Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Dec 24, 2012, 06:14 PM
I didn't watch it so I'll just pretend it didn't happen.
hahaha that's the spirit
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftoolsys07

Dirk was in the game from what I hear? I haven't looked it up or anything... I don't get Fox Sports Southwest so I can't watch the games anymore unless they're on TNT which is only like 5 times a year...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

bright lights, big city

yeah he played 20 minutes and had a -23.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftoolsys07

Wow I just watched the recap... We really did get blown out...

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Clippers 15th victory in a row holy shit.Killing everyone in the way hehehehe.Very glad for my Spurs too :) but Clippers shiiiit playing like clockwork.

bright lights, big city

DERP

deftones86

God I hate the heat. The nba champ needs to come out of the west.

Corleone

Ughh I hate every team in the NBA besides the Thunder, Bulls and Knicks.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Lots of troubles in the Lakers bench. Someone said that Dwight and Kobe almost get into a fight.Kobe said that Dwight is too soft and his partners had to stop him from kicking Kobe's ass.Looks like Gasol and Dwight are going to be gone for a couple of weeks.
What a weird night uh? My Spurs against Hornets which is pathetic and OKC lost with Wizards.

bright lights, big city

They're screwed unless they make a trade, and I doubt that'll happen. We're close to basically making 2 locks at this point though - the Lakers and Mavs (and the T'Wolves too probably) are missing the playoffs this year. And remember when I predicted the Hornets would be around 8th or 9th place?
DERP

deftones86

Mavs shooting for the lottery. Its hard to watch. Knowing we could still have Tyson Chandler.

bright lights, big city

They may have been broken up a couple years too early, but still if I was Cuban I was probably would've done the same thing. Who knew Kidd would be able to throw up 3's like he is now.
DERP

deftoolsys07

Chandler was a great asset... Everyone on that '10-'11 team was. What a great year for the Mavs that was. From what I understand Cuban's deal was that he was going to get rid of some players so that not this season (obviously) but maybe next year or two we will be able to get some much better players... We will have to trust his decision. I love Mark as a person and an owner and I'm just going to have faith that he knows what he's doing... And Kidd always was a big 3 shooter, he just had on/off nights. When he was on he was ON, it just wasn't consistent.

Speaking of which, y'all remember this classic game from mentioned playoffs? Mavs swept the Lakers and on the 4th game Terry was dropping 3's like bags of hot shit. I was very happy on this day...

Lakers vs. Mavericks Game 4: Jason Terry hits 9 three-pointers, ties NBA Playoffs record (5.7.11)

Jason Terry reveals the reason he made 9 threes (Funny)

black coffee

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 08, 2013, 09:48 PM
Chandler was a great asset... Everyone on that '10-'11 team was. What a great year for the Mavs that was.

coolest roster I can imagine. Barea, Stevenson, Chandler, Marion, Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Stojakovic... its like for each position they had at least 2 great guys, and now I just wished they had a good starting 5, but not even that is the case. Too bad for Dirk, but the guy got his ring and honestly he's probably not gonna leave the Mavs.

Imagine him playing for another team, humiliating the Mavs in American Airlines Center..

deftoolsys07

Quote from: black coffee on Jan 08, 2013, 11:06 PM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 08, 2013, 09:48 PM
Chandler was a great asset... Everyone on that '10-'11 team was. What a great year for the Mavs that was.

coolest roster I can imagine. Barea, Stevenson, Chandler, Marion, Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Stojakovic... its like for each position they had at least 2 great guys, and now I just wished they had a good starting 5, but not even that is the case. Too bad for Dirk, but the guy got his ring and honestly he's probably not gonna leave the Mavs.

Imagine him playing for another team, humiliating the Mavs in American Airlines Center..

Haha that would NEVER happen! I'm sure Dirk will stay in Dallas the rest of his career...

bright lights, big city

Yeah i see him as a lifer in the big D. And he is 34. Maybe he only have a couple more seasons left in him anyway?
DERP

black coffee

Contract runs out in 2014, I don't see him retiring then if he's healthy and still enjoying the game. In a German interview he said he wants to finish his career in Dallas but wants to reach the playoffs next season, and for that he needs a competitive team.

bright lights, big city

DERP

deftoolsys07

I've been reading a couple articles from the last couple days where Dirk is saying he will definitely not play for another team and that he WILL retire from Dallas. I think the latest one I read was that he laughed at the idea of playing with the Lakers...

jbmp1390

That's awesome. Nice to see that he has that kind of integrity. It would be weird to see him playing for the lakers in my opinion. But I don't like anything about the lakers in general lol. On another note, glad to see the Nuggets having a pretty good season so far. They beat Golden State which is great. We needed something like that from a Colorado team after the way the cocksucking Broncos embarassed our state yesterday.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?