Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Started by yoda on mars, Nov 01, 2007, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Quote from: Jacob on Apr 26, 2013, 11:51 AM
Meh, DEP is starting to sound like a parody of themselves. They are incredibly skillful musicians and the songs are not bad, but there's really no innovation here. They stick to the same concept as Miss Machine and it's honestly starting to bore me.

I like this track, but I do also agree with you on this Jacob. On the other hand there are lots of bands i love that still sound like they did a long time ago, i think maybe it's just us not being the biggest Dillinger fans in the first place (Speaking for myself atleast). Not exactly stoked for the new album, but hopefully it will surprise me.

theis

Quote from: Jacob on Apr 26, 2013, 11:51 AM
Meh, DEP is starting to sound like a parody of themselves. They are incredibly skillful musicians and the songs are not bad, but there's really no innovation here. They stick to the same concept as Miss Machine and it's honestly starting to bore me.

I don't agree here.

Prancer and When I Lost My Bet both have Dillinger's trademark stuff, but they also bring new things to the table. Also, judging from the album preview it definitely sounds like they're treading new ground.

I, for one, am very excited about this album.

mr.sinister

Yep new Dillinger is always good Dillinger.

bright lights, big city

again, so far so good. that title track is incredible.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Zantera

Really excited for the new album. Speaking of which, I will have to pre-order it soon.

mr.sinister

Yeah me too, but it comes out in like two weeks maybe I should just wait and pick it up at the record shop.

Zantera

Yeah, most recordstores will have it probably. I will try to pre-order it with the T-Shirt and a Vinyl as well, so the packages from their store might be the best for me, if we're talking price.

Love your sig btw.  ;D

FlyingPiranha

What the fuck did Greg do to himself at the Golden Gods show? They weren't even done with Prancer yet and his face was covered in blood.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

lftpp

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on May 03, 2013, 08:37 AM
What the fuck did Greg do to himself at the Golden Gods show? They weren't even done with Prancer yet and his face was covered in blood.
he and David Draiman made eye contact, that was enough for Greg...

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Could someone ripped those 2 songs? I did but I had a gap in every second, shitty software didnt work.

luisch

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on May 03, 2013, 10:02 AM
Could someone ripped those 2 songs? I did but I had a gap in every second, shitty software didnt work.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

MaximumPezcore

The new album leaked, anyone check it out yet? I haven't since I'm waiting until a better quality rip, but just thought I'd throw that out there for everyone who doesn't know yet.

theis

This album is fucking amazing. Blowing my mind right now.

I'm gonna go absolute mental when I'm seeing them live this summer.

CD-rip (320kbps) http://uploaded.net/file/gvru0l89

bright lights, big city

Crossburner is just phenominal
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

people are people

this fucking terrible scene kid band is not worth a review. their music is generic mathcore/math metal mix with  heavy metal/hardcore , the kind of music hot topic fan boys get wet over. their stupid fans say their music is hardcore. this is not hardcore, because it sounds nothing like the dead kennedys or minor threat, but are still shitty as them. their stupid fans wear those overly colorful t shirts, but it just makes you look like a wigger. the music is extremely generic, just shitty gutteral vocals with repetitive drumming and palm muted guitars in drop D. the only difference is the unecessary clean vocals. they are just as poppy sounding as the jonas brothers or justin bieber. way to go a gay to remember fans. you think you're so counter culture, but your favorite band is just as mainstream and accesible to 13 year old boys and 16 year old girls as lil waynes music. this band sucks

theis