Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gee

Way to go Ginobili...finally !!! What a game. MVP definitely.

And Parker/Duncan/Green...wow. Even Splinter was in a good night ! (and that is saying something).
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Hank

This is the weirdest Finals Iv'e ever kept up with. Really seems like certain players just lay down to keep it going to the probable 7.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Hank on Jun 18, 2013, 05:04 AM
This is the weirdest Finals Iv'e ever kept up with. Really seems like certain players just lay down to keep it going to the probable 7.

Agreed, definitely an odd, unpredictable series. I think it's safe to assume this thing is going 7 with the way the Heat have responded after every loss (and the refs *cough*cough*).
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

SwerveCityUSA

I believe all professional sports are marketed with every improbability in mind these days. I believe before the year begins they pick the winners and write the script. cha ching. tiger didn't do it, they just needed to slow him down from snead and jack's oh so precious records.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Gee

Unbearable tension last night. Really thought the Spurs had it all wrapped up like a dozen times throughout the game. So disappointed.

bright lights, big city

it sure was nice of the refs to swallow their whistles when Manu drove the lane at the end and got destroyed.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Hank

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 19, 2013, 10:15 PM
it sure was nice of the refs to swallow their whistles when Manu drove the lane at the end and got destroyed.

Yea. I can accept the outcome of last night though. Series would have been over if 1 set of free throws and 1 big rebound was made by the Spurs before the end of regulation.

Good game overall.

bright lights, big city

In the last 30 postseasons, home teams are a combined 17-2 in Game 7s in the Conference Finals and NBA Finals. Fuuuuuuck.
DERP

Hank

lol

and last time it happened in the Finals was in the late 70's.

Hank

Lebron is a fucking crybaby. I don't see how anyone can respect how this guy goes about how he carries himself on the court. He seems like a cool cat off the court but a "superstar" shouldn't have to make it so obvious that a call was missed like he does after every time he thinks one is. That's why I can't respect this dude or whatever he has done ( or will do ) in the NBA.

I mean, even Jordan used to complain to the refs a lot but he knew how to do it without looking like a fucking 4 year old who got something done to him when nobody was looking. It's halftime and I'm disgusted with this dude and I'm glad someone who usually doesn't react to things made a point to tell him to quit bitching. Good for you Tony Parker.

I mean It's become so routine he even doesn't get back on defense half the time after he cries. PATHETIC. Kobe even learned from Mike how to do it in a subtle way without coming off as a bitch and keep playing regardless.

Tony Parker got the shit fouled out of him twice in the 2nd quarter with no call whatsoever and got up and just kept playing and waited until a dead ball to air out his feelings.

It's sad this dude Lebron gets so much praise . I tried to really respect this dudes game but I can't even TRY anymore.

bright lights, big city

You took the words right out of my mouth

DERP

Hank

Well the fix seems to be in now.

Horrible calls so far early in this 4th.

great game .

Timmy had it.

fuck.

Batteir came up big and Lebron did hit the shot despite his bitch made ways.

another one for the bad guys

bright lights, big city

It's amazing how classy Pop and the Spurs are. Even if it's towards The Bitch, The Fake Injury Guy, The Giraffe, The Flopper, The Smug Asshole, The Cokehead, The Supernintendo Chalmers, The Assistant Coach Who Acts like the 12th Man on the Bench, The 12th Man on the Bench From Michigan Who Doesn't Deserve To Win Let Alone Even Be On the Fucking Court, The House Party Guy, The One Cool Guy, and so on and so on...

Yes I have nicknames for everyone.
DERP

Hank

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 21, 2013, 07:00 AM
It's amazing how classy Pop and the Spurs are. Even if it's towards The Bitch, The Fake Injury Guy, The Giraffe, The Flopper, The Smug Asshole, The Cokehead, The Supernintendo Chalmers, The Assistant Coach Who Acts like the 12th Man on the Bench, The 12th Man on the Bench From Michigan Who Doesn't Deserve To Win Let Alone Even Be On the Fucking Court, The House Party Guy, The One Cool Guy, and so on and so on...

Yes I have nicknames for everyone.

Yea bro

Has upset as I was at the outcome and how the Heat and their Superstar carry their actions on the court, it was so cool to see that. It gave me gooseflesh to see how they handled that. The Heat did a good job to of showing respect. The only thing "great"  they seemed to do the whole season.

