My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

goldpony

prepare to be blown away
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

defskull

Ire Works and Miss Machine are two very different records.  So much that I don't even feel like they can be compared.  I enjoy both of them, but I feel like I enjoy them for entirely incomparable different reasons.

vadimo

i just miss all the math Miss Machine had

defskull

Does Ire Works not have enough? Though it's not all mathy, I like the variety.

goldpony

i just felt like ire works was a step back or sideways, not forward. the heavy songs, especially the first two just sound forced to me. like they were trying to appeal to people who liked their older works. i dont know if this actually the case but thats just my opinion. i would say it feels like ire works should have come out before miss machine. it seems to fit in the bands evolution better there. does that make sense?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

deftonekid

Quote from: goldpony on Nov 27, 2007, 12:55 AM
the heavy songs, especially the first two just sound forced to me. like they were trying to appeal to people who liked their older works.

word

defskull

i just felt like ire works was a step back or sideways, not forward. the heavy songs, especially the first two just sound forced to me. like they were trying to appeal to people who liked their older works. i dont know if this actually the case but thats just my opinion. i would say it feels like ire works should have come out before miss machine. it seems to fit in the bands evolution better there. does that make sense?

I see it as them evolving and perhaps moving away from the mathy stuff. 

It appears as if DEP will become one of those bands that branches out and experiments with various other genres like Deftones.

briang

I agree 100 percent. The first two songs sound incredibly forced.

Starz

just ordered my ticket for their London gig in February

vadimo

Quote from: Starz on Nov 29, 2007, 12:30 AM
just ordered my ticket for their London gig in February

oh shit forgot, i'll do that too! I think between the buried and me are supporting which will be cool.

Quote from: defskull on Nov 28, 2007, 06:55 PM

I see it as them evolving and perhaps moving away from the mathy stuff. 

It appears as if DEP will become one of those bands that branches out and experiments with various other genres like Deftones.

Dillinger should never stop making math metal CDs, they are one of the best bands at that.

White Wrist

i am loving this cd. The shorter and hard hard songs, not my favourite. but the others...are so much intense. So much variety. Really cool!

whodunit?

they've played in Poland just two months ago. I couldn't go to see them because of my job  :( I read the article about the whole festival, cause they played the gig during METALMANIA festival, but most people booed them. I hope the play another gig some time in Poland again.

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Battle-Axe

I absolutely love this band. Saw them live on Valentine's Day in Manchester and Ben just about hit me in in the head with his guitar hahah. Sweet fucking band and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to, plus I got like a quarter of a setlist. Would've got the whole thing, but during the last song [Sunshine The Werewolf], Ben dragged one of his cabs to the middle of the stage and spent most of his time on top of it... and it fell onto Greg's setlist, hence I could only grab part of it after the show :P

Ire Works is definitely in my top 3 albums of last year. Horse Hunter is probably my favourite track :]

Alvar

yes, horse hunter is a brilliant track. also, brents voice sounds so great!

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Battle-Axe

Quote from: Alvar on Jun 25, 2008, 11:23 PM
yes, horse hunter is a brilliant track. also, brents voice sounds so great!

I know! I put the CD on at work when I first got it and was busy seeing to customers so I didn't read the liner notes or anything... and then suddenly I hear Brent Hinds and I'm like fuuuck - Mastodon are one of my favourite bands :D