayin nash's body wouldnt hold up this season. Oh that was me. Mayo dropped 30 tonight. but then again it was against the bobcats.

bright lights, big city

DERP