Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

At least you can hang your hat on the fact the Broncos went out in maybe the greatest football game I've ever seen. Seriously, into the 5th hour of that game, I didn't want it to end.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

that's pretty terrible. What amazes me is that he continued to play 2 overtimes, then did a shootaround the next day, and was gonna start the following day. What a baller. Kind of like how he played after Wade broke his fucking elbow in the playoffs.

But this is the end for Boston right? They kind of have to blow it now I think.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

So mid-season almost here and once again Spurs on top ^_^ I couldnt be happier. Lakers once again lost and once again Howard injured with 6:47 from the beginning of the game.I wonder when are the Lakers gonna get rid of him,otherwise they are gonna hear "Howard will have shoulder surgery and miss the rest of the season". I still remembering ESPN's frontcover "Now this is gonna be fun,Lakeshow is back!" Hahahahaha good one ESPN!

bright lights, big city

Mike D'Antoni is hilarious, he's turned the team into the laughing stock of the league.

To be fair, things would be completely different if Mike Brown was still coaching. They would've actually been playing defense for the last 2 months instead of the last 2 games. Seriously, if someone can't even lift their arm, why are they playing like 5 days later? And Earl Clark starting over Pau? Really? I hope Pau is the one that gets traded, D'Antoni doesn't deserve him.
DERP

Corleone

First game with Rudy Gay in the line up, first time I've wanted to watch Raptors since Bosh left. Can't wait for the game against the Knicks later this month, got tickets for christmas.

samson simpson

the only good thing about the Raptors is the 3D mindfuck that is their baseline logo

Rozen is awesome though and Im sure Rudy (along with some off season changes) will make them a playoff team next year..shit they might make it this year knowing how weak the East is

and that jam by Kobe was awesome last night

RoyalDeftonicBoy

To think that I didnt know what to wait these last 2 games from my Spurs but holy shit! Great victory against Nets and most amazing victory tonight against Bulls and without Parker,Duncan and Ginobili ! Khawi Leonard was a beast! Great victory on a difficult court. We still going strong 41-12! :D Also Clippers' victory was great and the dunk of the night was for Griffin with that hand change in the air.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

RIP Jerry Buss

Kinda sucks he had to see his team playing so very shitty.Clippers destroyed them on Thursday and I was so happy :) CP3 plans to sign with Clippers again,so many Lakers fans can forget about the duo Howard-CP3-Bryant.

bright lights, big city

Buss was a great owner. I think he and Reinsdorf (had to look it up today, had no idea he's 77) are the 2 best old school owners in the league. Buss really played a big role creating those Showtime teams, and I loved how Magic (definitely one of my faves) thought of him as a 2nd father. Really emphasized the relationship players used to have with the front office that you don't see anymore, except for some of the good newer owners like Cuban and the guy from the Spurs.

Is Howard going to even stay in LA? This week should be awesome with the trade deadline on Thursday. I can see D12 getting dealt honestly, and who knows what the Hawks and Nets will do. They both seem to want to make some trade for Dwight or someone else.

Bulls-Heat and Clips-Spurs this Thursday, looking forward to watching a lot of hoops in addition to my usual college basketball watching.
DERP

samson simpson

feeling bad for Dwight

his PR team is probably up there with the worst ever...lol it all went 2 shit after that Orlando practice where Van Gundy owned him and the whole " Ill stay ..but I wont" ordeal..I could only imagine the shit he hears from Kobe behind closed doors

and gotdamnit the Clippers are fucking cheaters on 2k13

bright lights, big city

STREAK OVER IN THE HOUSE THAT MICHAEL BUILT!
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

About thime that fucking streak is over,ESPN was all over James' balls.We got it,he is good enough is enough shit......
What a victory for my Spurs tonight against Clippers.It is amazing how great is Duncan playing nearing his 40s,also he is been putting 30 points and 12+ rebounds the last couple games.Utah won tonight and that means they are number 8 and not that other L.A team which Im glad.

deftoolsys07

So the one Mavs game I got to watch this season didn't impress me a whole lot... If there was one game we needed to win all season it was last night against the Lakers... Fuck!
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

bright lights, big city

DERP

deftoolsys07

Dwight Howard also travelled last night but instead of getting called on that, I think we (Mavs) got a foul... I really hate that shit how even the commentators will watch the replay and say "Yeah, look at that, definitely traveled" or "Yeah that was an obvious foul" but the refs can't go back and justify it..
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

bright lights, big city

Refs in pretty much all sports aren't accountable for anything. Unless they actually get caught betting on games. Because there are NBA guys like Ken Mauer and Steve Javie (those are just 2 that I know of) that have been convicted of tax evasion and served time.

And then there's also this recent issue: http://deadspin.com/pac-12-head-of-officials-investigated-for-bribing-offic-464911461
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Lakers no POs means less money for Stern.
Also did anyone check out the way Miami beat my Spurs? Did any of you see that last stupid call by the refs? I know my Spurs arent playing championship style but come on they gave away that game to the Heat.Above all that rat face Bosh with his face all over my 57 HD TV,ugh so fucking awful.My cousin was so crying beacuse of the defeat and Bosh's face.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 27, 2012, 10:36 AM
How about we do some predictions here though? Here's my shocking/non-homer 1-8 seedings in each conference:
EAST
1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Atlanta
4. Indiana
5. New York (THIS is an old team - even compared to LA)
6. Brooklyn
7. Chicago
8. Milwaukee
WEST
1. OKC
2. San Antonio
3. Lakers
4. Denver
5. Memphis
6. Utah
7. Clippers
8. Portland (I wanted to put New Orleans because I'm all in on Unibrow, but I'm wussing out)
FINALS
Heat over Lakers
Not too bad predictions, but whoo boy, was I wrong with the Lakers... my pick for Utah making the playoffs is sooo close though.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

After playing like 10 games with 48 minutes,Kobe's total was tonight when he broke his Achilles tendon. I dont wish that to no one but I gotta ask, who is guilty of this Kobe or D'Antoni?