Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The NBA (basketball) Thread (its faaaaantastic)

Started by goldpony, Nov 01, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gee

and...

Enough said.

P.S: so disappointed for the Knicks. They deserved to win. Especially against the cocky-heatwannabe Pacers.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

RoyalDeftonicBoy

So far very interesting season. Very happy for Spurs, though I see Duncan is not having a great shooting at the beginning of the season, I hope he takes the elixir he always does hehehehe. I dont see Manu a lot active either :\ but I see a great improvement of Diaw which is great. I wonder when Josh Howard is gonna come back from D-League. Very happy for Clippers too though kinda sucked they lost when I went to see them last monday against Grizzlies LOL CP3 has 12 games with more than 10 points and assists and passed Magic Johnson's record of 11. Blazers are for real and so far they are doing pretty great too. Poor Knicks and Pacers is legit.

bright lights, big city

Hey I hate Indiana just as much as anyone, but I respect them now. I like their coach, they got rid Hansbrough, how can you not like Paul George? Yet they are in a shitty state and I hate almost everything about it. But when it comes to the NBA, and Heat-Pacers...Pacers all the way.

They're more legit than the Bulls at this point too.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 22, 2013, 04:11 AM
Hey I hate Indiana just as much as anyone, but I respect them now. I like their coach, they got rid Hansbrough, how can you not like Paul George? Yet they are in a shitty state and I hate almost everything about it. But when it comes to the NBA, and Heat-Pacers...Pacers all the way.

They're more legit than the Bulls at this point too.

Yeah I actually like their coach more than the players themselves, although I have respect for David West. But I litterally can't stand George or Hibbert. It's an attitude thing because obviously as players they are beasts.

As for the bulls, let's give them some time. Deng and Boozer (THE man) are already right in there. Hinrich has his moments as well. Noah has been surprisingly bad in scoring which is a disapointment, as for Rose...let's give him some time. He should have kept his mouth shut before the season started though.

Btw I really think Washington can do something this season. I'm seeing them in the playoffs if not in the top 5 (now that the Brooklyn spot just opened up haha).

bright lights, big city

The Bulls are my team, so I hope you're right. Sucks that their annual long road trip just started and Butler will miss the whole thing. His absence showed last night. And Deng was bad (he's been really inconsistent so far).

And agreed on Washington. There are so many average teams in the East after the top 3. I thought the Nets and Knicks would easily be up there in the 4-5 range, but it's still early. I also liked Detroit and Cleveland to maybe crack the playoffs, but they've been disappointing too.

Someone's gotta make the playoffs, haha, but so far it ain't pretty after the Pacers-Heat-Bulls. Hey maybe the Bobcats will make it!
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 22, 2013, 07:12 PM
Hey maybe the Bobcats will make it!

Ha ha ! Was reading something about them saying that they have one of the best defenses in the league (7th this season), it just that they suck.so.much.offensively. And yeah generally the East level has been much weaker that the West so far :

East: Toronto being ranked 5 (lol) with 46% wins.
West: Minnessota 8 with 57% !

Spurs on a 11-1 ratio. Soon to be 13-1, unless they lose to Cleveland and then the Pelicans ?

Very bad night for the knees in the NBA. Really hoping Rose will be ok.

bright lights, big city

We find out tonight officially after his MRI, but it obviously doesn't look good.  Hope it's somehow only a sprain and not another torn ACL. I don't know whether to laugh or cry - this is like some cruel joke.
DERP

Gee

bright lights, big city

DERP

elite54

They need to trade Deng and maybe amnesty Boozer. They have Charlottes pick and probably a lottery pick of their own. I hope Rose can return to greatness at some point. The meniscus isn't that big of a deal, but we will see.

bright lights, big city

They also have Nikola Mirotic in the Euroleague, who a lot of people think is going to be good. But yeah, I actually hope they tank (losing to Utah tonight is a start!) because they need some new, young blood, and next year's draft will be legendary.
DERP

Hank

Gee

Good to see the Spurs win against a good team, finally -even though the Wolves are no Clippers or Thunder.

Big 3 -4 ?- at his peak.

Maginobili...

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Im very happy for my Spurs but, we gotta beat one of the stronger teams like OKC or even those fucking cocky Blazers. I hope they win next Saturday against OKC, that if the refs dont give baby Durant and cocky mouth Westrook a total of 50 FTs.

bright lights, big city

I for one am really happy Portland is finally good again. Seem like some of the best fans, and Lillard is awesome. Like a young CP3.
DERP

bright lights, big city

Sad to see Luol Dangerous be traded, but it was necessary. He probably instantly makes the Cavs a playoff team.
DERP

deftoolsys07

Happy to see my Dallas Mavs taking care of shit on the court, like the other night against the Knicks.......... fucking ridiculous... Man I wish we had our 2011 championship team still....
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

RoyalDeftonicBoy

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2014/01/09/blake-griffin-dunks-triple-comparison-010814.nba/index.html?ls=nbahpsplit1

I jumped through the roof when I saw this, RIP Humphries. What bestial dunk.
Spurs doing their thing and buried Mavs without Manu that was out, I gotta say the night before we were sloppy and almost lost it.
Today good win for the Knicks against Stern's favorite team the Heat and also Bledsoe is gonna have Knee surgery out indefinitely what a bad blowout for the Suns.
I hope Nuggets win tonight OKC, but as Im watching iI dont think they will because every fucking time Durant looks at the refs is a FTs. SMH
Going to Mavs-Clippers next wednesday and I cant wait :D

deftoolsys07

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jan 10, 2014, 06:24 AM
Going to Mavs-Clippers next wednesday and I cant wait :D

Man what a fucking game that was... Terrible way for the Mavs to lose... What was the deal with Griffin all night? Seems like he was on edge and starting shit...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

bright lights, big city

Definitely. That game was incredible. And yea that was kinda weird with Griffin, but I liked it. I think he plays better when he's pissed off, haha.
DERP