Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Brandon Rush out for the rest of the season with torn ACL.Ginobili returned to the line up and we won last night to go 3-0.We did an awful 3rd quarter though.Warriors surprised my underdogs Clippers and Rockets' home debut was with a defeat against Blazers.The rookie Lillard once again scored 20 points.

samson simpson

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 03, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hey man, are you in NOLA? I don't get that whole Eric Gordon situation. Seems like he never bought into the Hornets, and seems to just not want to play. Is he actually hurt?

And what worries me about the Clippers is that deep bench. It's nice that Del Negro has finally learned that using a rotation is nice when it comes to coaching and subbing guys in. There are just so many names at in the backcourt and at SF. Just at SF you have Butler, Odom, Barnes, Hill. All these guys will demand minutes, there's just not enough minutes to go around when Hill and Billups come back. And don't give me this excuse that everyone on LAC is unselfish - we all know guys like CP3 WANT to play 48 minutes a game.

Yea man Im 15 min from the hive . The Picayune says he's saying his knee is hurt and doesn't feel comfortable playing on it right now but the team doctors are saying otherwise ( Even Monty has his doubts to his claims behind close doors sources in the paper say). So yea ....he is being a bitch . He should of said it was his back because millions of people get away with that shit everyday to not work and there is no real way of telling if they're lying.

I say just trade him for whatever they can get because with his history it wont be long before his knee is really fucked up again .
Its sad also because while i think they will be shite this year record wise , they can get chemistry together and next year can be a good start for the  next few years. So if he does stay healthy it would be a good little addition to the growing talent they have.

Its a trip to me how some of these athletes can complain about not wanting to play for a team that really wants them because of the location. Its not like they have to play in a horrible fucking place no matter where they are in the association.

and I agree with everything about the Clips ( Although Blake looks like hes added a little to his game this year) to much going on with not a bunch of chemistry at work. They will be fun to watch like always though.

bright lights, big city

Teams can't sleep on the Hornets. I'm telling you guys, they have a chance at 40 wins. Monty seems to be a game-changer coach, like Thibodeau. They've all bought in (well, except Gordon) to his system, and they play hard every night. Hell, they beat surprised my Bulls in Chicago, and that was without Gordon and Davis.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

samson simpson

yea they did beat them...but  without the 3 stripe killa

:(

its a disservice to all sports that a person/ player like that is hurt for the portion he is.

changes landscapes it does.

Gee

4 consecutive wins for the Spurs. Who said they were old ?  ;)
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Gee on Nov 06, 2012, 06:15 PM
This guy. But for the record, the team that age affects the most is NY. Average age on that team is 32. But hey, they're looking pretty good so far too, so what do I know.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftoolsys07

Fuck Fox Sports South West! I want to watch my fucking Mavericks!!! I don't have that channel so I can only watch like 5 fucking games this season like last year.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 06, 2012, 07:22 PM
This guy. But for the record, the team that age affects the most is NY. Average age on that team is 32. But hey, they're looking pretty good so far too, so what do I know.

What about the Celtics ? Aren't they older ?

Anyway, as for the Spurs, the freakin Clippers had to come and ruin it. Anyway, Diaw is really starting to make his way through the team, I like that.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

deftones86

did anyone project the mavs would be 4-1 after the first 5 games without Dirk? Mayo Kaman and Dirk are going to make some noise this year.

bright lights, big city

I underestimated the Carlyle Factor with Collison and Mayo. I admit it, Mayo's looked like a pretty damn effective go to scorer so far.
DERP

deftones86

Coach Carlisle has resurrected the careers of mayo and brandon wright. Im glad hes with the mavericks.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Gee on Nov 08, 2012, 11:57 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 06, 2012, 07:22 PM

What about the Celtics ? Aren't they older ?

Anyway, as for the Spurs, the freakin Clippers had to come and ruin it. Anyway, Diaw is really starting to make his way through the team, I like that.

their average is 28 - Collins, Garnett, Terry and Pierce are the only bros over 30.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Yeah my Spurs lost against my L.A team,Im happy for the Clippers and I hope they keep the same energy for tonight's game against Blazers.Ginobili needs to get his game back otherwise we are gonna be fucked up,well it is better now than later in the playoffs right?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

MIKE BROWN FIRED FROM LAKERS AFTER 1-4 AND 0-8

bright lights, big city

Wow that's a little quick and harsh. 5 regular season games is really enough of a sample size to fire a coach and his new offensive gameplan that was just implemented? Seriously?
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

What about Knicks 4-0.My Spurs beat that Cousins pussy and his Kings.The dude was talking trash against Duncan and Timmy Smiled then owned him on court including 2 blocks and 1 dunk on the face of that idiot Ha! Spurs 5-1 :D

deftones86

20 turn overs against the Knicks gotta be better than that Collision and Mayo. But Mayo did drop 20 again. Just gotta wait it out for Dirk.  And the Lakers haha I love watching them lose almost as much as the Heat.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

What a steal my Spurs did over Lakers LMFAO,I laughed so much at Gasol's attempt of a 3.I cant imagine the wrath of Kobe.
Knicks is next for my Spurs on thursday and is gonna be a good test for both teams.

cesar421

It's early in the season but what a victory the spurs just had. Hopefully they can keep it up...Ginobili worries me.

Wonder if the Lakers owner was high when he made that deal with D'antoni. D'antoni is a good coach but he doesn't know what Defense is and Defense wins championships.

bright lights, big city

I love Phil, I mean he helped get 6 rings for my city. But he's done. Don't you remember when he left a couple years ago? He seemed to have zero interest in coaching again. And it showed with this Mike Brown firing - he wanted to get ownership shares, not travel on long roadtrips. He's not in the right place.

But all that doesn't even matter now with D'Antoni. Sure, Nash can't play D and Gasol might be a little soft, but you're saying they don't know defense is - they still have the Defensive Player of the Year! Plus Kobe and and Metta! Look who was on his rosters in Denver, Phx, and NY. Those guys had no interest in defense. Then when they got Chandler last year, the Knicks finally played some D under D'Antoni. Sorry to rant, but what I would worry about if I'm a Laker fan is actually the offense. Does Nash still have the legs for the run n gun offense? Do all the other old farts have enough stamina to keep running every night? Can Metta still drain the 3's (cuz he's gonna be jacking em up now)?

sorry to rant.
DERP