Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gee

The Nets are destroying the Sixers right now. I really think they can cause trouble for the Heat this season. Along with Indiana. All this considering that the Bulls situation is pretty uncertain so far.

Spurs - Nuggets. Hoping they do better than their last game against the Suns.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

bright lights, big city

I have faith the Bulls will be right there with Indy-NJ-Miami this year. Thibs won't let them be mediocre, and I actually do think adding Dunleavy will be huge, especially if everyone stays healthy (a big question mark with Rose already skipping a game and Noah already sore).
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Hank

RoyalDeftonicBoy

ROFLMAO That gif image hahahahahaha!!!!!!  I cant imagine that dude's reaction.
My NBA League Pass already ordered last Monday :D 13 days and is back!
Spurs waived Maggette and that means he is retiring, like he said on a recent interview.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Allen Iverson is retiring :/ Very awesome player to watch, sad to see him go.
Got my first season tickets for Clippers-Grizzlies next month, I cant wait!

Gee

So last night was disappointing. I know its preseason and everything, but I would have actually enjoyed to watch the Spurs play . Parker, 0pts in 18mns, evaluation -18 ? I'm a huge fan of the guy, but come on man. De Colo is in trouble as well. On the other hand, Ginobili's game has been reassuring lately.

Can't wait for the Heat-Bulls clash on the 29th.

Hank

I really think the Bulls have a shot to overtake the Heat this year. If they don't catch the injury wave again and the ref's actually call the games somewhat fair( like they did in the finals) it could happen.

They did pretty good in the playoffs against them despite being obliterated by injuries. So I can only imagine with the experience the remaining guys on the team have from last year and all of them being healthy ...It could happen. Not to mention D. Rose is looking like he has developed a consistent mid range jumper and hasn't lost a step and looks more explosive than ever. I really root for that guy.
Already got my tickets for the Bulls game here vs. the Pelicans.

I also really hope they prove this cornball wrong
Big Words From Lebron James: "We Here To 3-Peat.. What Else We Here To Do" ✮...
dudes a fucking front runner and although I will never deny his greatness, he is the lamest "superstar" that has ever been a part of professional sports.I have no faith in any other team in the east even coming close to beating the Heat though( Brooklyn) besides Chicago.

final note:  Pelicans will be the 6th-8th seed in the west.
BOOK IT.

bright lights, big city

good god I hope you're right man. The joke right now around here is that they've basically locked up the pre-season title at least.

Only problem is that they already have some injuries. Noah's got a groin problem (hey just like Jay Cutler!) and according to Thibodeau his conditioning is "terrible". Plus Hinrich has a concussion and is supposed to be out awhile. Definitely need Boozer to continue his scoring like last year, and Jimmy Buckets to continue improving.
DERP

Hank

Noah's 100 it sounds like heading into the season so lets hope he's atleast 65-70 when it starts to count  ;D

Really am excited about this season for some reason. I think this season will be very interesting and one of the best and most competitive we have had in a while.

CANT WAIT

bright lights, big city

Been watching Grantland's daily countdown, here are all the videos:
http://www.grantland.com/nbapreview2013

Bill Simmons may have just jinxed the Bulls though, by putting them #1.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Spurs signed Josh Howard and they sent him to the D-League inmediately.
Nice night to watch Lakers-Clippers.

Gee

Bulls-heat.

Are the referees drunk?

Then again, it's true that the guys from the heat bruise easily.

bright lights, big city

Joey Crawford is the main ref, that's all we really need to know, haha.

That said, besides Boozer, the Bulls look god-awful on offense.
DERP

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 30, 2013, 04:08 AM
Joey Crawford is the main ref, that's all we really need to know, haha.

That said, besides Boozer, the Bulls look god-awful on offense.

Yeah that guy must be the only one having ever ejected Tim Duncan off the court...

And I agree the Bulls looked really bad tonight, it was painful to watch them sruggle like that. Defense was a joke as well.

Nice come back though. When they were done by 25 I really thought they would get humiliated, but they eventually still managed to make it a 8 pts game, only too late.

Hank

OKAY...none of yall have nothing to say ?

This season is nuts so far...I know it's early but it's the first season I have the NBA pass on my phone and all that other shit but its fucking awesome....

don't sleep on Minnesota

bright lights, big city

What's taking so long for some teams to start tanking? Makes me happy to see the Atlantic doing so shitty.

Hopefully Minnesota can make a run on OKC, or at least keep up with them in that division. Portland will cool off enough soon, so I don't think they're a problem. But yeah, damn, if Minny is good, I guess that means they ain't trading Love anytime soon...
DERP

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 19, 2013, 03:31 PM
Hopefully Minnesota can make a run on OKC, or at least keep up with them in that division. Portland will cool off enough soon, so I don't think they're a problem.

I hope they don't !  I think them reaching the playoffs seems obvious today (unless they start facing injuries) and I'd really like to see them going as far as possible.

Tonight Wizards against the wolves ! Hope Wall and Beal will show their best, and Nene will definitely have a lot of work in the paint.

PS: Brooklyn is a joke. But everybody knows that, I guess.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Gee on Nov 20, 2013, 12:21 AM
I love this. I'd be happy if they and Knicks finish at the bottom of the Atlantic.
DERP

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 20, 2013, 12:33 AM
Quote from: Gee on Nov 20, 2013, 12:21 AM
I love this. I'd be happy if they and Knicks finish at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Aww the Knicks. At least I have some sympathy for them. Melo is kind of a drama queen, but I kind of like him anyway. Probably his constant smiling. Bargnani, on the other hand...