Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Started by yoda on mars, Nov 01, 2007, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Is he a member of Disturbed?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Hey Theis what's the password for the link you posted?

elite54

I am all over Crossburner and The Threat Posed By Nuclear Weapons right now.

lftpp

Quote from: people are people on May 11, 2013, 08:16 PM
this fucking terrible scene kid band is not worth a review. their music is generic mathcore/math metal mix with  heavy metal/hardcore , the kind of music hot topic fan boys get wet over. their stupid fans say their music is hardcore. this is not hardcore, because it sounds nothing like the dead kennedys or minor threat, but are still shitty as them. their stupid fans wear those overly colorful t shirts, but it just makes you look like a wigger. the music is extremely generic, just shitty gutteral vocals with repetitive drumming and palm muted guitars in drop D. the only difference is the unecessary clean vocals. they are just as poppy sounding as the jonas brothers or justin bieber. way to go a gay to remember fans. you think you're so counter culture, but your favorite band is just as mainstream and accesible to 13 year old boys and 16 year old girls as lil waynes music. this band sucks
ok david Draiman, you forgot to turn CAPS LOCK ON!

theis

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 11, 2013, 08:48 PM
Hey Theis what's the password for the link you posted?

Visitant

this fucking terrible scene kid band is not worth a review. their music is generic mathcore/math metal mix with  heavy metal/hardcore , the kind of music hot topic fan boys get wet over. their stupid fans say their music is hardcore. this is not hardcore, because it sounds nothing like the dead kennedys or minor threat, but are still shitty as them. their stupid fans wear those overly colorful t shirts, but it just makes you look like a wigger. the music is extremely generic, just shitty gutteral vocals with repetitive drumming and palm muted guitars in drop D. the only difference is the unecessary clean vocals. they are just as poppy sounding as the jonas brothers or justin bieber. way to go a gay to remember fans. you think you're so counter culture, but your favorite band is just as mainstream and accesible to 13 year old boys and 16 year old girls as lil waynes music. this band sucks

LOL!  Troll?  Since when is Dillinger a scene kid band?  This sounds like you're talking about Attack Attack or something.  Also, Dillinger has never tuned down their guitars to even drop D and I've never seen them wear or even sell merch that is super colorful like you described.  Why I'm even responding to this I have no idea but either way, new Dillinger rules.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

lftpp

http://www.theprp.com/2013/05/11/news/the-dillinger-escape-plan-detail-one-of-us-is-the-killer-bonus-tracks/

QuoteThe band have since confirmed it will also come with two bonus tracks.

Those include a remix of the title track done by Shaun Lopez of Crosses/Far fame (under his Easy Girl moniker)
yah!!

MaximumPezcore

Quote from: theis on May 11, 2013, 07:23 PM
This album is fucking amazing. Blowing my mind right now.

I'm gonna go absolute mental when I'm seeing them live this summer.

CD-rip (320kbps) http://uploaded.net/file/gvru0l89
There is a special place in heaven for people like you <3

I know this might be a troll, but if it's not, at least until the Bieber and Jonas Bros part, I can actually get why you'd think they're some scene kid band initially, because before I even listened to them I always dismissed them as shit because I saw their shit in Hot Topic, and HT doesn't exactly have a record of having non-shit music outside of a few bands, it's always very flavor-of-the-week type shit. Thankfully one of my best friends showed me the light a few years ago and I fell in love with DEP's music.

I don't think anyone really claims DEP's music is hardcore, as far as I've heard people only call them metal or mathcore, although honestly they do remind me of the old hardcore scene in the way that they truly don't give a fuck, and the way they can interact with a crowd and make the crowd move really is reminiscent of hardcore punk back in the day. This isn't Pierce The Veil type shit that they claim is hardcore, this is some shit with balls.

But 'a gay to remember' and comparing something to Justin Bieber and Jonas Bros? You're really not trying, are you?

MaximumPezcore

Quote from: Alvar on Nov 28, 2008, 11:15 PM
ok i uploaded some stuff i got, mostly covers that were not featured on the plagiarism EP

included:
i don't want you playing with my phone (unreleased instrumental)
rebel yell (billy idol cover)
my michelle (guns n roses cover)
damaged 1&2 (black flag cover)
honey bucket (melvins cover)
paranoid (black sabbath cover)

http://www.mediafire.com/?vnfq0uxrjwt
Anyone got these? I already got My Michelle and Paranoid, I'm just mainly interested in that instrumental.

FlyingPiranha

Loving the title track, Crossburner, Paranoia Shields, and Nothing's Funny right now. This album is fucking sick.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Even my dad says they are very dinamic. I'll probably buy him a copy along mine this week :D
IMO is like Miss Machine part 2 which is fucking awesome.

DeftonesNZ

I like this album alot they seem to have crafted their songs better on this album I like the dynamics. I think once they learn how to capture the raw energy of songs like "when I lost my bet" into a more well crafted song then their albums will be go from good to amazing though because at some points the instrumentals still sound disjointed and Ben resorts to short fast strums too many times instead of using riffs that could make the song even heavier whilst adding some rhythm.

theis

The "slow" songs on this album are the best slow songs they've written to date.

I've been listening to the album about 10 times now. Not even remotely tired of it.

Best DEP album. Album of the year...hard to imagine anything else topping it.

bright lights, big city

Seems like everyday I hear something new in a song on this album and it becomes my favorite. There have been like 6 songs on here that I've called my favorite on the album. Today it's The Threat Posed By Nuclear Weapons.

Definitely my favorite album of the year so far.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

The end of the title track gives me chills. Absolute massive.

Crossburner still blows my mind.

Argh, love 'em all.

elite54

Anyone buy the hard copy and have the lyrics?

shoop

Slopez's remix of the title track: https://soundcloud.com/easygirlmusic/the-dillinger-escape-plan-one
anyone have the bonus tracks from the disc or itunes yet?

Crazylegs

I enjoyed this a lot more than i thought i would. Good album.

shoop

Does anyone have this track 12 (One Of Us Is The Killer - Extended Version) from the itunes bonus?
https://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/on...ck/id640480914

Here's the Best Buy bonus tracks: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/xZbwv2COEW8QhWI4X%2FogVg

elite54

That link isn't working for me, man.