Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

The Mavs looked good, but those were some heartbreaking losses to lose those close games.

Meanwhile the Bulls laid an egg in Game 2. Hate to break it to you, but both the Mavs and Bulls aren't likely to win the 1st round now.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

jbmp1390

Fucking lakers, I just do not understand why Denver can never beat them

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

deftones86

Coach Carlisle of the Mavs said they are going to take Shawn Marion off of Durant tonight and put him on Westbrook. If they really do that and Dirk is guarding Kevin, I see him droppin at least 40. Dirk cant run with him all night he'll be tired score 20 and Mav's go down 3. its not like OKC is running away with these. it came down to the last shot both times. its a really good series though. I just hope we get through this. I'm predicting a Spurs - Heat Finals though. and i'll be all in for the spurs at that point. Dont worry Texas will Keep Bron Bron from winning not 1 not 2 not 3 not 45678 championships.

bright lights, big city

I hope you're right about the Spurs. But why is Carlisle telling everyone what his gameplan for OKC's 2 stars is for tonight?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftones86

Really I think the Lakers are the only team that can stop them, and that's because Bynum is finally playing like baby Shaq. But for most of the teams in the Western conference they are so up and down that any of them could fall apart at any moment, that is except for the Spurs. They and the Heat are the most consistent teams in the NBA right now.  But for now i'm holding out hope that Jason Terry actually plays like he can in the fourth, but the Mavs just don't have the fire power they had last year. And it doesn't matter if Carlisle says who's covering who, that can change after one time out. if Durant  hits more than two consecutive shots in the first I bet they go back. I'll take my chances that Westbrook will have an off game rather than Kevin Durant.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

OKC just destroyed the Mavs O_o ! The image of the people on the middle seats leaving was sooo fucked up.Cuban was so disappointed.

bright lights, big city

They'll be back next year when they have Deron Williams.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Williams to Mavs? Mmmm I dunno about that.He would be a good addition in Clippers :D

bright lights, big city

you've got Chris Paul already. can't have everyone, brah.
DERP

Corleone

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on May 04, 2012, 09:43 AM
Williams to Mavs? Mmmm I dunno about that.He would be a good addition in Clippers :D

He would be stupid to not come to the Raptors, he could play well with with Amir Johnson.

deftones86

Deron Williams is from north Dallas he'll defiantly be a Maverick next year. Then Dwight Howard the next and the post Dirk transition will be complete, while still making the playoffs. I can live with that.

bright lights, big city

How about that nasty Joakim Noah ankle injury, and then the Philly crowd cheering the injury as he's screaming in pain. What great sports fans.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: jbmp1390 on May 03, 2012, 01:11 AM

You must be happy since last night man hehehe Lawson always giving troubles to the Lakers.Very good victory,also Faried did a pretty good job too.

jbmp1390

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 05, 2012, 06:09 PM
How about that nasty Joakim Noah ankle injury, and then the Philly crowd cheering the injury as he's screaming in pain. What great sports fans.

I know right. Those philly fans are just real winners. On a more positive note, for me at least, Nugs finally beat the lakers. And we've got another home game coming up. Very unhappy to see Bynum break Al Harrington's nose though. The lakers sure love those "Inadvertent" elbows.

jbmp1390

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on May 05, 2012, 09:26 PM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on May 03, 2012, 01:11 AM

You must be happy since last night man hehehe Lawson always giving troubles to the Lakers.Very good victory,also Faried did a pretty good job too.

Haha damn right!

bright lights, big city

DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Mavs are history,they were defeated in the last quarter after being up 13! The Mavs were a newspaper from yesterday these playoffs.Second champion to be wiped off on the first round,Heat experienced the same in 2007.
Clippers won by 1,once again thanks to CP3.They need to practice lots of FT and also Griffin needs to watch his ass due to many Technical fouls.
My Spurs won tonight but it took us until the second half of the game to do it.The first half was awful and Ginobili stills struggling.He was 0-8 on threes,however he made 10 assistances which is great.Monday last match,I hope so.

jbmp1390

bright lights, big city

Quote from: jbmp1390 on May 06, 2012, 10:27 PM
Fuck the 76ers and fuck their refs too.
THIS. This times a thousand. Unbelievable.
DERP

deftoolsys07

Quote from: deftones86 on May 05, 2012, 07:50 AM
Deron Williams is from north Dallas he'll defiantly be a Maverick next year. Then Dwight Howard the next and the post Dirk transition will be complete, while still making the playoffs. I can live with that.

This is exactly what I've been thinking... Oh well, bad year to be a mavs fan of course but there is always next year... I only bothered going to like one game this season... Ugh and then Rangers were fucking it up away in Cincinnati but that's for another thread...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/