Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Started by yoda on mars, Nov 01, 2007, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

Quote from: White Wrist on Nov 03, 2007, 06:21 PM
i am new to this band. I like Milk Lizard and Black Bubblegum...the others are EXTREME!!!!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! UAUUUUUUUURGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah me too. everything that mike patton touch turns into something awesome.

im loving milk lizard...

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

deftonekid

could someone upload their firsts albums? i just have Ire Works...

thx in advance

deftonekid

StalkeR

IRE WORKS IS AWESOME:) really nice... heavy but still very listenable ;)
www.stalkerowaty.prv.pl
--------------
"come fall in love with the sound..."

deftonekid

Oldnewtype

I never knew how popular DEP really was. Almost everyone I work in the kitchen with loves them.

vadimo

i have checked out the new Dillinger ire works album, errm sure its good but no way better than 'miss machine' or anything else. The albums lacks of intensity, that madness like 'panasonic youth' had and in whole how miss machine was, there was quality state in it; epic, aggressiveness, intense, poppy parts, example: 'Setting Fire to Sleeping Giant' or 'Sunshine the Werewolf'.
Come on some one here must agree with what i'm trying to say?

Also what is that annoying effect over pretty much every song on the album? Its like crunchy noise? Its more noticeable when listening on the headphones.

Anyway i was really looking forward to this new album but it has not met my expectations, I remember one year ago, dillinger guitarist commented "we are writing such crazy riffs, even we as creators are struggling to catch up".
Of course every commercial reviewer will say its an amazing record, best of the year, best they have ever written, the most experimental album ever - Dillinger are big band these days, no one would slag them off, especially commercial media.

PS: sure i do like; Black Bubblegum (who doesn't!!!), Fix Your Face, Milk Lizard, Dead As History and Horse Hunter.

:-\

goldpony

i havent bought ire works yet, but i previewed on myspace and i kinda agree w vadimo. it lacks the...awesomeness...of the last record. of course let me buy it and listen more then i'll prob be back on here strokin their johnson like everyone else ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Alvar

yes
miss machine > ire works

but still i wouldnt call the album a disappointment or say its even boring.

its just hard to beat such a perfect record like miss machine which did set new standarts in the world of dillinger.
ire works is more... an expansion of their sound, without bringing much new stuff or style to their music. but its still a fucking great album.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

deftonekid

Quote from: Alvar on Nov 13, 2007, 08:28 PM
ire works is more... an expansion of their sound, without bringing much new stuff or style to their music. but its still a fucking great album.

word

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

vadimo

Quote from: deftonekid on Nov 13, 2007, 08:31 PM

word

thats true, i just expected something on the level of miss machine or even a top up. so thats why i'm a bit dissapointed.

Quote from: Alvar on Nov 18, 2007, 06:07 PM
interview with the new drummer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qirDCIaSnQ

sorry but, this new drummer sounds like his brains are not functioning - retarded.  Anyway i heard that there was certain disputes and arguments growing between Chris P and Ben (original two members). Apparently thats why he leaft.

StalkeR

Quote from: vadimo on Nov 19, 2007, 12:00 AM
Quote from: deftonekid on Nov 13, 2007, 08:31 PM

word

thats true, i just expected something on the level of miss machine or even a top up. so thats why i'm a bit dissapointed.

Quote from: Alvar on Nov 18, 2007, 06:07 PM
interview with the new drummer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qirDCIaSnQ

sorry but, this new drummer sounds like his brains are not functioning - retarded.  Anyway i heard that there was certain disputes and arguments growing between Chris P and Ben (original two members). Apparently thats why he leaft.

you should really appreciate tracks like - when acting as a wave, when acting as a particle and sick on sunday!! those are really great connection between synthesizer's music and heavy riffs (amazing for me...  cause I'm big fan of electronic music)
some tracks sounds like metal/heavy aphex twin :D
this album is more experimental. Miss Machine was HEAVY KILLER :) but of course great one :D
www.stalkerowaty.prv.pl
--------------
"come fall in love with the sound..."

goldpony

could someone please upload under the running board? thx in advance
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

defskull

Just got it and I really like it.  Some of the songs remind of Calculating Infinity era stuff which is just great. 

We can only wonder what would have been had Pennie been on the record.