Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Started by yoda on mars, Nov 01, 2007, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

theis

First "review" of Option Paralysis http://www.rocksound.tv/features/article/dillinger-e

Preview of each song
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT, I am excited!!!

Jacob

am I the only one who think all their stuff is starting to sound the same? I mean, how many times have they used the chaos/soft-melodic-part/chaos formula now?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Crazylegs

yeah, i'm not ultra fond of them at the moment. Can't say i'm looking much forward to this release, i still enjoy ire works though.

bright lights, big city

If you enjoyed Ire Works, why not look forward to this? I mean I dont know, you might not hold Ire Works in high regard like I do (best album of 2007), but if you like a band or the last album by that band, normally you're pretty stoked for a new release.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

it's just that i've listened to ire works enough to really enjoy it. It's like how i'm not at all stoked about the next deftones album. I still love most of their albums, because i listened the fuck out of them.

Jacob

I lost interest after Miss Machine had been out for a while already. I listened so much to that album, and even more to the EP with Patton (which got me into them) and after a while I guess I just grew a bit tired of their sound. when Ire Works was released I took a listen and felt like it was pretty much Miss Machine mark II and never bothered to get into it. and every bit I heard in the teaser video above felt like same old typical DEP.

they're still amazing at what they do, I guess I just don't appreciate it enough anymore. I saw them live on the Ire Works tour btw and it was really good, as usual.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Damn, I think Miss Machine and Ire Works are vastly different. While Miss Machine was a non-stop audio onslaught, Ire Works had a lot of progressive and melodic parts. Their jazz and electro influences also shined a lot more on Ire Works.

I love the direction they're going in and reading the first review of Option Paralysis definitely got me twice as stoked. It sounds like it's gonna be fantastic.

bright lights, big city

DERP

wither-I

why do i hate the lead singer?

"coming into the nearness of distance"

theis

First Mike Patton, now Greg Puciato?

You just hate awesome people, I guess.

Deft_16_Ones

I want this CD to leaked already !!!! Good neighbor live sounds so killer.

_Fireal_

Sweet video.  Can't wait for the leak.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

_Fireal_

And the opening is very reminiscent of panasonic youth.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

bright lights, big city

DERP

defskull

I love how the video is beautifully disorientating. Sort of like their music perhaps?