Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Thank Jesus I was wrong about tonight! I don't think I've been so happy to see a team, other than my favorite team, win a championship.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftones86

Man it feels good when your team is a champion. and since it was against the heat that makes it just a little sweeter.

lukas989

Yeah that was ace :)  It kinda had a feeling of the equivalent of like if the Bulls got beat by Houston back in the day...but it actually happened.  Its aways great as a neutral to see the odds on take a nose dive. Heh heh.  But all the more sweet that that team had to wait so long to achieve it. 

bright lights, big city

it's amazing how Lebron refuses to keep his mouth shut.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Ricky Rubio is coming to America! Who's ready for a major letdown?
DERP

Corleone

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 17, 2011, 05:32 PM
Ricky Rubio is coming to America! Who's ready for a major letdown?

seriously though, from what I remember he was pretty good? Top ten in his draft? What about Flynn?

bright lights, big city

apparently Jonny Flynn averages 10 points per game. That's news to me, since the Wolves have been arguably the worst franchise in the league with him on the team. But with Rubio, from what I've read, the impression I get is that he's not really wanted on his own team. In his last Euroleague game, he got 3 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists. I thought everyone from Europe is good at offense.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

So my Spurs traded George Hill for Pick number 15 of the Indiana Pacers: Kawhi Leonard. I dont like that trade a lot = / I wish Parker or Duncan would have be traded.
I still keeping my hopes that we are gonna get Howard.

black coffee

The Lakers also need a Center and it appears they're looking out for Howard as well. And with Tyson Chandler there is another Center out there who's a free agent, for sure a lot of teams want to have one of these guys.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jun 28, 2011, 08:25 AM
So my Spurs traded George Hill for Pick number 15 of the Indiana Pacers: Kawhi Leonard. I dont like that trade a lot = / I wish Parker or Duncan would have be traded.
I really don't get that trade either. I thought Hill was supposed to be a big part of their future? At least it's the Spurs though, they have a history of making REALLY smart decisions.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 28, 2011, 04:55 PM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jun 28, 2011, 08:25 AM
I really don't get that trade either. I thought Hill was supposed to be a big part of their future? At least it's the Spurs though, they have a history of making REALLY smart decisions.

I hope you are right,I will eat my Spurs jersey if you are hehehehe.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

What is this thing about lockout?Whats going on?

black coffee

bright lights, big city

what a dick. this lockout is huge, though. I wouldn't be surprised if we miss a whole season. and this might be the absolute worst time for the NBA to have a work stoppage; there are so many popular storylines, up and coming teams, the heat being hated, and we just had the best finals in years.

I think the NFL one will be resolved within a month or so, but there's just no much shit that needs to change with the NBA and the players and owners are waaaay further apart from each other compared to the NFL.

at least I still got hockey.
DERP

black coffee

And I got NBA2K11. Been playing it a lot since last week, and damn that game is tough. CPU-opponents shoot like 99% if they go for three, hardly miss a pass and make steals all the time. But who's complaining here, if you're an ambitious player like me you will love this game. And if you want some arcade-like fun where you make easy shots all the time, then this game is probably not for you.

And I had to laugh so hard watching this, I know its old but still -

Steve Carell's "The Decision" - Spoofs LeBron James on the ESPY Awards (Uncut Version)

Kinda funny, LeBron gets so much bashing and all he did was change his team when he was a free agent.

bright lights, big city

it was also the way he did it, it's more complicated that just "ohh hey i'm just getting a big payday to play over here"
DERP

poofing acid

black coffee

Today I came across an interview with Dirk Nowitzki... about half a year old, but he had some interesting things to say.

For example, if Dwyane Wade and LeBron James had asked him to join Miami, he most likely would've said yes. But since they got an early agreement with Chris Bosh, it was clear that it was not going to happen.

Steve Nash, with whom he is befriended, wanted him to go to Phoenix, but after Stoudemire's departure, Nowitzki said he thought Dallas was the better team overall and thereby it doesn't make much sense for him to join the Suns.

He said he also had offers from the Bulls, Knicks, Clippers and Jets, but he felt like Dallas was the strongest team of those and he had faith in Mark Cuban to strengthen their rooster so they could win the championship one day.

Wise decision as we know ^_^

bright lights, big city

In the end he was loyal. Even if they didn't win, that deserves some respect.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Chris Paul,Andrew Jordan,Blake Griffin And Chancey Billups
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Im gonna have to start going more to the staples center!!!!! ^_^