Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Don't think you can blame Kobe - he's been their only hope and the only reason they'll probably make the playoffs. Kind of a freak injury too.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

It is so funny how all the pieces fit for this fucking Lakers to be on the playoffs,not to mention my Spurs played like shit against them.
Last game of the season and lucky me scored some tickets for me and my gf tonight! :D See you later guys
Oh by the way,Spurs signed Tracy McGrady for real? :S

RoyalDeftonicBoy

So....the most pathetic piece of shit team made it to the finals and are lucky enough to skip OKC? What a piece of shit team.
Im fuming over here LOL I wont say nothing else Im out of this thread for tonight at least.

bright lights, big city

It is a load of shit, the conspiracy theorist in me says this was rigged, haha. But at least we get Houston/OKC in round 1. That should be an epic shootout of a series and an interesting homecoming for Harden.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

So the Nuggets lie is over uh? Spurs-Warriors on Monday and it is gonna be tough. Brooklyn really wants this series and beat the Bulls at their home, will it happen the same on the OKC-Rockets match? I really hope so because Im tired of watching Durant on the FTs line even if someone looks with anger at him. Very hard fought phase of the playoffs this first one. Can Clippers force a 7th game tomorrow against Memphis? Will Knicks finish Celtics off? I truly hope so.

black coffee

Most first round ties are very even and could go the distance.
But vice versa I could also say that aside from the Heat and Spurs, no team has been too convincing in the Playoffs this far.

few examples:

Bulls could have clinched the series at home to go 4:2, they choked. Winner of game 7 has to play a well rested Miami Heat. Now what is going to happen there.

The Knicks also lost their last home game, now a seventh game isn't too unlikely.

Just saying it would've been nice to have at least one team in the Eastern Conference that is able to challenge the Heat in the Playoffs.

bright lights, big city

There is a reason the Bulls "choked". Half their team is injured and the other half has the flu. Unbelievable. The one healthy guy was Boozer and this should have been his game... and he fouled out.

What I find amazing is that they actually had chances to win and Thibodeau actually had them believing they could win. The Bulls really had no business being within 3 points at the end.

Glad the Warriors won though. Kind of a tortured franchise, it's good to see them move on but it should be tough score 130 against the Spurs.
DERP

bright lights, big city

the Clippers... now THAT's a fucking choke job.
DERP

black coffee

Nobody cares for your division title if you lose in the first round of Playoffs. What a fucking overrated center DeAndre Jordan is, Billups a shadow of his former self, no answers whatsoever against the big guys Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph.
These guys are no championship team, Chris Paul knows that and thats why he's gonna leave the Clippers. I heard the Mavericks could need a point guard ;)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: black coffee on May 05, 2013, 05:30 PM
Nobody cares for your division title if you lose in the first round of Playoffs. What a fucking overrated center DeAndre Jordan is, Billups a shadow of his former self, no answers whatsoever against the big guys Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph.
These guys are no championship team, Chris Paul knows that and thats why he's gonna leave the Clippers. I heard the Mavericks could need a point guard ;)
Also, is Vinny Del Negro probably the worst coach is the league? What a disaster of the team this turned out to be.

Really interesting offseason ahead of us with D12 and Paul. It's kind of obvious Griffin/Jordan don't get along with Paul, so I really could see him moving on. Dallas could make out like bandits once free agency starts.
DERP

bright lights, big city

amazing win even if the Heat were a little rusty. To overcome no Hinrich, Deng, etc and still win made losing this series worth it. Really don't care if they lose 4 in a row now.

Unless Rose comes back...
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 07, 2013, 07:20 AM
amazing win even if the Heat were a little rusty. To overcome no Hinrich, Deng, etc and still win made losing this series worth it. Really don't care if they lose 4 in a row now.

Unless Rose comes back...

I was surprised by Bulls' victory on Monday.Very happy with the victory of my Spurs,but lots to fix and we gotta think a way to stop that kid Curry that is playing like a beast.
Knicks came back tonight and won and Memphis stole one from OKC and now it shifts back to Memphis where OKC its gonna feel that crowd.

bright lights, big city

DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Didnt expect that awful gameplay by Spurs and know in my opinion they are done. It is gonna be difficult to turn this around in Oakland. Miami revived but the image of the night was this http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/filomena-tobias-angry-heat-fan-gave-joakim-noah-183142849.html What a bad image for the Heat fans,then again they are all that way.

bright lights, big city

DERP

SwerveCityUSA

I hate the nba. How impressive is it to watch tall motherfuckers dunk? shaq didn't even have to jump, and furthermore, he fucking sucked at the actual athletics of the game, but his mass, even the fatter he got, made him even better. just stand they're dummy they say, and will pay you. I use to love him when he was a rookie and tore that rim down and shattered the glass, that was cool. but fuck the nba, least impressive use of steroids ever. plus tall dudes needed an outlet in this world, and there they go I guess.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

bright lights, big city

DERP

SwerveCityUSA

I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Gee

What's happening to DeftonicBoy the Spurs are on a roll 3 to zero and he's not even mentionning it !

Seriously, Parker is the man. Not mentionning Duncan. The gigantic respect I got for these two...
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Gee on May 26, 2013, 09:44 PM
What's happening to DeftonicBoy the Spurs are on a roll 3 to zero and he's not even mentionning it !

Seriously, Parker is the man. Not mentionning Duncan. The gigantic respect I got for these two...

Well I dont wanna jinx it LOL but believe me when I tell you that I wore my Spurs jersey here in California gladly :D One last game tomorrow night and we are on the finals. As Pop said it last night "We take it game by game, there is no future, no past just this next 4th game" :D Duncan did great on the OTs. I love how Magic Johnson keeps saying that Memphis has "chance". Its all good, these ESPN analysts hate my Spurs but its all good we dont give a shit. Please do not forget Manu Ginobili and his big game last night with 19 points.