Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

No country for old men

Started by wither-I, Nov 10, 2007, 08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie

Quote from: devilinside on Apr 13, 2008, 07:21 PM
I dunno..it just bored me. I guess i'm just not into this kinda movie though. Or maybe I didn't understand it like everyone else did. What I got from it was there is a serial killer lookin for his drug money,shootin people in the head with some fucking air canister. I mean...what really was so brilliant about that?

very valid points, but what made this movie so great was the direction, dialogue and the incredibly awesome camera work. you don't see this kind of filming or acting style in modern movies anymore. just seeing this movie on the screen and hearing the characters talk completely submerged me into it.

although i hated the ending, i think this movie, for at least 2 hours or so, brought back the feeling of watching a masterpiece.

wither-I

this movie is a disgrace to what else the brothers have done.

VIVA THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

im sorry but there will be blood really just sucked.  especially compared to no country.

wither-I

bright lights, big city

it is possible to like both. i just loved No Country better. if not for that movie, TWBB would have won everything at the oscars.
it really was a work of art. i only think No Country kept you in it the whole way through. NCFOM was my best movie experience
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 15, 2008, 07:54 AM
you are insane  :)
Im going to watch There will be blood again.  Now that I know what to expect.  I may not hate it.  But the movie was just very boring the first time through.

wither-I

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 15, 2008, 08:04 AM
it really was a work of art.
this is really the only kind movies i watch these days. its just my taste in "films" now (so to each his/her own). i usually only watch independent releases and documentaries and such... no country is good but just not to par with other efforts of theirs. i did like it alot at first but it kind of lost hold....
Quote from: Variable on Apr 15, 2008, 12:12 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Apr 15, 2008, 07:54 AM
you are insane  :)
Im going to watch There will be blood again.  Now that I know what to expect.  I may not hate it.  But the movie was just very boring the first time through.
haha you dont have to do that mayn, but i do support you in any of your future trials!  :)

Variable

no I need to.  I cant accept that so many people loved such a horrible movie.  I was expecting something totally different when I started watching it.  So maybe now that I know what to expect I can get over that it wasn't what I thought it was and actually enjoy it.

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Apr 16, 2008, 05:07 PM
no I need to.  I cant accept that so many people loved such a horrible movie.  I was expecting something totally different when I started watching it.  So maybe now that I know what to expect I can get over that it wasn't what I thought it was and actually enjoy it.

Maybe I should do that with this movie...though I still don't think it'll work. :/

bright lights, big city

do it! it really is fuckin good
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

i kill for fun

not bad until the end..very disapointing
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

theis

nope, the ending was perfect.

seen this flick 5 times now and it gets better every time.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 29, 2008, 03:32 PM
nope, the ending was perfect.

seen this flick 5 times now and it gets better every time.
just like the big lebowski, fargo, and o brother where are thou
DERP

theis

damn straight.

the coen's are fucking awesome.

have you seen their older movies? Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink? those are great too.

bright lights, big city

fo sho man, they're all good
raising arizona was good too, even though i dont care for nicolas cage
DERP

i kill for fun

no fireal..this ended up beig LAME
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Variable

the end was just fine.  You just have to be intelligent enough to understand it.

bright lights, big city

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/29/burn-after-reading-red-band-movie-trailer/

new Coen Bros. movie Burn After Reading red band trailer... looks good.
ive read comparisons to the big lebowski, which makes me super excited about this
DERP

theis

looks great.

looking forward to see brad pitt in this kind of role. he looks hilarious.

Variable

I fucking love Brad Pitt