Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftones86

bright lights, big city

is it safe to say now that within a year or 2, only about 6 big market teams (not counting OKC) will own the NBA? This Carmelo trade hurts the Bulls, I honestly now put the Knicks higher than them. And mark my words, Deron Williams or Chris Paul goes to NY next year.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

This just means the bad teams are going to be worse for even longer, maybe eventually building through the draft.

I really think the raptors franchise will never win a championship (no one will stay), they should just fold. But they are making money.

It's different in the NHL, small market teams can win the cup.

bright lights, big city

NFL too. Teams seem to be able to go from last to first, or vice-versa, in hockey and football. But with MLB and the NBA is the opposite. Once Boston gets old and dies already, there's basically teams in the 3 biggest markets in the East that will probably dominate. I guess it's good for the league as a whole, but yeah I feel bad for teams like the Raptors, Cavs, Kings, Grizzlies, etc. I just can't see any of those teams even contending for, well, basically this generation.

What makes things worse for you is that basically you got nothing for Bosh, whereas Denver can at least walk away with a few draft picks and decent players to start building a team with.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Yeah exactly, Bosh is such a fucking loser though, he's the type of guy that will flex his arms at the crowd in an allstar game...after a fucking layup... , lol what a clown

Basically last year he didn't try for 2nd half of the season, didn't want to risk getting injured and loosing his big contract. He didn't even tell them his intentions, fuck him. all his game is, is getting to the free throw line, or dominating shitty teams. He will get fucking owned in the playoffs by Garnett/Stodomire/Noah/Howard. Pretty much anyone good.

TheWatcher

i got a my eye on the bulls for the east there such a raw team!

Corleone

Quote from: TheWatcher on Feb 23, 2011, 02:32 AM
i got a my eye on the bulls for the east there such a raw team!

Not many egos on that team ,which is good for playoffs (celtics, spurs)

Some teams can win off talent alone, Bulls have a bit of both.

bright lights, big city

Can't wait for tomorrow when Noah comes back. We've only had 9 games this year where all Rose, Boozer and Noah were together.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Lots of movement on that Melo trade huh?
The Spurs machine must continue to keep on going these last 26 games.Blake Griffin we hope to see you soon wearing a Spurs' Jersey so you can keep the dinasty going with Blair,Hill,Neal,Parker and Splitter.
We must come back from that tough lost against Rose and the Bulls, to think we could have end 47-9 before the all stars break =(
Anyway we must live the Present,the past is gone and the future is uncertain.

deftones86

Im glad Anthony is in the east now. Denver was a tough team. Especially at home.

bright lights, big city

the East has gotten so good since last year. There are 6 teams that have some serious talent... and then 9 teams that suck hard.

The Clips owner has vowed to re-sign Griffin, but does anyone honestly believe him? I just assumed he'd go to the Lakers, but the Spurs, that's an interesting thought. It's hard to imagine them being irrelevant, but to avoid sucking in the next couple of year they do need to make a big signing. Someone big to replace Duncan. Maybe they trade for Dwight Howard next year?

I love thinking of possible NBA trades, I wish I could be a GM.
DERP

bright lights, big city

aaaaand the East gets even better. I was wrong about my boy DWilliams going to the Knicks, but hey the Nets will be playing in NYC within a couple years so I was close enough.
DERP

There Will Be Blood

bright lights, big city

yeah this has kind of been a forgotten thread, sadly. i still can't believe the bulls are this close to getting the 1 seed. only about 10 days till the nba AND nhl playoffs!
DERP

Corleone

Quote from: Corleone on Oct 31, 2010, 06:12 PM
Lakers Vs Celtics final

Celtics take it all, garnett back in his natural position, scary team.

I could see the Grizzlies moving up a bit this year too.

yuuuuuuuuup I'm good

bright lights, big city

nice work there man! I just wish it was the Lakers who choked. I know we've got several big time spurs fans on here, where are they? I want to what's happening. Is this it for their dynasty?
DERP

Corleone

I think OKC will actually go to the final, well I'm hoping.

OKC vs Heat next year ;)

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 30, 2011, 06:42 PM
nice work there man! I just wish it was the Lakers who choked. I know we've got several big time spurs fans on here, where are they? I want to what's happening. Is this it for their dynasty?

Well I think Im the only one :P Im here,the dinasty is over.We need to rebuild,Duncan must go,Parker too,Macdyess retire,Jefferson must be sell as fast as possible.I think the team should evolve now between Ginobili,Splitter,Hill,Blair,Neil and some new fresh blood.I hope the team buys someone big like Howard,like  brights lights said or please bring Griffin to the Spurs.Another turn around should be that ginobili should go to,Blazers,Clippers or Knicks where he could give the spark those 3 teams are missing. Thats it

bright lights, big city

whoever wins the Dwight Howard sweepstakes wins the championship that year. The guy is entering his prime and is already putting up Wilt Chamberlain-like numbers.
DERP

bright lights, big city

Taj is gonna be something special in the future. I know this was only game 1, but jesus christ last night might've been the best the Bulls played all year. Spectacular game.

And sorry my amigos who are Heat fans, but I can't resist:

Taj Gibson dunks on Dwyane Wade -- Chicago Bulls vs. Miami Heat Game 1

Taj Gibson Sledgehammer Dunk vs Heat 5/15/2011
DERP