I hope Tim does't call it quits. Man, he has the heart of a fucking champ. 1 MORE TIME!

and yea that ostrich looking taking champagne bottle spray to the face mouthpiece chewing abomination they start as a PF for the Heat should be outta there next season. He fucking didn't contribute shit.

$purs = FUCKING CLASS

RoyalDeftonicBoy

We lost it on Game 6. Didnt even watched last night.
End of and era,sadly against the most overrated team on the NBA but that is what that jewish asshole wants.
I can not wait for the 6 hours special Heat championship.
Lucky me, my Directv took off the NBA channel. Just in time.

deftoolsys07

Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

bright lights, big city

DERP

Gee

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jun 22, 2013, 02:38 AM
We lost it on Game 6. Didnt even watched last night.
End of and era,sadly against the most overrated team on the NBA but that is what that jewish asshole wants.
I can not wait for the 6 hours special Heat championship.
Lucky me, my Directv took off the NBA channel. Just in time.

Don't be that guy man. What you said was completely beyond the line.

Your team lost, big deal. It sports man, get over it. And believe me I was completely crushed after game 6 and those goddamn 28seconds, and then here came game 7 and Duncan miss and then I just wanted to kill myself ha ha.

The Spurs played with class, lost with class, they are freakin legends -and I don't care what everybody says about Ginobili, with 18 something points and numerous assists he was there in game 7 when Parker was not.

Even if it bums me to say it the Heat were just better over the end of the series. Better stamina I guess. At the end of the day you just have to recognize talent - James pisses me off when he cries after each small foul, but the dude, is an incredible player. I tend to prefer Wade though, more class I think. Overall the Heat does have a couple of incredible players; combined with a solid bench and physical endurance. They won, they deserved it, end of story.

This being said I'm so glad to see that Duncan will play for another year, and I'm eager to see Parker and Diaw -what talent that guy pulled off during the second part of the series !- play for the french team after a long deserved vacation.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Gee on Jun 22, 2013, 01:33 PM
Even if it bums me to say it the Heat were just better over the end of the series.
I actually wouldn't go that far. Yeah they won, blah blah.... But the Spurs won 4 games. Blame dumb fucking luck or even a coaching decision, but the Spurs won game 6. If Duncan is out there, Spurs win.

What really aggravates me is that you could say the same for the Pacers/Heat. The Pacers won 4 of 7. If Vogel has Hibbert on the game in Game 1, the Pacers win. That's probably how I'm going to remember these playoffs. The way Miami played, especially with their roster, they had no business even being in the Finals.
DERP

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 22, 2013, 04:46 PM
Quote from: Gee on Jun 22, 2013, 01:33 PM
Even if it bums me to say it the Heat were just better over the end of the series.
I actually wouldn't go that far. Yeah they won, blah blah.... But the Spurs won 4 games. Blame dumb fucking luck or even a coaching decision, but the Spurs won game 6. If Duncan is out there, Spurs win.

What really aggravates me is that you could say the same for the Pacers/Heat. The Pacers won 4 of 7. If Vogel has Hibbert on the game in Game 1, the Pacers win. That's probably how I'm going to remember these playoffs. The way Miami played, especially with their roster, they had no business even being in the Finals.

I get what you're saying but at the end of the day you have to see the whole picture. Players, strategy, coaching, and luck, which is a part of it. The heat got it all, the Spurs lacked luck for sure on a couple of actions and honestly, what the hell was Green doing on the field for 75% of game 7 ? After the 1st quarter I would have kicked him out. I would have left Diaw on the field all-the-time. Lebron couldn't do shit when he was there. Honestly, bad coaching on the last 2 games, especially the last one. But dude, it's done. Yeah, what if Duncan would've been there at the end of game 6. What if Parker didn't injure his thigh during game 3, what if Ginobili hadn't lost all these balls during game 6, etc, etc.

They are both great teams. I am obviously a Spurs fan, but like I said, you got to recognize talent when you see it. Right nowt he Heat has got plenty, and luck was on their side. That's it.

It was still an amazing series and I'm really glad I slept like 3 hours a night for the last 2 weeks to follow them  :)