Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

That was a great dunk however I laugh @ the fact that all the "dead" bulls fans now are going to the stadium and not when the team was shit back in 08 with Rose included.Noah has become a cocky cunt and for that even tough I hate Heat I would rather them to win.In the other hand what a nice beating OKC did on those cocky assholes of Grizzlies Hahahaha.What is gonna happen now on Mavs-Thunder?Westbrook and Durant have been a killer duo.

bright lights, big city

I hate Tony Allen, and I'm usually pretty lenient with people from Chicago, but the dude's a fucking twat. And Zach Randolph doesn't really do much off the court to help his "good guy" cause. But yeah OKC is really good. Durant's Durant, but who I've been impressed with is Westbrook. When he's unselfish, and goes out and gets 10 assists the Thunder are an elite team. That said, I think this is Dallas' year finally. Dirk has been unstoppable for a couple months now, and everyone around him is stepping up. Who knew Dallas would be where Kidd and Stojakavic revitalized their careers? They've got enough veteran leadership, playoff experience and key pieces to maybe win the West, at least.

As for my Bulls, actually I think their attendance was fine throughout the decade after MJ. Basketball and football (and the Cubs, but I don't count them) here are always huge. They sell out all the time. The Sox and Blackhawks are the teams that have had terrible attendance, even in decent winning years, let alone when they are last in the standings. I'm watching the Sox game now and the seats are about 2/3 empty, haha.

I can see why anyone would dislike Noah. He's your classic team-player-energy-guy-great-teammate-fan-favorite who's got all the intangibles you need for a winner. You'd love him if he was on your team. I've got a great example of this. Dennis Rodman was on the bad-boy Pistons. Everyone hated him outside of Michigan, but eventually the Bulls traded for him and he became our 3rd guy. Our energy guy. Honestly, those 3 years with the Bulls made him one of my favorite players of all time.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

actually, wait. Don't talk shit my Balls. I mean, my Bulls. http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2008

2nd in the league in attendance in the 2007-08 season, and they had a shitty 33-49 record. And they've been first or second every season since 2004-05 even with those mediocre teams coached by Scott Skiles and the Man, the Myth, the Legend Jim Boylan.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Your Bulls? Well Excuuuuuuse me .........With that said if they are champions good but in the end fans dont win nothing,players do.The most fans get is 1,2 or 3 days of joy after that back to real life realizing you didnt win the ring,your team did and they are not gonna call you and tell you Thanks !
Sorry to be this cold but thats how I see it.

bright lights, big city

cool story. but jeeeeez, you don't have to do me like that. you get pissed because I felt like arguing for the sake of arguing (and because you were wrong about something)? Sorry if I showed some passion towards my favorite team, and tried to throw some action into lifeless thread/board.

You're right, though. It is only sports. It's only minor entertainment in my meaningless life. Here, i have a gif that I've been meaning to use for you that seems to sum up our current situation. you should like it since you seem to like cats.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

ANYWAY ! MOVING ON !

"Cavaliers win draft lottery, will pick No. 1"

Shit

bright lights, big city

and they have the #4 pick, so a big opportunity to rebuild. Unlucky for them, though, since this draft class looks pretty crappy.
DERP

poofing acid

I just tried watching basketball.  So boring!  Such a soft sport.  "He hit my hand, FOUL!"  Fags.  Lebron just traveled and got called for it.  He had the dumbest look on his face.  Wouldn't mind throwing poop at him.

bright lights, big city

if you want there to be contact with no penalties, then you just have 10 dudes jerking each other off. THAT would be pretty gay.

but damn, the bulls couldn't hit anything tonight, even when they were wide open. and if haslem is back and can keep contributing like tonight... oh fuck.
DERP

Corleone

Raptors got fucked in the lottery... huh were going to suck for a long time, what else is new

bright lights, big city

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_thompson keep an eye out for this guy. he's got a big body, he's pretty good, and you never know how the "hometown-guy" scenario could play out.
DERP

Corleone

Yeah I've been following him, he's from my hometown. He's projected a little later than 5th, but I'd definitely consider him or even trade down get him.

deftones86

bright lights, big city

looks like a rematch of the 06 finals. and hopefully dallas gets some redemption.
DERP

black coffee

Really good fight by Dallas to come from behind ( again ) and clinch their spot in the Finals.

Miami is the favorite to join them, but for the excitement of the series, I prefer a Bulls win tonight.

bright lights, big city

I really thought both series would go 7 games. Disappointing that both young teams failed at this point, after cruising through 2 rounds. Part of the game though, all young stars go through tough playoff losses in their career before getting their glory.
DERP

bright lights, big city

Apparently Tim Donaghy came out of exile to referee that game. Utter. Bullshit.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Is so fucking funny when a team and its fans say they are champions before actually winning the trophy LOL Do not worry insert coin next year LOL
Dont get me wrong I hate Heat but the Bulls were overrated as shit this season,specially that motherfucker Noah.I wonder where he is now,probably crying @ with his mom.
Now I could care less but if I have to choose, I will go with Mavericks just for Nowitzki,he deserves a ring already.

elite54

explain how the bulls were overrated again?