Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftones86

we'll see if this is the year his body breaks down. J Kidds eventually did. In the words of Barkley "father time is undefeate".

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Kinda sad news for Frye from Phoenix.He is going to be sidelined indefinetily because of his heart is too big and that can fuck up his life.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I finished watching NY Knicks Vs Boston Celtics and it was a very entertaining game.The bench won it for NY thanks to Copeland who did a great game.Also my countryman Pablo Prigioni did some great passes.Cool to see NY ready for the season.

cesar421

The San Antonio Spurs are going to win their fifth NBA title this season.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: cesar421 on Oct 22, 2012, 09:57 AM

I truly hope so my friend!!!!!Long time fan of Spurs over here :D

Gee

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 22, 2012, 10:33 AM

Hell yeah. I got freaking frustrated during last season's play offs.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

bright lights, big city

At least you guys aren't in the East, but still... you got the Lakers and Thunder and event the Clippers. I wouldn't bet against them.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

cesar421

Quote from: Gee on Oct 22, 2012, 03:25 PM

i still can't get over the fact that we were 2-0 against OKC and they came back to won the series.

OKC is still the team to beat in the west, the Lakers are too old.

Mothman

I think Miami will eventually win the ring again, and it's not something that I would enjoy.

Quote from: cesar421 on Oct 23, 2012, 01:02 AM
I've heard that before a thousand times... OKC should be careful with old guys :/

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 22, 2012, 04:37 PM
At least you guys aren't in the East, but still... you got the Lakers and Thunder and event the Clippers. I wouldn't bet against them.
First Griffin has to learn how to play basketball lol
You move like I want to.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Gee

Quote from: cesar421 on Oct 23, 2012, 01:02 AM
Quote from: Gee on Oct 22, 2012, 03:25 PM

i still can't get over the fact that we were 2-0 against OKC and they came back to won the series.

The Spurs are getting old as well. After the whole seasons and their amazing series of wins they got tired and then OKC youth and energy came in. Let's see what happens this time, but the problem is, OKC can only get better...
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

cesar421

^Kawhi Leonard is going to be Durant's nightmare this season.

Saw the ESPN season preview and i hated that they didn't mentioned the spurs. Anyway, everyone has the Spurs under the radar but don't be surprise if you see them on the top three seeds in the west.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: cesar421 on Oct 25, 2012, 09:41 AM
^Kawhi Leonard is going to be Durant's nightmare this season.

Saw the ESPN season preview and i hated that they didn't mentioned the spurs. Anyway, everyone has the Spurs under the radar but don't be surprise if you see them on the top three seeds in the west.

As always we are always under the radar hehehe which is good,kinda like deftones :D
Clippers kicking ass tonight :D and looks like Lakers are gonna finish 0-8 though I know these are preseason games.
Of course I would be rooting for my countrymen in Suns (Scola), Rockets (Delfino) and Knicks (Prigioni)
Ads on the jerseys? I would be pissed off if that happens.

There Will Be Blood

no 0-8 preseason team has ever made it to the finals..... :) lollololol

bright lights, big city

Can't wait to see the Lakers, it's gonna be the story for the season. Will definitely a couple months them to mesh, just look at the first year Miami was together. Nash-Gasol will be lethal, all Dwight needs to do is dunk the ball and block shots. Then there's Kobe, who inevitably will get pissed off that he's not getting his 25 shots a game. Should be awesome. And that's without even talking about their 2nd unit, which is garbage.

How about we do some predictions here though? Here's my shocking/non-homer 1-8 seedings in each conference:
EAST
1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Atlanta
4. Indiana
5. New York (THIS is an old team - even compared to LA)
6. Brooklyn
7. Chicago
8. Milwaukee
WEST
1. OKC
2. San Antonio
3. Lakers
4. Denver
5. Memphis
6. Utah
7. Clippers
8. Portland (I wanted to put New Orleans because I'm all in on Unibrow, but I'm wussing out)
FINALS
Heat over Lakers
DERP

deftones86

Pshhhh Dallas will make the play offs before Portland or New Orleans. Your break down is invalid.

bright lights, big city

You must have a lot of stock in OJ Mayo. Plus, Dirk's hurt.
DERP

black coffee

The Mavs behind teams like Utah or Portland? No way man. Also everyone makes the Clippers stronger than they are, Billups is still injured and who do they have except for Paul and Griffin?

About the Mavs, not getting Deron sucked at first, but its probably better this way and I like the additions to the roster.
Kaman is a good player when hes fit, then theres good new options for the guard positions with Mayo and Collison.. next year in the draft they can go for the top free agents... Cuban did a good job if you ask me.

deftones86

Agreed. I really thought D.will was coming to Dallas. But they built a pretty good roster. Do I have fantasies of a finals appearance? No. Its not just Mayo. Kaman is probably the best offensive center the Mavs have ever had. Collison is quick and distributes the ball relatively well. What they bought themselves was time. If the don't land a big free agent next year its time to blow it up and go for the lottery. Dirks got about 2 maybe 3 years left in him. And im talking All Star caliber years. Dirks entire game is based on being nonathletic, but he'll always be able to shoot.  Utah & Portland out. And New Orleans shhhhit.

bright lights, big city

I hate preseason just as much as the next bro, but goddamn Lillard from Portland has looked incredible. And Anthony Davis is something special, especially paired with Eric Gordon. I really think New Orleans can reach about 35 wins at least.

And don't sleep on Utah. I'll give you guys my Portland pick, I was reaching a little on that, but I'm sticking with it. I'm just that low on the Big D. But Utah and Denver are gonna two fun young teams to watch this season.

Honestly though, after the top 3 seeds in each conference, I think there's a huge dropoff. Brooklyn can't play defense, NY is the oldest team ever, Bynum will probably miss half the year for Philly, Memphis might've missed their window sadly (although their frontcourt can still match up against anyone), and the Clippers are a huge question mark. I don't think CP3 even wants to be there, Grant Hill has some nagging injuries again, and they have zero low post defense. Del Negro's probably the first coach to get fired.
DERP