Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Started by yoda on mars, Nov 01, 2007, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: defskull on Mar 14, 2010, 09:54 AM
Quote from: theis on Mar 13, 2010, 08:49 PM
DEP on Fox News. http://media2.foxnews.com/031110/031110_stat_dillingerband_700.wmv

So random, hahaha.

I really enjoyed this.  I have no idea what happened.  I don't know who comes out looking cooler: Fox News or DEP

well that girl comes off as sort of an idiot. especially when she starts giving the bassist shit for how he looks. she's funny though. seems like t hey all really enjoyed themselves. good stuff.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Fuuuck, I wanna listen to Option Paralysis soooo bad. Been having Miss Machine and Ire Works on repeat to ease the waiting.

5 more days, 5 more days, 5 more days, 5 more days...

Deft_16_Ones

Here is one of the bonus songs http://www.mediafire.com/?lmjmtz2mhxe
I think is a remix of Gold teeth on a bum
I will try to find ChuckMcChip ;)

bright lights, big city

http://hotfile.com/dl/33605264/5bf4ac1/o_p_2010_t_d_e_p_alltimegreatesthits.wordpress.com.rar.html
thats got the same bonus track, but its also got the entire album in some higher quality bitrates
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

theis

Man, Good Neighbor is just mindblowing. "SUICIIIIIDE!"

theis

I think I've listened to Option Paralysis 15 times since yesterday, haha. This is addicting.

Flawless album.

bright lights, big city

question is, however, is it a better overall album than Diamond Eyes?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Haha damn, that's almost impossible to answer. They're both such vastly different albums.

But for a creative standpoint and overall "holy fucking shit" factor, then yes, I'd say it's a better album than Diamond Eyes.

bright lights, big city

i'll agree with you on that. i know i'm going to keep coming back to both these albums for the rest of the year, and everything else will have to be compared to OP and DE as they are probably 1-2 right now for albums of the year.

i'm just really glad that both of them lived up to the hype we were giving them.
DERP

An bád dubh

Im checking this out. The last thing I checked from this band was Ire Works from 2007. Dont remember that I wouldve liked it. Hoping for the best!

defskull

Just picked this up and I'm just finishing up my first listen.  So far it sounds pretty good.  To be honest there doesn't seem to be as much overall experimentation as Ire Works, but what's here is pretty good.  It's a lot more of typical DEP than I thought it would be.  But still, that's a good thing. 

Top Three Songs (First Run Through):

Farewell, Mona Lisa
Room Full of Eyes
Widower

bright lights, big city

speaking of Ire Works, here's my list of best DEP full-length albums

1. Ire Works
2. Option Paralysis
3. Miss Machine
4. Calculating Infinity
DERP

An bád dubh

Okay, I checked out Option Paralysis. Didnt take long as cant get into it at all. Too bad for me, Im losing out probably.

I'll check it again after a couple of years.

bright lights, big city

that sucks, cuz if you can't get into this album with that opening track, i don't know what else to say.
DERP

An bád dubh

Yeah, but you gotta remember that for me Fall Of Troy was too screamy just a couple of years ago. Haha, its true too!

Listening to the first track again now, umm, what can I say, I dont really like the screams, dont really care for the clear vocals either. The music is fine but it all just sound vocalwise/melodywise so plain... dont know, I just cant get anything out of it, I even find the drums boring in their technical amazingness.

Starz

There are better singing vocals on the album. Mona Lisa is the worst song on the album IMO.

An bád dubh

Which 2 songs would you suggest me to check out Starz? I will make an exception and not judge the CD by its first 20 minutes.

defskull

Check out Parasitic twins.  Just finished it for the second time and it's pretty damn good.  Also, I just found out Dimitri Minakakis did the artwork for their latest album.  So cool that they still keep him a part of the band.

An bád dubh

Listened Parasitic Twins a few times through, it was quite good actually. Also listened to the last piece which was good as well.

I shall give these guys another try already later this week.

Thanks for the recommendation!